Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: DF2014 fresh out of release screenshot share thread  (Read 24230 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 fresh out of release screenshot share thread
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2014, 05:05:54 pm »

Dwarf Souls

The name is really DS-esque, too! :D

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2014, 05:53:32 pm »

the case of the missing arm
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2014, 05:55:01 pm »

Dwarf Fortress simulates sarcasm now.

Matt_S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2014, 06:12:27 pm »

Gee, sorry I asked.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:08 pm »

The dwarves seem pretty quick to dump responsibility of their offspring
Hell, they seem to expect it even. I wonder what percent of dwarves are abducted as children... 40%? 80%?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:45 pm »

1050 year small world:

Quote from: Civilized World Population
18929 Dwarves
6393 Humans
97 Elves
12466 Goblins
11 Kobolds

Total: 37896
Edit: here are the kobolds:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:47:18 pm by palu »
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Stalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:15 pm »

PTW.
I'm really enjoying all the new version features, although it has bugs and tends to crash, but it'll get fixed with time.
Thanks a lot Toady for making such an awesome game for free!
A medium-sized creature prone to artifact hunting, radiation and general stupidity.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2014, 06:06:21 am »

Spoiler: Conserving Space (click to show/hide)

I am happy to present my third picture of the release!

Story: I declared my claim on the site to the lord of the town, right in his keep. He didn't want to take me seriously, so I cut his head off by the neck. Their child charged at me after seeing this, resulting in an unfortunate death. The bowman you see here is a guard in the nearest tower. When I first approached her, she shouted "Murderer!" and ran towards me, but didn't attack. I convinced her (peacefully!) to cease his futile attack, so she did. For his compliance, I deemed her a candidate to be a hearthperson.

I believe her answer was sarcastic, judging by the fact that he spat at me for talking to her. She's still the hearthperson though, that must be humiliating.

UPDATE:
She's in for a short run as hearthperson. Can't let go of old grudges, she's shooting me with a bow while holding the wall. No, I don't know how she does that. It's a shame she's going to fall, she has talent.

Spoiler: To conserve space (click to show/hide)

UPDATE2: I've convinced her (via agressive negotiations) to stop climbing walls. She willingly gave up her limbs as a promise not to do it. She won't stop attacking though. She will remain my hearthperson. I need to keep her under close watch, lest she does something foolish.

UPDATE3: Having a nice chat with her while she's missing me with... her bites, I guess. Still doesn't have any fear. Prime example of a powerful mind here, perfect personality. Except the grudge-holding. That's getting out of hand.

UPDATE4: Crashed and forgot to save. Story over.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:42:46 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2014, 06:15:16 am »

Pictured here is a necromancer annoyed that there was a companion corpse ruined by the wild undead she kinda unleashed upon the world back when she was a dwarf outcast.

So the backstory of how I got to this was I was wandering with a elf and goblin companion and spotted a weird roaming party in the center of a hamlet. when I arrived and look it was a huge pack of undead and they made short work of my 'life is in one word fishing' goblin axewoman and shortly after trying to run away my elven swordswoman and the thing about necromancy is I can't reanimate if they die a messy death.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2014, 06:15:49 am »

It looks like Dwarves can tunnel under the sea! What is water to those who are used to breach into the magma sea?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:16:48 am by thvaz »

The W axis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2014, 09:54:39 am »

That's a vulture flying 3z up, prone. I guess that makes sense in a Mitch Hedberg "dogs are forever in the push-up position" way.
I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2014, 10:19:23 am »

-snip-
That's a vulture flying 3z up, prone. I guess that makes sense in a Mitch Hedberg "dogs are forever in the push-up position" way.

I tried flying around with a raven in the arena. Flying exerts birds quickly, so when they tire, they 'fall over' -> go prone. But the flying tag remains. Well, until they try to change their pace, when they plummet down.
I think I should add this to the bug tracker.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:01 am »

-snip-

I tried flying around with a raven in the arena. Flying exerts birds quickly, so when they tire, they 'fall over' -> go prone. But the flying tag remains. Well, until they try to change their pace, when they plummet down.
So that's why bird tend to fall down all the time.
._.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2014, 10:26:41 am »

-snip-

So that's why bird tend to fall down all the time.

Actually, it's not changing the pace, I still have to check it. If set to say, fast crawl, birds in the arena still fly (when controlled). I guess they fly until unconscious, but I still need to check.

EDIT: Well, the birds in the arena seem to be content hovering in one place. I'm going to check a save file and see if I can find anything.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:33:02 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2014, 12:05:36 pm »

First summer of the first year of my first DF2014 fortress.

Fortunately, over half my embark party was soldiers. Unfortunately, I didn't bring any weapons or armour on embark.

EDIT:  :o Four trained, disciplined soldiers (only half equipped, though) against two zombies. All the soldiers' heads explode in gore. I draft the remaining three dwarves after quickly forging some more equipment and send them against these terrifying foes.

I honestly don't blame that last recruit for turning and running in terror after that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:32:41 pm by ShadowHammer »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12