Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1847306 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #495 on: September 24, 2014, 03:48:37 am »

We love you Toady!  Don't give up!  Make sure to reemerge to breathe every so often!  Here I'll help.

Does anyone know how to email a snorkel?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TsiOriol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Survival game [In working]
« Reply #496 on: September 24, 2014, 11:44:55 am »

We love you Toady!  Don't give up!  Make sure to reemerge to breathe every so often!  Here I'll help.

We may need to dwarf up a reverse 3-d printer.
Mongols: Hey guys, we are here now. We will just be over here doing our thing, and you can do whatever you all like.

Russian City-States: f you mongols

Uronym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2014, 12:50:31 pm »

You're both being ridiculous. Toady is amphibious, he doesn't need to come up for air!
What I think we're saying is we need dwarves to riot and break things more often.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 24, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »

You're both being ridiculous. Toady is amphibious, he doesn't need to come up for air!

Nope, adult toads don't have gills, only tadpoles; once the tadpole matures into a toad, it loses the ability to breathe water in exchange for breathing air.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 24, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »

Nope, adult toads don't have gills, only tadpoles; once the tadpole matures into a toad, it loses the ability to breathe water in exchange for breathing air.

Some adult toads and frogs hibernate underwater, slowing their metabolism, and breathing through their skin.
Toady will be ok for the next few months.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 24, 2014, 03:35:47 pm »

Some adult toads and frogs hibernate underwater, slowing their metabolism, and breathing through their skin.
Toady will be ok for the next few months.

But hibernation means they're barely doing anything. A coding spree hopefully means the opposite.

(Don't forget to take breaks, Toady!)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 24, 2014, 07:53:57 pm »

(emerging for update) still working on it... lots of lists... things to type... (submerging)

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 25, 2014, 06:44:53 am »

Hey toady, not to nag but:

Do you think you could prioritize fixing the bug where pulped body parts still function? I think this is a terrible bug which ruins all forms of combat in the game.

Piggybacking on this question:

With pulping, it seems like there are lots of injuries that are not easily sorted with a splint and some stitches - are there any plans to incorporate amputation of mangled limbs? Thanks for the great work!
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 26, 2014, 12:43:38 pm »

How do you envision conversation?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 26, 2014, 01:34:29 pm »

Do you mean dwarves having conversations in Fortress Mode?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 26, 2014, 01:49:02 pm »

Do you mean dwarves having conversations in Fortress Mode?

and adventure. I'm wondering if it's going to be a thorough, heavily moddable system tied up with the thought rewrite, written more or less in character, or it's going to be abstract (The vampire makes a jokes referencing events 300 years ago. It is scintillating) like books. Or even if he'll use a chatbot. (Please use a chatbot)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:06:49 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 26, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »

and adventure. I'm wondering if it's going to be a thorough, heavily moddable system tied up with the thought rewrite, written more or less in character, or it's going to be abstract (The vampire makes a jokes referencing events 300 years ago. It is scintillating) like books. Or even if he'll use a chatbot.
I bet on prewritten sentences indicating emotions, like now in adventure mode (and rarely combat reports in fort mode). But I would be fine with abstract.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #507 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:35 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Now with 119 emotions!

It's like one of those Minecraft taglines.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 26, 2014, 05:36:10 pm »

Stress/stability is a much better meter, considering what happens when dwarves get to low happiness in the current versions.

and oh my god 119 eleme-- er, emotions. Emotion elements. The periodic table of dwarfy emotions! With "types"... yes, I can see a periodic table of the elements equivalent here.

is this going to blow up into another session of feature creep though

and what's the version number gonna be like, I wonder

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2014, 08:16:14 pm »

What are the 119 emotions?

The 6 emotions present in dwarf mode were horror, terror, fear, shock, grief, and rage.  What were the remaining 10?

How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 306