Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116929 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #600 on: August 01, 2014, 05:04:54 am »

Try to get them drunk and sneak away. Don't fight them. They are weak, as our tribe is strong.

[6] You suggest that these fellows could get drunk rather than kill you. They laugh, and when in the next hour they have no brilliant ideas on how to creatively place your corpse in a conspicuous place, they decide simply to make off with you and kill you later. The next few days are filled with you being dragged, poked and otherwise guided along the plains.

EXCELLENT

QUICKLY CLIMB OUT OF MY HIDEY-HOLE, THEN SET UP SNARE-TRAPS AROUND THE AREA TO CATCH ANYONE COMING

THEN LIE IN WAIT IN NEARBY UNDERBRUSH, READY FAVOURITE AXE TO "SUBDUE" THEM

LERKA SHALL EAT WELL TONIGHT!

That's not what your plan was at all, actually. The first step of it was to destabilize the structure of your hidey-hole so that a few movements could easily disrupt it, which you do. The second step, obviously, was to shriek girlishly to attract attention, perhaps get a hunter to come over. And the third and final step was to wait like an antlion, hoping that someone runs over and collapses into your trap and you can kill them handily.

[6] Fortunately for you, somebody falls for it and lands right on top of you noisily, a large man of some kind from the delta tribe. Struggling under his weight, you try to kill him quickly.

[5] What with you being a well-trained killer, the tribesman is quickly murdered, and you emerge from the hole's ruins coated in his blood. You drag him out and move him to an inconspicuous location, then prepare a grand meal of his remains, especially his brain, though you doubt he was a particularly worthy foe. At any rate, your food supplies have been easily replenished.

Oh fine torture them for information on making bronze

[4] You manage to torture out of them (with their own weapons, no less) the information that bronze is made out of two things that you have no idea what they are in a process you do not quite understand, not least of all because you still do not speak their language.

You ponder this information during the night, but you reach no conclusion, as the people you tortured, in the process of escaping, brutally murder you in a most vengeful fashion.

Gather wood and bring it back to the tent.

[3] You find some branches and such lying about on the forest floor - not many, assuredly, but enough for, say, building a fire and so on, and bring them back to your tent.

Fine then, propose a 60/20/20/ split, 60 for the Heads, 20 for the Gulls and Spears.

((Spears are hunters?))

[6] Though grudgingly, the Gulls agree that this proposition would be equitable, and the Spears, who are renowned craftsmen rather than warriors, are more than happy to attain a resolution. The Heads suppose that this is the best they are going to get, but on the condition that they get all but six women. The other council members, quite tired of bickering, agree to these stipulations, and the negotiations are quickly resolved. You are now free to do what else you happen to normally do within the tribe.

Of course, this period of calm lasts only until the people obtained begin to disappear mysteriously, and strife begins among the three tribes once more, with the Heads blaming the Gulls for the kidnappings.

Use the commotion that raises in the village to weaken my bonds. Then, carefully inspect if my body is up to the task of leaving the camp of an enemy tribe.

[4] Luckily for you, the fire that erupts soon allows you to escape easily in the commotion, no matter your wounds - you escape and are hurt no further, and believe you may be able to get back to your own tribe eventually if you take it slow and don't rush much.

You do wonder what has become of the Painted Tribe - the fire that you left behind turned out intense indeed, and you are fairly certain many did not make it out of the camp at all.

"I cannot continue to live like this" Bronn thinks to himself as he drinks water from a River. "I need some time to rest, and rest somewhere safe.... Maybe I could find a village, or even a caravan... I need more food, and some stronger weapon. My hand axe is not doing justice." But where do I go?
Deciding that it would be wise to reach high ground, Bronn climbs up a large hill. An underbrush and a hole in the ground arouses his curiosity, and he notice some ropes hanging about...

"H-hello...?"

[4] You reach a hill eventually, and find a hole in it - within seems to dwell an old man, decrepit and half-dead. He stares at you, flint blade in hand, his eyes foggy, though not unkind.

Search for another person to lead the tribe

[1] One tribesman suggests that perhaps Chantututu would be a great candidate, and the tribe laughs. Then, on the very next day, another tribesman repeats the joke, and people laugh again. This happens on the next few days as well. On the last day, when somebody proposes the idea and smiles, nobody laughs. Instead, they nod knowingly.

You suspect you do not like the direction this is going. In addition, there is a significant incident - the group of foreigners escaped, and caused quite a bit of damage - fortunately, nobody was hurt except for a few, including Clangbunk's apprentice, and even their guards were not wounded fatally. Clangbunk's apprentice, though, was killed very, very decisively and violently.

Send spies through the north to free our people

[6] Your tribe, since you have no spies, return with a great number of your own people - greater than you suspected, in fact, around seventeen women and thirty children, and they report that the people of the north are three tribes acting as one, though they have sown seeds of dissent between them with their acts.

Struck by inspiration I go into the woods with a shovel to look for animal poop.

[6] You return with a massive amount of feces from the woods, most of it from boars and such, only to find your tent burned down, your apprentice murdered and the tribe in the middle of political uncertainty.

We must rethink our plans. This time, we as a whole group of prisoners will use whatever instruments at our disposal, (sticks, stones, cooking utensils, etc.) to kill our guards and retrieve our weaponry. Then we shall burn down the homes of these wretched folk and slaughter them all.

Make sure to keep an eye out for the bald she-devil. If seen, make it a priority to blundgeon her to death.

[3] As you plan your escape, you realize that there is definitely a way to do all of what you have in mind, though weapon retrieval will prove tricky, given how your weapons have been distributed along the entire tribe. However, after what she did to you all today, one thing is clear - the bald she-devil must die, painfully. You and your group of fellow prisoners agree on this. And then you will escape, and plot the demise of this tribe and the retrieval of the rest of your things outside of the camp.

[6] Your plot on the surface is simple - you set fire to the tent in which you are kept, and then utilize the momentary confusion to kill your guards, take their weaponry and escape - this works perfectly. Your band then makes their way through the camp, setting fire to as many things as possible, and eventually finding the tent of the she-devil - she proves easy to murder thoroughly. As she breathes her last after several minutes of continuous inflicted blunt trauma, all of you feel extremely vindicated, and the wind of your victory carries you out of the camp, past the tripwires and into the plains, where you hide in the wee hours of the night, plotting whether to exact revenge on the rest of the tribe and regain all of your things, or simply to cut your losses and be content with escaping with your life - though you did regain some of your weaponry, you did not get back all of it, and the tribe outnumbers you several times.

"It is not your place to decide. If 200 tribesmen agree, and you disagree, are you automatically right? No. Yes, all of the 200 tribesmen could be wrong, but it is still their choice to make."

Heal anyone who is wounded.

[5] You manage to save the guards of the prisoners, who were wounded quite grievously, treat all of the burns the tribe suffered during the prisoners' escape, help a whole lot of other minor maladies and basically do your job to the best of your ability. Tuypogina, though, is beyond your ability to save, and you feel slightly guilty when you realize the last communication between the two of you was on less than friendly terms, though you are then informed that she spent that day torturing the prisoners for information, which makes you wonder if there were not stronger words that you could have devoted to her that day.

Continue work on the fishing boat.

[5] In spite of the foreigners' escape, your knowledge, ingenuity and the help of your fellow tribesmen proves to be sufficient to craft a fishing boat of marvelous quality, one that even Elto freely compliments as a marvelous vessel, though he is not so sure about the sails as being viable.

Works for me. Besides, killing an infant is probably bad juju.

Sneak away, killing more of the painted tribe if I get the chance. If spotted, and attacked, respond with lethal force. Also, remember where this camp is so I can lead a war band back if I survive.

[6] You find it simple to sneak away under the cover of darkness, setting a fire to both cover your escape and cause as much damage as possible - whoever survives, survives, and now that you know roughly where they are, it should be a simple matter to lead a war party back here to kill all who remain. With this in mind, you escape into the night and out into the plains, knowing that none are likely to follow you after this stunt. As you leave the forest, which has by daybreak transformed into a blazing, smoking torch visible for miles around, you feel a warm sense of accomplishment. The fire spirits have spoken, and spelled the doom of the Painted Tribe. Whoever has died there, died because the fire deemed them guilty and unworthy, and thus you have committed no crimes against the natural order at all.

Chantututu convinces the prisoners that they would be better off joining the tribe.  Show them that we have lots of fun around here and great health benefits.

They are far too busy being tortured, and after that day they are too busy being on the run. In addition, you are currently the top candidate for chief, apparently, which you find mildly surprising and Lanku believes to have been an inevitability.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:08:32 am by Harry Baldman »

blazing glory

« Reply #601 on: August 01, 2014, 05:11:41 am »

Try to make a vessel that could float on the water.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 01, 2014, 05:56:14 am »

Try to bribe them with my unlimited amounts of alcohol, promise I can make more.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 01, 2014, 06:44:56 am »

Search for any evidence which may help us learn who's kidnapping our people
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 01, 2014, 08:03:11 am »

Despite everything, I'm still a scout and I know the layout of the land. Carefully travel back to my tribe.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nunzillor

« Reply #605 on: August 01, 2014, 08:14:07 am »

Finally!  I shall unite us all with the power of dance, and the whole tribe will join Lanku and me in our jokes!  Then the other tribes will too and we will all dance!!!!

Chantututututu consolidates his political power through the best form of campaigning there is: dance campaigning!  For the war hawks, he does a dark but amusing dance of foreigners being struck down.  For everyone else, he does a dance of the tribe thriving at the general expense of those dumb, smelly foreigners.  This place probably really hates foreigners by now, after all.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:01:06 am by Nunzillor »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 01, 2014, 08:42:41 am »

Spread some poop on the ground around my plants to make the earth spirits angry. Then go looking for a new apprentice.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 01, 2014, 09:19:39 am »

respawn as a member of conraks harem gossip with the others
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 01, 2014, 09:27:34 am »

Continue rebuilding. Find out how many of my tribe is still with those northern fools

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 01, 2014, 09:36:00 am »

Gonjabet Uthon shakes his head. "The Southern lands are a barbaric, wretched, and silly place. Let us regroup back home at Moshagadi."

Leave and head home to the land of the Desert to the North.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 01, 2014, 09:40:16 am »

Also tuypogina will spend her afterlife at the forges
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 01, 2014, 09:49:27 am »

"Brothers and sisters, please consider this choice carefully!"

((Could I get some help getting us a leader other than the village idiot? If anyone else is interested they should step forward.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 01, 2014, 09:50:30 am »

EAT MY FILL OF THE MAN'S FLESH, BUT NOT HIS BRAIN
THE BRAIN OF SOMEONE WHO FELL (LITERALLY) INTO SUCH A SIMPLE TRAP IS NOT GOING TO HELP ME MUCH

LEAVE IT AS OFFERING TO LOCAL SPIRITS INSTEAD (BUT DON'T TELL THEM IT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME)

PRESERVE THE LEFTOVERS BY WHATEVER MY USUAL METHOD IS, CLEAN OFF MY WEAPONS, THEN LOOK BACK TO THE DELTA TRIBE. WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THEM?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:17 am »

Remembering an old custom to bow to our elders, I tip my head low. I realize perhaps customs are not a priority now. I come closer, and ask,

"Sir? Are you hurt? Do you need help?"

I realize he might not understand me, so I give him my water skin. Maybe it'll soothe him...
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 01, 2014, 11:50:27 am »

Demonstrate the usage of sails and the making of sailboats to the tribe.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77