Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 316793 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2820 on: June 16, 2015, 09:38:54 pm »

Errorlog doesn't say anything, you have to use DFHack or some other weird test to tell if it went wrong.
What's the test?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: June 16, 2015, 09:46:06 pm »

Oh.

Also: Is candy thread and cloth dyable? And if I made a metal have the same process, and made the thread dyable, would the metal it produces have that dye affect them?

Like, say, this is a randommetal wafer. It is midnight blue with exceptional dimple dye. This is a randommetal sword. It is midnight blue with exceptional dimple dye.

Don't bet on it. Looking at the thread dyeing reaction with the Alt-A tweaking GUI shows that the only eligible inorganic materials are the divine mystery stuff.

And wafers are just metal bars by an other name.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: June 16, 2015, 09:47:20 pm »

Agh... I must still try.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: June 16, 2015, 11:39:50 pm »

Errorlog doesn't say anything, you have to use DFHack or some other weird test to tell if it went wrong.
What's the test?

unit.body.blood_max should be about equal (with a 50% uncertainty, though it will very really go that far) to the BODY_SIZE divided by 10.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: June 17, 2015, 05:57:25 am »

is there a way for a creature to not be able to die from bleeding yet still have blood?
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: June 17, 2015, 06:20:46 am »

An absolutely vast creature has an equally vast amount of blood to drain.

There really isn't, though. A hit to a major artery (throat, heart) is invariably fatal in a few ticks, no matter the size.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 17, 2015, 07:20:12 am »

An absolutely vast creature has an equally vast amount of blood to drain.

There really isn't, though. A hit to a major artery (throat, heart) is invariably fatal in a few ticks, no matter the size.
Just remove the major arteries tags.  It won't prevent bleeding to death, but will make it rare.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 20, 2015, 10:01:47 am »

What would happen if i injected a creature with molten gold. would it melt them then solidify creating a statue?
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 20, 2015, 11:08:54 am »

No. I'm not sure anything would happen at all.

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 20, 2015, 12:13:42 pm »

Is there even possible to make a pet do normal dwarf works like mine/fell wood/smelt ores?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: June 20, 2015, 12:27:04 pm »

Is there even possible to make a pet do normal dwarf works like mine/fell wood/smelt ores?

No. Maybe in the next version, since we will be able to get working non-dwarven residents.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: June 20, 2015, 01:22:19 pm »

unit.body.blood_max should be about equal (with a 50% uncertainty, though it will very really go that far) to the BODY_SIZE divided by 10.

Why are you doing something so inexact? I found exact body size info once while playing with GMEditor, don't remember exactly where it was, but I could find it again.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: June 20, 2015, 02:17:02 pm »

I think that unit.body.body_size_info or something similar is around, yeah, but I forgot what the values within were.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: June 20, 2015, 02:20:25 pm »

Well, you can join me in a fun-filled session of mutual forgetfulness :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: June 20, 2015, 02:32:26 pm »

I think that unit.body.body_size_info or something similar is around, yeah, but I forgot what the values within were.

unit.body.size_info.size_base and unit.body.size_info.size_cur. There is also information for the fraction of fat and muscle and such. (Just had to look through these for my attack script)
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 247