Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315509 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #600 on: August 04, 2014, 01:29:00 am »

Hey guys, I just got back into modding for the first time in 0.40. I am trying to create a civ that lives in dark fortresses, like goblins. However, every time I designate [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS], it crashes when placing the civ. Is this something we can no longer do in 0.40? Or am I forgetting how to do this?

It makes me very sad.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 04, 2014, 04:30:23 am »

Hmm, I've got a working wizard secret syndrome, but I can't manage to get them to build towers. I'm not sure if the zombies are required, or how to get my wizards to stop becoming mayors and other nobles of civilizations so they can spend their time training apprentices. Any ideas anyone?
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 04, 2014, 05:14:51 am »

Hey guys, I just got back into modding for the first time in 0.40. I am trying to create a civ that lives in dark fortresses, like goblins. However, every time I designate [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS], it crashes when placing the civ. Is this something we can no longer do in 0.40? Or am I forgetting how to do this?

It makes me very sad.
In all likelihood, the crash is caused by having multiple positions with [CHAT_WORTHY] in that entity. Somehow that seems to confuse the demon "creating" the entity, it would seem.

Hmm, I've got a working wizard secret syndrome, but I can't manage to get them to build towers. I'm not sure if the zombies are required, or how to get my wizards to stop becoming mayors and other nobles of civilizations so they can spend their time training apprentices. Any ideas anyone?
People with secrets only build towers when they have 50 zombies (or otherwise animated creatures). I'm not certain about apprentices - I think they can always take apprentices no matter where they are as long as the secret has the mundane teaching tag, but I'm not 100% sure.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 04, 2014, 06:26:51 am »

Hmm, any idea which tag in here
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE RAISE]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Animated corpse]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:60:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:HAS_BLOOD:TRANCES:LIKES_FIGHTING:MISCHIEVOUS:START:0]
makes the zombie loyal to the necromancer?

Edit: actually it's probably [I_EFFECT:ANIMATE] isn't it. hmm.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:28:48 am by wooks »
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 04, 2014, 09:03:43 am »

Hmm, any idea which tag in here
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:EXAMPLE RAISE]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Animated corpse]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:60:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:HAS_BLOOD:TRANCES:LIKES_FIGHTING:MISCHIEVOUS:START:0]
makes the zombie loyal to the necromancer?

Edit: actually it's probably [I_EFFECT:ANIMATE] isn't it. hmm.

[NOt_LIVING] In the necromancer's file. Anything without is an enemy.

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 04, 2014, 09:13:49 am »

Necromancers don't actually have that tag. Only their zombies do. Luckily for the necromancers the zombies are their allies. I did a few more hours than I care to admit figuring out what actually caused the zombies to be allies with the necromancers, and it turns out it was being raised by them. Now my wizards work, albeit they have to do some dual-interaction-paralysis-negating-zombie-transforming to avoid having zombies.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:29 am »

Necromancers don't actually have that tag. Only their zombies do. Luckily for the necromancers the zombies are their allies. I did a few more hours than I care to admit figuring out what actually caused the zombies to be allies with the necromancers, and it turns out it was being raised by them. Now my wizards work, albeit they have to do some dual-interaction-paralysis-negating-zombie-transforming to avoid having zombies.

That might of changed, in 34 I tried without Not_living they would become stuck in an infanant combat loop, kill x, raise x, kill x raise x, ad nauseum.

Are you testing in arena or adventure?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:09 am »

It makes me very sad.
In all likelihood, the crash is caused by having multiple positions with [CHAT_WORTHY] in that entity. Somehow that seems to confuse the demon "creating" the entity, it would seem.

That's not it. The entity runs fine once I change their [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE] to city or the like. I did try it though. No Dice.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 04, 2014, 11:30:10 am »

It makes me very sad.

That's not it. The entity runs fine once I change their [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE] to city or the like. I did try it though. No Dice.
It's weird that I don't seem to have other problems with my positions, I only needed to "comment out" that one token.... Either way, it is something about having positions in the entity. That much is established.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

lost viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 04, 2014, 01:00:13 pm »

hey, I've been modding, or trying to mod several civilizations that I've been working on since 0.40 came out and have been running into some problems.

1. I've been trying to create a custom material reaction for one of the creatures and no matter what I try it refuses to accept the material I've been trying as valid, I am out of ideas.

2. how do you add feathers to wings only? I've attempted several combinations of raw commands and... i don't even know if its possible for them to show up in arena mode when I'm testing them so i don't even know if what I have done works or not.

3.when ever I try and make one of my civilizations start in the tundra they just aren't placed at all. does the limitations of the tundra mean that they all starve to death before they can carve a civilization for themselves?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 04, 2014, 01:07:49 pm »

The thing you're doing wrong is probably "everything". Post all you have, including the filenames.

perigrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 04, 2014, 01:34:05 pm »

how would one go about making a custom race that would make civilizations and be playable in adventure mode?
i tried, and got one that was basicly just a copied human with a different name, but even then i couldnt get them to appear outside of the testing arena.
raws here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:35:55 pm by perigrin »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 04, 2014, 01:36:53 pm »

The [DESCRIPTION:] tag is not the tag to start defining a creature, for one. It's [CREATURE:].

perigrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 04, 2014, 01:37:58 pm »

The [DESCRIPTION:] tag is not the tag to start defining a creature, for one. It's [CREATURE:].
ahh, ok, first mod attempt period, i will fix that now

so, like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:41:24 pm by perigrin »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 04, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

Not [CREATURE_TILE:], just [CREATURE:].
Use the raws already in the game for reference.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 247