Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315888 times)

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #915 on: August 24, 2014, 10:44:12 pm »

Is there a way to stop certain materials from showing up in arena mode selections?  I have some fake "label" materials that shouldn't show up anywhere but in stockpile menus, but which show as available materials in the arena, like all inorganics. For an example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This also happens with wood labels (for different grades of wood) and tree selections, though I suppose, I could shove the placeholder label into an existing plant and embargo the wood with DFHack. 

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 24, 2014, 10:47:09 pm »

Off the top of my head, it may help to make sure that you didn't give them [IS_METAL] or [WOOD], or that they don't pull from templates that use those tags.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 24, 2014, 11:09:51 pm »

Aren't those required for the materials to show in the correct stockpiles though?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 24, 2014, 11:12:17 pm »

I didn't think that through. Sorry about that.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 24, 2014, 11:35:03 pm »

Yeah, I'm aware of all that.  I just don't know what the individual numbers in the sequence represent.  Is it something like

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:full speed:build-up time:max turn speed:start speed:energy use:????]
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 24, 2014, 11:42:30 pm »

Oh, the actual arguments of the creature variation.

The order of arguments is the maximum speed of the walk, jog, run, sprint, stroll, and creep, or whatever their synonyms are for non-bipedal variations.

The stuff like build-up or turning speed are already defined within the creature variation file.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 25, 2014, 03:58:15 am »

Where would I find the characteristics of divine metals? I'd like to make an alloy of similar strength, above steel, below adamantine. I've been told you could find them, along with demon/angel/titan/forgotten beast types, in uncompressed save folders. I've found the demons before, but I can't find the divine metals stats.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 25, 2014, 05:26:36 am »

The divine metals should have the header INORGANIC:DIVINE_1, _3, _5 etc (_2, _4 etc are the divine cloths). If you have the ability to run php scripts, you could also try to run Quietust's rawextract script and use those to find the metals.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 25, 2014, 05:40:02 am »

Thanks. I'll look into Quietust's rawextract.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #924 on: August 25, 2014, 09:44:30 am »

You can mine ice. Conceivably, could you store the ice blocks in a barrel, let them melt, and have a barrel full of water to drink?
Ice boulders melted into empty buckets reaction by Malecus:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ICE_TO_WATER] --by Malecus
   [NAME:melt ice boulders]
   [BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_I]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:WATER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:B:1:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][DOES_NOT_ABSORB][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:2:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
   [SKILL:PRESSING]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 25, 2014, 09:48:04 am »

So does anybody understand the breakdown of the number sequence in the [GAIT] token?  It looks like they define things like max speed, turning speed, etc, but I have no idea where those variables are defined in the sequence.
Hey SalmonGod, have my compiled-from-realworld animal speeds, as GAITs. These I use in the OldGenesis mod (which is a fork of Deon's Genesis 3.xx)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 25, 2014, 12:35:36 pm »

How would I go about making goblins, kobolds, giants, and other assorted evil humanoids playable as adventurers? I'd be fine with just outsider adventurers, if that's any help.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 25, 2014, 12:48:36 pm »

How would I go about making goblins, kobolds, giants, and other assorted evil humanoids playable as adventurers? I'd be fine with just outsider adventurers, if that's any help.
It's the ADVENTURE_TIER tag in entity files, eg.
[ENTITY:SKULKING]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:10]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:KOBOLD]

or you could just play a major mod, many mods have that feature incorporated.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 25, 2014, 01:47:00 pm »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

Don't think the ADVENTURER_TIER:X is necessary. Helpful yes, but not necessary.

Just make an entity as above, INDIV_CONTROLLABLE allows for outsider adventurers and the creature itself is self_explanatory. Keep in mind that an entity can have multiple creatures (for civs, it means it chooses one at random when spawning a civilization in worldgen; for adventurers it should mean that all of them are available, but someone correct me on this if I'm wrong).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 25, 2014, 02:05:04 pm »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

Don't think the ADVENTURER_TIER:X is necessary. Helpful yes, but not necessary.

Just make an entity as above, INDIV_CONTROLLABLE allows for outsider adventurers and the creature itself is self_explanatory. Keep in mind that an entity can have multiple creatures (for civs, it means it chooses one at random when spawning a civilization in worldgen; for adventurers it should mean that all of them are available, but someone correct me on this if I'm wrong).
You aren't.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 247