Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 306

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1847267 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3240 on: January 07, 2016, 03:11:09 pm »

That'd be pretty amusing, actually. Dwarf jokes are already something that'd be pretty amusing to think of, but myself I'd especially like to see bad goblin comedians, and goblin jokes in general. "Why did the chicken cross the road? Who cares, halfway across the road, it fell over and choked and died. Haha."
"Why did the fluffy wambler cross the road? It was inevitable. Haha."
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 07, 2016, 03:27:22 pm »

That'd be pretty amusing, actually. Dwarf jokes are already something that'd be pretty amusing to think of, but myself I'd especially like to see bad goblin comedians, and goblin jokes in general. "Why did the chicken cross the road? Who cares, halfway across the road, it fell over and choked and died. Haha."
"Why did the fluffy wambler cross the road? It was inevitable. Haha."
"...and then it was decreed that the punchline of every joke told by every dwarf will be 'sock.'"
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 07, 2016, 03:32:05 pm »

"...And why the elf cross the road? To hug a tree"
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Silverybearded

• Bay Watcher
  • Midor Belnekol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 07, 2016, 05:53:02 pm »

"Now kids, I will tell you about the different professions:
A carpenter makes fine beds to rest your heads;
An armor smith makes fine armor to protect our soldiers in battle;
A brewer makes fine beer for the neverending feasts;
and a cheesemaker makes fine swiss when stood between us and the enemy's archers."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 05:57:07 pm by Silverybearded »
Engraved is a superior rendition of an image of Arkoth, the local deity of balance and speech, and two elves. Arkoth is burning the two elves. Arkoth is laughing. The two elves are suffering. The image was commissioned by the Round Guild, a local dwarven government.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 07, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »

This conversation seems to be veering in the direction of the Suggestions forum.

It always does but that is the nature of things.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 08, 2016, 03:05:57 pm »

This conversation seems to be veering in the direction of the Suggestions forum.

It always does but that is the nature of things.
You could almost say it was inevitable.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: January 08, 2016, 05:50:05 pm »

Ok double question

Is the lack of a Magic Sphere a conscious choice?

At this point I can't imagine it not being done unintentionally.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 08, 2016, 06:05:56 pm »

Oy, that took me a while (about a minute) to figure out.

Spheres aren't title-caps; there's a fortresses sphere, not a Fortresses Sphere.

To avoid ambiguity, I usually use all-caps for the name of the sphere; the SKY sphere, for example.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: January 08, 2016, 07:02:46 pm »

I would've said religious sphere for the sake of full disambiguation. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

CharonM72

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Laughingdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: January 08, 2016, 11:55:49 pm »

Please forgive me for my insolence as I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I wasn't able to find the answer.
Will adventure mode ever allow for persistent constructions and modification of terrain, and other fortress mode things like crafting furniture, using workshops, etc.? Kind of like the advfort mod, but officially supported and therefore without the limitations.
Ever wanted to see your DF world Google Earth-style? Check out my Satellite Map Maker!

He he, yeah, I was like, "how are we going to be sure the leader will die in the trap?"  And then I saw the 10 adamantine weapons in the trap.  Then I was like, "but what if they live through the fall if they dodge?"  Then I saw the giant magma pool.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: January 09, 2016, 01:17:04 am »

Technically advfort isn't a mod, it just inserts the relevant jobs with the references to the tools/workshops/materials and the game pulls it together once it's given a location and a timer. I think the bigger problem is how to handle the difference between sites with persistent changes and those without/spaces in between.

Actually: Are you still hoping to be able to get the between-site/roadside taverns and/or inns working for a 42.xx bump, a la the big 40.14 world activation or 40.19 stress/emotion changes update? I recall there being difficulties getting them in while the rest was ready to push out but can't find if there was more stated about what your plans there were.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: January 09, 2016, 01:04:29 pm »

Please forgive me for my insolence as I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I wasn't able to find the answer.
Will adventure mode ever allow for persistent constructions and modification of terrain, and other fortress mode things like crafting furniture, using workshops, etc.? Kind of like the advfort mod, but officially supported and therefore without the limitations.

Yes, at some point. It's in the plans somewhere and I'm pretty sure it was discussed on DF talk.
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: January 09, 2016, 08:24:56 pm »

Yes, at some point. It's in the plans somewhere and I'm pretty sure it was discussed on DF talk.

The best that I could find:

Spoiler: DF Talk 9 Extra Hour (click to show/hide)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: January 09, 2016, 09:09:35 pm »

If I make a goblin adventurer and retire it at a goblin site, can it show up in a siege?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: January 10, 2016, 03:51:27 am »

If I make a goblin adventurer and retire it at a goblin site, can it show up in a siege?
Adventurer goblins aren't from goblin civs. You almost certainly don't have the option to retire at a dark pits, just as you can't retire dwarf, human or elf adventurers there.

Unless you're using mods to make goblin civs playable, in which case you probably want the mods forum.

--better question would be, can human or elf civ adventurers turn up in sieges? That would be Fun. Populate the nearby forest retreat with elephant man demi-gods then start a fortress mass-producing wood crafts for elf merchants.

edit-- Hmm. Seems like my current adventurer actually can retire in a goblin dark pits. Wonder what happens to them if you do that...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:25:34 am by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 306