Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117200 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2014, 04:28:53 pm »

"Haphan, are you sure this is the way you traveled? Are you positive we'll find the place you spoke of?"
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2014, 04:59:34 pm »

Tuktu will focus on protecting infants and children from the predatory birds until we get out of this area.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »

"I'm positive that this is a way I has travelled and, if not for feasts, we would have already arrived to the river. But I start to fear that the place I spoke of may not be the same as in the past..."

I scout ahead, trying to find what exactly happened and what is the source of human activity we're facing.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nunzillor

« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2014, 06:16:32 pm »

Chantututututu will do charmingly amusing performances until a woman of the tribe becomes the first of his soon-to-be-large harem.

blazing glory

« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2014, 06:31:03 pm »

"I'm positive that this is a way I has travelled and, if not for feasts, we would have already arrived to the river. But I start to fear that the place I spoke of may not be the same as in the past..."

I scout ahead, trying to find what exactly happened and what is the source of human activity we're facing.

Go with Haphan,both ensuring that he doesn't get any more delusions and to assist him if he gets into trouble.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2014, 06:59:03 pm »

Propose a new series of raids to get more supplies, get rid of even more competition, and females to breed with or sacrifice (with any males) to the great water spirits to ensure that fish continue to come
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:01:17 pm by poketwo »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2014, 07:08:48 pm »

Prepare tribe for contact with others, hostile or friendly, as we continue towards the river.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2014, 07:22:34 pm »

finally he invented the wheel
set off we can catch up easily now
clangbunk this is genius no longer shall the tribe find you useless we can catch up easily now and shorten the journey of the rest of the tribe massivly
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2014, 07:39:54 pm »

clangbunk this is genius no longer shall the tribe find you useless we can catch up easily now and shorten the journey of the rest of the tribe massivly
"I would say this is an effective first test on a larger scale than playthings!" *happy whistle*

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2014, 07:41:20 pm »

"I would say this is an effective first test on a larger scale than playthings!" *happy whistle*

indeed let us be off we can keep the pots after all
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »

Tuktu will focus on protecting infants and children from the predatory birds until we get out of this area.
Elto assists in protecting the children.

Elto also tries to help Conrak manage his drinking.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:44:15 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2014, 08:27:32 pm »

Conrak is quite enamored with the impressive talons of the child-eating birds (though he has sense enough to hold such opinions to himself when BickBuck's mother is near.) Conrak talks some of the hunters into giving him a share of the larger, sharper talons, and attempts to make a spear using them.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »

"Yes, you can take some talons, though Elto has first pick. Though it appears sharp obsidian or flint will make a better spear, talons might work."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:27:10 pm by Alev »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2014, 12:33:37 am »

"HA HA! I GOT YOU! THIS WHY YOU DON'T MESS WITH PLOK!"

CLIMB OUT OF HOLE, INSPECT RIVALS

"..VUKKO? ...VUKKO? YOU ALRIGHT?

"IRK?!"

REALISE WHAT I JUST DID

FREAK OUT ABOUT COMMITTING DOUBLE MURDER
ONCE CALMED DOWN, PUSH BODIES INTO PIT, COVER WITH SOME BRANCHES AND THINGS AND HURRY HOME

REALISE THE FRAGILITY AND BREVITY OF LIFE
PROMISE MYSELF TO LEAVE SUCH A VIOLENT, DANGEROUS EXISTENCE BEHIND AND SETTLE DOWN WITH NUUTA
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 24, 2014, 03:25:20 am »

Ask if the others are willing to search any further. If so, search a little bit more, then return to the tribe. If not, go back to tribe immediately

[6] They declare that this is no time for half-measures, and move out to search! Out along the badlands you move, and it does not take you long at all until you find Tuypogina and Clangbunk, moving out toward the location of the tribe in their wagon - they've gotten quite far, to be frank.

Look for tracks leading from the abandoned camp. Continue all my hunting and birdslaying.

[5] You realize that the tracks lead into a set of distant woods, and deep within them at that.

[6] And with the discovery of the woods, your hunting takes a large upswing as well, yields increasing quite significantly - the tribe chooses to camp out for a few days as you hunt to replenish the supplies of meat, and the women follow you into the woods to gather herbs and berries - the tribe is dangerously close to beginning to settle down, but at the urging of Arlia, Haphan and others, you move along once more.

((So we're two months behind everyone else?))
Onward!

[4] You move along at a respectable pace, reaching the river rather quickly.

[3] The crossing, however, takes you quite a lot of time and effort, as your cart is very heavy, and you need to modify the raft over a period of some hours as you do so.

[5] After that, though, come the travels through the badlands, which aren't really that bad, all things (such as your lack of a clear idea where you're supposed to be going) considered, since you do run into the search party organized by Nth on the last quarter of your journey.

Try to see if I can treat the people who are alcohol-sick. Find whoever threw the feast and scold them for wasting supplies.

[5] You quickly conclude that it is probably best for them to tough it out, since the symptoms, while painful, do not seem dangerous at all, and it seems that giving them water to drink helps a little bit - some of them begin to claim that they need to drink a little more to alleviate their ails, but you quickly slap this notion right out of their addled heads. You also chew out Meshok, who you haven't seen in a mess of years, for showing up only to begin massively wasting valuable resources.

[3] The larger birds seem less common around the plains, being a more characteristic resident of the badlands, but nevertheless you guard the infants and children, for who knows what may happen to them unsupervised? The children are vaguely menaced by your looks, but their parents recognize that you are providing a valuable service and insist that you keep doing so.

[1] You head off forward at a quick pace, and after about two weeks of forward scouting, find no river at all, and little sign of the land of milk and honey you foretold of. You could have sworn it was here! What's gone wrong? As you return to the fold, you wonder how to break the news to them.

Chantututututu will do charmingly amusing performances until a woman of the tribe becomes the first of his soon-to-be-large harem.

[4] Your charmingly amusing performances, for that is what you call what you do, do net you the outright fancy of a gatherer woman by the name of Lanku. She is a fisherman's daughter, and greatly enjoys the jokes she tells, as you have plentiful opportunity to find out.

Go with Haphan,both ensuring that he doesn't get any more delusions and to assist him if he gets into trouble.

You are distinctly alarmed by the way the land of milk and honey does not, in fact, seem to be ahead.

Propose a new series of raids to get more supplies, get rid of even more competition, and females to breed with or sacrifice (with any males) to the great water spirits to ensure that fish continue to come

[5] The others find this a grand idea, and a war party is quickly assembled - it is up to you if you wish to send them north or south. Sending them east is not really a sensible option due to the desert conditions in that area, which correspond to a decreased chance of tribes actually living there.

Prepare tribe for contact with others, hostile or friendly, as we continue towards the river.

[4] You explain to the tribe that you may soon encounter other people - and though you admit that so far the standard policy in relation to foreign tribesmen has been hostility and marginalization, it must be kept in mind that the tribes you may encounter were there first, and that the spirits dictate the rules of engagement be different in such an event.

Not that such an explanation is really needed, considering the plains just seem to go on and on forever, as you find out in the next two weeks.

You move out, and eventually find the search party of Nth, who do not seem to have been looking for you, but rather for a hunter, a warrior and a scout, none of which you have seen neither hide nor hair of.

Elto assists in protecting the children.

Elto also tries to help Conrak manage his drinking.

[1] You relieve Tuktu of duty for a while so that he may get some sleep, only for one of the children to be carried off mysteriously under your watch. You are not sure how could it have happened, but one thing is certain - the mother and father blame you personally after subsequent searching fails to turn up any evidence of the child.

[2] Furthermore, Conrak insists that he does not have a problem, and resents you for thinking otherwise.

Conrak is quite enamored with the impressive talons of the child-eating birds (though he has sense enough to hold such opinions to himself when BickBuck's mother is near.) Conrak talks some of the hunters into giving him a share of the larger, sharper talons, and attempts to make a spear using them.

[1] The hunters are amused by your persistent drunkenness, as are you. You talk to them, laugh with them, drink a little more, and wonder what it is you were going to do for over a week, and the next week you decide that it does not matter.

"HA HA! I GOT YOU! THIS WHY YOU DON'T MESS WITH PLOK!"

CLIMB OUT OF HOLE, INSPECT RIVALS

"..VUKKO? ...VUKKO? YOU ALRIGHT?

"IRK?!"

REALISE WHAT I JUST DID

FREAK OUT ABOUT COMMITTING DOUBLE MURDER
ONCE CALMED DOWN, PUSH BODIES INTO PIT, COVER WITH SOME BRANCHES AND THINGS AND HURRY HOME

REALISE THE FRAGILITY AND BREVITY OF LIFE
PROMISE MYSELF TO LEAVE SUCH A VIOLENT, DANGEROUS EXISTENCE BEHIND AND SETTLE DOWN WITH NUUTA

[6] After briefly reflecting on your hasty decision to kill your two adversaries, who, while unpleasant, really had not done much that was truly worthy of death, you decide that you need to hide them, and place their bodies into the pit, which you then cover up with a lot of dirt, then some branches and leaves, leaving no indication that a pit was ever truly there.

[3] You return to the site of your home, only to find that everyone has left eastward. Only you remain, almost overcome by thirst. You wonder what to do now. Rejoin your tribe? Find water? Isolate yourself here?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 77