Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117283 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #540 on: July 28, 2014, 11:56:09 am »

Buy some bronze arrows in return for some food. Continue work on the boat.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 28, 2014, 12:12:04 pm »

That answer wasn't good enough. Ask why they think they have the right to take the children of my tribe and to harass us.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 28, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »

Also, adress the issue of combat, why are we even killing ourselves? I mean, its obvious our tribe is better than theirs, but there is nothing else.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:16:30 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 30, 2014, 03:32:29 am »

Maybe the earth spirits in this dirt is a different tribe. Look for differences in touch feel smell and image of the dirt and the dirt in My pots.

[1] The dirt does feel hostile to your touching and sniffing, and some kind of creature within it, probably an earth spirit, bites your hand and makes off before you can examine it. The dirt in your pots is not very different, although it does not see fit to bite you.

Take out my spear and be ready for any attacks!

[6] Brandishing your spear and lowering your profile, you prepare for battle. Listening in, you turn toward one of the sources of the noise, then hurl the spear - as it hits something fleshy, you are hit by a sense of satisfaction that only increases when the other noises quickly distance themselves from you. Walking over to retrieve your spear, you find that you've managed to fatally wound one of the painted tribesmen! The bad news are, however, that she's not quite dead yet, and seems to have a knife, one that she feels she must return the favor with to you.

[5] Fortunately, her flailing fails to hurt you to any degree, and she quickly expires after you retreat a short distance. After retrieving your spear from her warm corpse, you ponder what to do next.

Begin works of compromise.
"Greetings, fellow chiefs, today, we shall begin the Deliberations of Fair Conducts. I have heard the complaints you've delivered amongst us, I wish to know, in further detail, these complaints you've henceforth handed this TriTribe Union. Heads, you say you accomplished the most heavy lifting, elaborate"

[2] The Heads explain that the war parties that were sent were overwhelmingly theirs, and they have sustained quite a lot of losses in the enslavement of the Fisher Tribe, thus it is only fair that they get the women and children, as well as the loot, so that they may rebuild, while the Gulls maintain that, as per the agreement of the union, the Heads are supposed to provide most of the union's warriors, and to insist upon a greater share of the loot is to violate the basic agreements put into place when the tribes united, as the Heads were merely fulfilling their duties and have not earned the loot through exceptional heroics, as they were merely doing what they agreed to do. The way the Gulls phrase this displeases the Heads greatly, who have lost many good warriors these past weeks.

Ask them about their ways and customs. And why are they stealing children?!

[5] They explain that the Painted Tribe dwells in the woods and lives off the trees and the animals, and that they watch over all the land from here to the sea since time immemorial (so at least for forty years or so), and that they consider it their duty to turn away all who seek to settle it, such as your tribe. They live quietly and act invisibly, first through frightening off all animals in the area, then, when that doesn't work, extermination. They steal children to save them from death, for there is hope for their lot - the adults, of course, will have to die, slowly or quickly, without exception, for they seem to have trouble taking the hint that they are not welcome here, and the Painted Tribe gives few warnings before pursuing drastic action.

Try to heal. Be a generally nice person. Think about the sense of life and share my knowledge with others.

Also, adress the issue of combat, why are we even killing ourselves? I mean, its obvious our tribe is better than theirs, but there is nothing else.

[6] Surprisingly, you do heal relatively quickly, possibly due to being nice to Kutuk and motivating him through the idea that reincarnation is a lie and that a soul is not a thing that exists, and that each life is thus more valuable and worth saving. There is still no sense in life, of course, as you can tell anyone who asks, but still, you kind of like living anyway. Killing each other, though, is a consequence of thinking that there is sense in life, obviously, or rejecting all sense and simply being mean for the sake of it.

Oh a noodle incident

design and dig out an underground home

Also how has the invention of the wheel affected our tribe

[3] You have very little idea how to build anything even vaguely like an underground home, so you begin to dig a hole in the ground, very much resembling a grave in many ways, which slightly disturbs you when you think about it.

These barbarians look like they would be a nice source of some pillage and plundering. Charge on their homes in the middle of the night.

[2] You commence an attack on the tribe, only for the element of surprise to be completely lost after your guards get tangled up in an immensely complex set of tripwires and set off a massive alarm throughout the village.

[1] You, among others, fail to escape the wrath of the tribesmen and tribeswomen, who easily capture you and your entire caravan through superior numbers if nothing else. They seem to find your goods and weapons very interesting, unlike anything they've seen before, in fact.

GO SOUTH AND REBUILD THE TRIBE. PROMASS TO COME BACK TO THE NORTH AND HAVE REVENGE AGAINST THE TRIBES OF THE NORTH.

[5] You head south and find a suitable spot near the sea where your father once exterminated the longboat tribe - the refugees from your tribe soon find this spot as well, and together you set about reforming the tribe - there are few of you now, but focused breeding will solve that in a few years, you believe. You already make a good head start in the next few months, in fact - there are fifteen survivors in total, and twelve of them happen to be women.

Ask spirits for guidance.

[3] The spirits, as always, tell you nothing you did not know on some level. You believe that it may be time to organize the tribe more centrally, as times grow quite terrible indeed. A whole lot of tribe members are missing, several have been wounded, and some sort of threat lurks out there, seeking to destroy your entire tribe, it seems. But, on a positive note, a foolish war party descended on your village and got easily captured along with a large helping of ornamental goods, strange weapons, and even some odd animals that seemed to do as they were ordered, which you find strange.

REMAIN UNSEEN FOR NOW, AT LEAST WHILE I HAVE PLENTY OF FOOD
BUILD A SMALL SHELTER BENEATH SOME TREES, FROM BRANCHES AND PLANT FIBER, FROM WHICH I CAN CONTINUE TO OBSERVE BOTH THE TRIBE I'VE BEEN WATCHING AND THEIR MORE WELL-ESTABLISHED RIVALS. THAT 'REAPER' FOOL, DOES HE APPEAR TO HAVE GAINED ACCEPTANCE IN THIS TRIBE? THAT WOULD DISPLEASE ME.
DO THEY HAVE MANY WARRIORS IN THIS TRIBE? WEAPONS? ARE THEY WELL FED DESPITE THEIR WEAKNESS?

ALSO WATCH AND STUDY THE OTHER TRIBE HARASSING THEM, WHILST SIMILARLY AVOIDING BEING SEEN BY THEM
LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN OF BOTH GROUPS AND THEIR CONFLICT WITHOUT BEING DETECTED. HONE MY SKILLS AS A WOODSWOMAN

I HAVE THE WISDOM OF MY PAST FOES TO CALL UPON, AFTER ALL, EVADING THE NOTICE OF THESE LESSER TRIBES SHOULD BE WELL WITHIN MY ABILITIES.

[6] You entrench yourself deeply in the woods, completely unknown to all who travel them from your discreet dwelling, and observe further. The tribe appears to have quite a few warriors (or at least quite a few people ready to act as warriors), and a strange tripwire system that a certain tribesman periodically alters, seemingly without telling anyone. Between these two, they easily manage to capture a group of raiders from the lands of bronze, and are now rich in weapons of bronze that the chief of the Axe Tribe had to pay quite dearly to obtain some years ago. In addition, they seem reasonably well fed, although approaching threat of malnourishment due to having no meat.

Speaking of, you observe the painted tribe as well - they move very carefully, and you find it humorous how they keep disturbing the local animals, guiding them away from the area to prevent the tribe from obtaining their meat. It seems they are engaging in sabotage, and watching out for anybody to walk out in the woods alone so that they may isolate and presumably kill them. Or steal them away. You aren't sure.

In addition, after a week or so, when your supplies begin to run a little low, you notice that the burrow you've built for yourself, while discreet, is a bit hard to get out of without making a lot of noise and leaving a very obvious former hiding spot in your wake.

Chantutu follows the escaped warriors' paths to see where they have gone.

[2] You are about to do so, but realize that you never learned how to read tracks, or even know what tracks would belong to the painted tribesmen and what tracks would belong to your own fellow tribesmen.

Buy some bronze arrows in return for some food. Continue work on the boat.

[3] You obtain three bronze arrows for free, since the foreigners were captured after attempting to conduct a raid on your tribe. The hunters split the rest between them, finding the metal interesting.

[2] Meanwhile, you try to continue to work on the boat, but you have no idea how to make the boards fit together in that flowing way. And you also realize that you can't build a boat on your own with how little idea you have what you're doing. Perhaps you could get these foreigners to help out. They probably know how boats work, yes?

That answer wasn't good enough. Ask why they think they have the right to take the children of my tribe and to harass us.

[3] He says they have the right as a consequence of being the guardians of the land that you stand on, which makes them obligated to repel any and all invaders.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 30, 2014, 03:45:30 am »

"You seem set on eliminating my tribe. We shall see who the spirits favor."

Kill them all, except the children and members of my tribe that I see, starting with slashing the chief's neck. The threat to the tribe must be stopped. Draw courage and strength from my warpaint while fighting. Make the corpses of the painted tribe or skulking tribe or whichever this one this is, although it seems like they're the same one, into more warpaint, or maybe mount their heads on spears. Or both.

((It was only a matter of time until this happened.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:59:46 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

blazing glory

« Reply #545 on: July 30, 2014, 03:50:10 am »

Follow them by tracking and stealth.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 30, 2014, 03:50:38 am »

Propose that people of my tribe might be spared if they would join the Painted tribe.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 30, 2014, 06:17:46 am »

Propose that the share of loot must be equal, but the Gulls should send some men to help the Heads, because of their honorable sacrifice. If proposal is accepted, ask the Spears to make sure the Heads and Gulls keep their agreement
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 30, 2014, 06:40:12 am »

Continue the focused Breeding. Remember if we took our boats from the longboat tribe?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 30, 2014, 06:59:16 am »

Sneak out of captivity, steal a horse and head back home to the Northern Land.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 30, 2014, 08:39:46 am »

Uproot a plant to see if the creatures are eating them from underneath.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:11 am »

"Brothers and sisters, or tribe faces many dangers, and the many voices of the council may be slowing us down when quick decisions are necessary. I have heard your desire for a single leader, and suggest now may be the time to make that change. Let the council still be advisors, but let responsibility for the tribes well being fall on one person's shoulders."

Coalesce power into one person, hopefully me.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 30, 2014, 09:02:47 am »

((What'd I miss? I was playing video games, for, like, a week.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 30, 2014, 09:09:11 am »

((Harry is constantly telling me to move the tribe towards one leader. Also, everything is a mess but we made it to a good spot to live.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

blazing glory

« Reply #554 on: July 30, 2014, 09:12:39 am »

((We're also being attacked by another tribe because of us invading or something.))
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77