Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316800 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2100 on: February 02, 2015, 08:53:15 pm »

Nope
Is there some non-hacky way to implement a cure/antidote for a syndrome that isn't pre-emptive?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: February 02, 2015, 09:55:32 pm »

Nope

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 03, 2015, 03:05:52 am »

Well, you could make it so the syndrome applies a special syndrome that reapplies the original syndrome when it dies out once every certain period of time(about the time the cure is supposed to take effect) then make it incompatible with a syndrome transmitted by the cure.

Interesting Possible Results
  • By making the syndrome have a chance of failing to reapply , you can have diseases that fade out over a random period of time.
  • It would also be possible to add side effects with the original sydrome.

This method has not been tested.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 03, 2015, 03:11:55 am »

I added fireimmune_super and dragonfire to my little steel angel chicks, had a companion with me and was running around laughing as I barfed fiery death everywhere (no wonder dragons do this, it's fun as hell!) the only thing she got stuck by was the whole flying creatures stuck in trees bug. She'd happily play with me in the middle of dragonfire without worries.

I did notice that at one point she had socks on along with her armor (no other clothes, they're pretty random about when they wear clothes properly) and a pouch with stuff in it, said stuff lasted the first several runs through fire, but later we took on a hydra and as I was a wrestler it took a while so I just said screw it and melted it with firespam. Later I noticed that she no longer had her cloth items with her, so I assume they burned.

Does your steel angel have FIXED_TEMP or is simply made of steel?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2104 on: February 03, 2015, 06:16:29 am »

Is there a way of removing tissue layers entirely using a syndrome?  I'm trying to make an effect that rots a creature into a living skeleton.  Necrosis doesn't work, the tissue just stays rotten forever.

Also, has anyone managed to use BODY_MAT_INTERACTION for anything other than transmitting a syndrome through drinking blood?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2105 on: February 03, 2015, 11:41:55 am »

Is there a way of removing tissue layers entirely using a syndrome?  I'm trying to make an effect that rots a creature into a living skeleton.  Necrosis doesn't work, the tissue just stays rotten forever.

Also, has anyone managed to use BODY_MAT_INTERACTION for anything other than transmitting a syndrome through drinking blood?
No and No.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 03, 2015, 12:08:42 pm »

Well you can melt tissues with an overheated emission...

Otherwise you cannot change tissues properties through a syndrome, no melting faces.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: February 03, 2015, 02:55:42 pm »

No and No.

1. Blisters can fully pulp tissue layers.
2. Any material token for local creature mat works last I checked.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 03, 2015, 08:56:01 pm »

I added fireimmune_super and dragonfire to my little steel angel chicks, had a companion with me and was running around laughing as I barfed fiery death everywhere (no wonder dragons do this, it's fun as hell!) the only thing she got stuck by was the whole flying creatures stuck in trees bug. She'd happily play with me in the middle of dragonfire without worries.

I did notice that at one point she had socks on along with her armor (no other clothes, they're pretty random about when they wear clothes properly) and a pouch with stuff in it, said stuff lasted the first several runs through fire, but later we took on a hydra and as I was a wrestler it took a while so I just said screw it and melted it with firespam. Later I noticed that she no longer had her cloth items with her, so I assume they burned.

Just [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] plus the dragon breath interaction (and the hilarious undirected dust I was messing with before I remembered that it will only make magma with gas or vapor, so she farts a cloud of rock and flies around randomly >.<) and I originally copied the bronze colossus exactly with the changes to make it steel, elf sized, and allow flight plus some flavor text.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 04, 2015, 03:38:08 am »

Just [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] plus the dragon breath interaction (and the hilarious undirected dust I was messing with before I remembered that it will only make magma with gas or vapor, so she farts a cloud of rock and flies around randomly >.<) and I originally copied the bronze colossus exactly with the changes to make it steel, elf sized, and allow flight plus some flavor text.
[/quote]

Undirected dust is cave in dust afaik, and it knocks enemies down making it an incredibly useful interaction. I just removed fixed_temp and had no issue too, I guess that masterwork simply broke immunity to heat. So far I tried pouring magma in arena mode but only a dragonfire damaged a sock. I'll try in fort mode if it improves path finding.

By the way, does personality or entity values modify the embarrassment of being uncovered?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 05, 2015, 09:57:18 am »

I'm sure there are personality factors, which I think get considered on top of entity prefs, hence why the steel angels don't care, their entity entry was originally modified from a copy of the kobold one and they're happy to run around in a loincloth and a dagger.

I am not sure if I broke something directly or if something more generally is broken btw, but earlier I just left the dragonfire/dust attacks in since they've got the [CDI_USAGE_HINT:CLEAN] or however it is phrased... well, while trying to figure out what exactly I did that disabled wrestling (I think I swapped the bodyplan and screwed up the grasp tag somewhere, no biggie as I can just roll them back) I started one in a hamlet that happened to have a lady and law-giver present... I checked and couldn't wrestle them, was going to log back out and as I walked away they started bathing each other in dragonfire and cave-in dust... funniest damn thing I've seen in a while.

Well crap, I think they were having aneurysms because now when I try to load up and get em doing it again it segfaults.

Tracked it down to a bracket I missed when I disabled the firebreath and forgot to put back in when I enabled it to grab an SS!

"Hello my lady, is there anything I can do to help our cause on this fine day?"

*lady barfs fire and farts rock dust*
*law-giver barfs fire and farts rock dust*

"Very well then."

*begins barfing fire along with them*

Fixed the wrestling bug btw, I had swapped the body plan at some point and forgot to add the 2WINGS back in apparently so it must have been looking for flier parts which weren't listed in humanoid_neck and I guess that borked the wrestling, works fine now, besides the uh... excessively lethal greeting rituals... well, lethal for non-angels that is.

Oh! Found some farmers in a house taking a firebath and complaining about being indoors... in the process this happened:

So there ya go, worn clothing on a fireimmune_super creature getting burned, though the socks seem to be fine, which explains why I kept finding them in just socks.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:10:40 am by Max™ »

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 06, 2015, 12:15:15 am »

Figured I'd start asking things here instead of polluting the modding forum with new topics. The current situation is a continuation from here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148249.0 And from the magma mod in my sig as well. It doesn't appear to work anymore, when once it did, and rather well.

How does one reliably trigger [IE_LOCATION:IN_MAGMA] or [IE_LOCATION:IN_WATER] interactions on a dwarf? It seems to me that any swimming, or other preoccupations with drowning, prevent the dwarf from using the interaction at all. (Which can be good or bad for our little friends, depending on the result of the interaction.) In fact, I don't know why, but I can't get the dwarves to even use it in 1/7 magma or water, respectively, in arena mode. I'm stumped.

Besides the raws posted on the magma mod page, I'm using these for my current project:
creature_standard.txt (dwarf):
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:WATER_TRANSFORMATION]
[CDI:VERB:transforms:transforms:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]
interaction_test.txt:
Code: [Select]
interaction_test

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

[INTERACTION:WATER_TRANSFORMATION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_LOCATION:IN_WATER]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:1]
[CE:CREATURE:DWARF:MALE_2]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:19:6:4:1:FREQUENCY:200:200:START:0]

In the magma mod thread, everyone said things like this should just trigger automatically. Can anyone spot anything wrong with the above example? Works fine without the water tag, although it's still not immediate. The way interactions trigger is something that I've just never understood, since it's been so sporadic in my experience. I've gotten stuck here in both my notable modding attempts.

Thanks in advance!

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 06, 2015, 03:12:15 am »

Don'y you need [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION] for interactions to activate?
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 06, 2015, 04:33:44 am »

I'm sure there are personality factors, which I think get considered on top of entity prefs, hence why the steel angels don't care, their entity entry was originally modified from a copy of the kobold one and they're happy to run around in a loincloth and a dagger.

I did not see anything special about kobold that make them not care about clothing but I'll keep looking. Otherwise I have a dfhack script that does the trick.

Do your angels need to eat? Because when I removed fixed_temp, suddenly all food was "too cold" and the succubi starved. They also cried, and their tear turned into steam so perhaps settings were just bad.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 06, 2015, 11:29:52 am »

Don'y you need [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION] for interactions to activate?

That may have made a difference, or maybe I was just impatient with my testing before. The dwarves do all eventually do the interaction in water less than 7/7 (all the way up to 6/7 - they might even in 7/7, except they've always drowned so far. Over like 50 tests.) But since it should fire *immediately* instead of *several days later*...how do I make that happen?

And my old mod still doesn't work. The raws are almost identical to what I posted above. I'll be fiddling with that.

And is there any way to restrict the interaction to certain water levels? Like "7/7 only" or "<7/7", etc.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 247