Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 36735 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

I very much like the idea of the "store" workshops. Also, I have an idea for a race, but first I'll update my critters in the fantasy fork.

Trees will take some experimenting.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

I'm trying to make a new civ, and I have all the files in place, but the civ doesn't appear in legends. Can you guys help?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Did it die?
Like, in one second?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

Try posting the civ. There are a few things that come to mind, such as low/missing starting site types/population, starting biomes, and improper file structure.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Just uploaded some grasses, now i'm trying to figure out how to edit the changelog (i uploaded it again instead of editing :S)

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com

EDIT: figured out the problem
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:00:09 pm by snackfox »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

It may be because most of those things dont exist, including probably the areas...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might sound stupid, but can someone tell me how to edit the changelog  :-\

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might sound stupid, but can someone tell me how to edit the changelog  :-\

Well, there are a few ways instead of just re-uploading it. One way if you use a chrome browser, (the easiest in my personal opinion) is to use that chrome extension in the first post. Just install it and make it the default for opening text files in Drive. I think it does that automatically but if it doesn't, right click the file.

Another way is installing Drive to your computer and making a local edit to the file in the Drive folder. The edit should sync with the main project with little fuss.

EDIT:

But also I guess you could just download it, edit it, and drag and drop it back right on to the Drive folder in your browser. :p Yeah, that sound like a lot more simpler solution then all that tl:dr

Trust me, it's a far from perfect system, but we seem to at least be making some progress :)   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:17:26 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And we can still use Dropbox in the worst case scenario of something happening on Drive.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used the extension you mentioned, and it finally worked :D. It's updated now. (and yes, I used the dd/mm/yy notation , cuz fuck the system)

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted YY/MM/DD because basic logic, but then decided, eh, let's go with what they wrote.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added a tree; sadly, I couldn't test it.
Can someone do that for me?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

You can test trees in arena mode now.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18