Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116928 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #480 on: July 26, 2014, 11:49:03 am »

"It is good for you to discover what you can about the others here Haphan. The tribe cannot move again, regardless of what we must do to hold this land.

To the alcohol, I do not believe we should be so harsh. A little celebration is not a bad thing. However, let us convince the tribe to reserve alcohol for special times, but yo drink it every day.

Great thinker, you had ideas about forcing plants to grow. Can you pursue that here?"

Convince tribe alcohol is meant for special occasions, not everyday drinking.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 26, 2014, 11:52:13 am »

"I see that I am lost, lost as the others I tried to find. I guess I must wander alone now, for I have commited self exile."
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 26, 2014, 12:48:15 pm »

"It is good for you to discover what you can about the others here Haphan. The tribe cannot move again, regardless of what we must do to hold this land.

To the alcohol, I do not believe we should be so harsh. A little celebration is not a bad thing. However, let us convince the tribe to reserve alcohol for special times, but yo drink it every day.

Great thinker, you had ideas about forcing plants to grow. Can you pursue that here?"

"Indeed I can shaman. I am currently setting up streams of water necessary for the system. It may take some time to be fully established but some results should come in within the first few weeks."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2014, 02:58:11 pm »

Fuck yes salvation
Give up on a romantic relationship with the reaper try to learn the reapers way of speaking and teach him ours

[5] Shockingly, you do actually manage to instill him with a rudimentary understanding of your language, and learn a bit of his language as well.

"The sea... by the spirits, it has been so long."

Teach the younger fishermen of the sea.

In my time of recovery, reflect on those we have lost, including my children from so long ago.

[2] You have little to tell the younger fisherman of the sea. You explain that it is like a much larger lake that you cannot drink from and that is much more dangerous generally - they do not seem to know what a lake is, either.

[1] As your condition progressively worsens, and death draws closer, you think of all those you have lost, which are a great many people indeed, and wonder if there is not something you could have done differently to prevent the tragedy that has followed you throughout your existence. You suppose not, but you still wonder and regret to yourself.

Fuck yes salvation
Give up on a romantic relationship with the reaper try to learn the reapers way of speaking and teach him ours
Do same,I do need explain people what do now because now that give some look that don't like

You gain rudimentary skills at the use of the tribe's language. This is a great leap forward, you feel.

Tuktu looks for signs to see if the skulking tribe has followed us.

[3] You believe they may have backed off a tad, as you see little evidence of their presence, though perhaps there are signs you simply have not noticed, being more familiar with how they move in the plains.

"I'm glad that this is finally over and praise Hatika - he remained optimistic and adamant despite my close call to crumbling. Indeed, this is not the land I spoke of - it remained to the north of us, the flow of the river making it impossible to reach from our position. But, enough of this. I' Haphan, the proud scout of the tribe, will make sure to discover the painted natives and their plans on us!

Investigate the origins of strange child-stealing natives.

[1] Intrigued by the origins of the skulking tribe, you seek the place that they come from, only to discover a party of them some distance away from the tribe's new place of residence - the trouble is, they notice you as well, and shoot many arrows at you.

[3] You are quite terribly wounded by their attack, though not enough to be dead for sure.

[5] Immediately, though, the party of tribesmen decide that perhaps you may serve some use yet, and elect to capture your bleeding body - after wrapping you in leaves and cords, they take you away, carrying you into the plains. You feel this could have gone much better.

Gather some water and try to make a tent.

[6] You gather as much water as you can - there is a theoretically infinite amount of it, after all, given that you are at a river delta.

[4] And as the discoverer of this wondrous land, you also allow yourself the honor of building the first tent here - it is not the most impressive tent, but it is the first, and you do not let anyone forget it.

First, look at the berries that I have put in the ground

[4] They remain safely below ground, preserved nicely.

CONTINUE GOING DOWN-RIVER, LIVING OFF THE LAND AS BEST AS I AM ABLE

FASHION FISH-HOOKS OUT OF WOOD OR BONE, STRING THEM FROM THE BACK OF THE RAFT AS IT GOES DOWNSTREAM
TEND TO FISHING LINES EVERY SO OFTEN, OTHERWISE JUST LIE BACK, RELAX, MAKE SURE THE RAFT DOESN'T CRASH INTO ANYTHING, WATCH THE SCENERY AND COMPOSE A GOOD TRIBAL POEM/SONG ABOUT MY CURRENT PREDICAMENT

SING IT TO THE SKY AND THE RIVER LEST THEY FIND ME A BORING GUEST AND TRY TO HARM ME

[1] Your raft, after several days of traveling, strikes a rock of some kind and sinks in the slow river, known well for its treachery by all but you, it seems.

[1] You, unfortunately, sink along with it, and your body lingers in the river for but a short while before the fish strip it of flesh, and chew the bone to dust.

Anyways, hunt and see what the local animals are.

[2] The local animals are plentiful in the first few days of hunting, but then they seem to abruptly disappear, as if your presence has removed them all from the area by some supernatural means - you begin to suspect the intervention of spirits.

"So much waste.... imagine what we could've learned from those people, what we could've gained. I guess it's too late now."

Kutuk tries to save the lives of any wounded tribesmen.

[3] You do your best to keep Elto alive, but you are beginning to lose hope in his recovery - he weakens slowly but surely under your care, and you find it likely that his remaining days number under ten.

Search for tribe area. If not, survive off the land

[3] You survive off the land, but are very cognizant that the way back shall be very long. Especially now that you may have lost the way - you hope that you can find the tribe once more, but before you leave the badlands, you will probably not know. And that may indeed be a long way off.

Recruit some youngsters to help me dig small channels in a grid connected to the river for future farmland.

[5] Fortunately, the youngsters are quite eager to help once you explain the point of this, and begin work on digging small channels along the branching paths of the river. The work will take a long time to do, but this is a decent start.

once I have finished with the language learning and teaching use my feminine wiles to convince more youngsters to help conrak

[5] Once you begin to campaign for people to help Conrak overcome his troubles with drinking, you find that a lot of tribesmen seem willing to help, and together bring the tool crafter out of his downward spiral. First things first, he is isolated from drink, and the tribe solemnly swears to not let him have any more alcohol as long as he lives - you suspect this will help nicely.

Chantututu throws a party!  He passes out alcohol to all members of the tribe and encourages them to dance and rejoice.  They need it.

[6] Under your guidance, everybody except Conrak gets to participate in a special occasion of sorts, where you as a tribe celebrate your actual true salvation - the celebration is grand indeed, and virtually everybody partakes of drink at some point.

But that very morning, the tribe awaken to find two more children missing without a trace. This greatly taints the celebration, naturally. And while Lanku maintains that proper celebration of things is the way of all people, you cannot help but blame yourself a little.

[4] The tribe agrees, and swear off drinking on most days, especially in light of the recent disappearances of children, which overindulgence is blamed for.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 26, 2014, 03:02:19 pm »

:'(

REST IN PEACE, O NOBLE PLOK

ACTUALLY DON'T

>PLOK'S FORLORN SPIRIT, TORMENTED TOO MUCH BY HIS CRIMES TO ACHIEVE TRUE PEACE, JOINS THE WATER-SPIRITS AND REMAINS THERE IN THE LONELY RIVER WHERE HE DIED, HAUNTING IT FOR ALL ETERNITY

AND UH

>RESPAWN. AT RANDOM.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2014, 03:03:40 pm »

"Has the scout gone on another expidition...?"
Food offerings to appease the spirits! Also pick some random herbs and try to heal [Hugo], with his permission.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:18:17 pm by Alev »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 26, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »

((I don't want to die, I didn't get to do nearly enough wise old man things :(
It feels like more than half of us are playing violent young firebrands...))

Make surprising recovery.

If not, pass on as much knowledge as I can before death.

Elto calls a meeting of the elders to discuss his imminent departure and the child-snatching crisis.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 26, 2014, 03:18:55 pm »

Forge my own tribe, and wander the lands, knowing now that the spirits have exiled as punishment for rebelling against the elders and trusting in myself to find those the spirits chose to exile as well.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 26, 2014, 03:20:49 pm »

((I don't want to die, I didn't get to do nearly enough wise old man things :(
It feels like more than half of us are playing violent young firebrands...))

Make surprising recovery.

If not, pass on as much knowledge as I can before death.

Elto calls a meeting of the elders to discuss his imminent departure and the child-snatching crisis.
((Hugo, has anyone tried healing you?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 26, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »

((Only indirectly, as part of a "take care of all sick people" roll. The results wound up focused on me, though.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 26, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »

Tuktu attempts to track the child snatchers. He will slaughter them all and make warpaint from them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 26, 2014, 03:54:18 pm »

Help organize farming efforts.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 26, 2014, 04:00:10 pm »

((Do you mind if I risk your life to try to heal you with random herbs? You'll die anyways.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #493 on: July 26, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

Chantutututu feels guilty, and joins Tuktu in hunting the child snatchers after saying farewell to Lanku.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 26, 2014, 04:11:14 pm »

Have some of them begin burying fruit.
"I suggest we do an in-depth investigation on these rapscallions' location!"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77