Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 439966 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2355 on: December 25, 2015, 11:06:38 pm »

Nope.

I haven't actually seen this, but I know that inventory is all dropped upon transformation, stuckins are inventory, and the whole problem of body part isomorphism is still unsolved and the main reason for inventory drops, so I'm very confident the bolt will drop to the ground upon transformation.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 26, 2015, 12:23:28 am »

Nope.

I haven't actually seen this, but I know that inventory is all dropped upon transformation, stuckins are inventory, and the whole problem of body part isomorphism is still unsolved and the main reason for inventory drops, so I'm very confident the bolt will drop to the ground upon transformation.
Held weapons don't usually drop, at least in adventure mode.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: December 27, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »

What's the latest workaround for a nemesis load failure? I remember fixing it with gm-editor, but it's been so long that the data structures have become opaque to me again.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 27, 2015, 01:01:13 pm »

What's the latest workaround for a nemesis load failure? I remember fixing it with gm-editor, but it's been so long that the data structures have become opaque to me again.
See 1371, ""Nemesis Unit Load Failed" (from elves?)". Your save may be helpful to upload if it comes from pure 0.42.X.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 27, 2015, 01:46:12 pm »

See 1371, ""Nemesis Unit Load Failed" (from elves?)". Your save may be helpful to upload if it comes from pure 0.42.X.
Hm, is there another work around? I get it when loading one particular unit, whether I approach it from the local map or it approaches me. It's very mobile, so when I find a stable tile to travel to, there's always the chance it'll enter and crash me unexpectedly.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: December 27, 2015, 04:16:16 pm »

Can ammo (most importantly, siege ammo) that flies through 1-tile-wide corridor try to fly to sides and be stopped by the walls next to it or will it always fly straight or can it only spread from shooting position, so once it is in this corridor it will always fly straigt, even after corridor ends?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: December 27, 2015, 04:44:57 pm »

Can ammo (most importantly, siege ammo) that flies through 1-tile-wide corridor try to fly to sides and be stopped by the walls next to it or will it always fly straight or can it only spread from shooting position, so once it is in this corridor it will always fly straigt, even after corridor ends?

They can and will fly into the walls. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 27, 2015, 04:49:44 pm »

They can and will fly into the walls. ;w;
OK, thanks. I will try than to channel it so I can later reclaim such loose ammo.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: December 27, 2015, 07:49:00 pm »

Anyone notice that the Exported Wealth figure in the z-screen is bugged?  Mine still says NONE even though I've sold stuff to a bunch of caravans.  This was a 42.04 start.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2364 on: December 27, 2015, 10:16:11 pm »

Were those items natively produced?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: December 27, 2015, 10:59:34 pm »

Yes.  I know how export value works.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 28, 2015, 02:00:55 am »

I seem to be having a problem with hauling labors. I have done a text search for "hauling job" on bug tracker, didn't come up with anything recent(that I saw.) My dwarfs should have a ton of hauling jobs to do--clothes dropped on floor, beds from carpentry, items from beaten siege... There seriously has to be over 50 individual hauling jobs to do, not counting rough gems and stone as my miners dig. But my (j)ob list only has 15 listed. Shouldn't it be filled with jobs? I have 2 dwarfs currently idle.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 28, 2015, 03:40:16 am »

Is there any way to read about dance/musical forms, etc. from the Legends mode? In previous versions there was an "Art" section in the legends but it's absent in my new 0.42.03 world.

The "Art" section seems to consist entirely of whichever engravings/decorated objects/statues the player has personally examined, so if you haven't seem art in person, it won't show up.  I've examined the descriptions of songs/music styles without them later showing up there.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 28, 2015, 08:48:25 am »

But my (j)ob list only has 15 listed. Shouldn't it be filled with jobs? I have 2 dwarfs currently idle.

I don't see the problem.  You've got 15 dwarves hauling, and almost no idlers.  Sounds like it's working.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: December 28, 2015, 09:31:40 am »

But my (j)ob list only has 15 listed. Shouldn't it be filled with jobs? I have 2 dwarfs currently idle.
I don't see the problem.  You've got 15 dwarves hauling, and almost no idlers.  Sounds like it's working.

Well, for one even those idling should be hauling. Secondly, does hauling not operate like construction? Construction creates all the individual jobs (like 20 Construct Floor jobs for a 5x4 section) and some will be 'Inactive' until dwarfs are doing it. Does hauling not create jobs?
Thirdly, this condition isn't new, it isn't just this moment in time. I have had many jobs which *could* be done yet have 15+ idlers. It isn't an issue of stockpile links, they are set to take from anywhere. And in one stockpile in particular(furniture--beds-->exceptional+) it has had items taken to it before.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 268