Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 438853 times)

Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 02:39:30 pm »

Is there a utility just for having the game log up on another monitor or in a window outside of the game so you can always see it without using the announcement window? Can't just open it in notepad, because it won't show changes made to it real-time.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »

I heard there is an option to unretire retired adventurers, but I don't see a way to do it. I've searched on the internet and found nothing.
So how do i unretire retired adventurers?

The same way you make a normal adventurer, except when choosing your race/starting civ, you should see something along the lines of "Urist McAdventurer from Town."

Is there a utility just for having the game log up on another monitor or in a window outside of the game so you can always see it without using the announcement window? Can't just open it in notepad, because it won't show changes made to it real-time.

According to this source, using Notepad++, there's an option to keep updating the file when it changes.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 03:06:54 pm »

I heard there is an option to unretire retired adventurers, but I don't see a way to do it. I've searched on the internet and found nothing.
So how do i unretire retired adventurers?

The same way you make a normal adventurer, except when choosing your race/starting civ, you should see something along the lines of "Urist McAdventurer from Town."

According to this source, using Notepad++, there's an option to keep updating the file when it changes.

Oh sweet. I already use NP++.

It only seems to update when I focus on the window, though, so I can't have them side by side without clicking between the game and the notepad window.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:13:38 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Dantez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 03:12:06 pm »

Sorry for being a filthy elf, but is there any estimation on when Dwarf Therapist will be updated for this version? I got used to it thanks to the Lazy Newb Pack, and now it is very hard for me to adjust to the native system.

Also, my first dwarves landed right next to three crocodiles and a sponge. Damn.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 03:21:18 pm »

Sorry for being a filthy elf, but is there any estimation on when Dwarf Therapist will be updated for this version? I got used to it thanks to the Lazy Newb Pack, and now it is very hard for me to adjust to the native system.

Also, my first dwarves landed right next to three crocodiles and a sponge. Damn.

Not the place to ask, go look in the utilities thread. From what I see, there's a version updated to 0.40.01, but not anything newer.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 04:02:33 pm »

Did they fix the flying creature bug in .03?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2014, 04:37:31 pm »

So, I reclaimed a site. And I just got an ambush. Except there is only one people in that ambush, a dwarf, a baroness, which is 'Hostile', yet does not attack anybody (and when my military dwarf is next to it, he doesn't attack her either).
I'm guessing (guessing, so not sure), that it's a former dwarf of the fort that stayed here, and that since I'm not of the same civ, she's hostile. Should I kill her (I'm tending towards yes, because she's a noble) or let her here ? Is there a risk of an invasion if I attack another civ ?

She's a vampire.  Kill her.  Or maybe she's a necromancer?  Failing that, she might be an elf in disguise?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 08:00:23 pm »

Did they fix the flying creature bug in .03?
Toady has been catching crashes. Now he is busy with optimisation.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 08:29:35 pm »

the new randomly generated metals, are they adventurer mode exclusive or will we see them in dwarf mode occasionally?

secondly, are their stats (shear fracture, density, etc) fixed or randomized per game?
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 08:32:26 pm »

the new randomly generated metals, are they adventurer mode exclusive or will we see them in dwarf mode occasionally?

secondly, are their stats (shear fracture, density, etc) fixed or randomized per game?

The only way I can see them making it into fortress is if you settle on a site that has it OR a kobal steals one and tries to steal/attack from you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:35:36 pm by locustgate »

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 08:35:37 pm »

Can we make cacao from cacao trees?

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 09:02:53 pm »

Can we make cacao from cacao trees?

not yet.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

CourierSix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2014, 03:22:20 am »

How do you end a war? I pissed off the humans and they're at war with me. How do i end it?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2014, 05:09:38 am »

How do you end a war? I pissed off the humans and they're at war with me. How do i end it?

You die or you kill every last one of them.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2014, 06:10:26 am »

"tail -f" will do this in linux; there's probably a windows "tail" utility with a similar function.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 268