Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117296 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #840 on: August 11, 2014, 10:47:04 pm »

((You passed our delta up earlier. How would we have passed you to start a fire?))
((Nevermind this post. I realised that I am a few weeks ahead of you. ))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:11 pm »

Take a small scouting trip with Pallia. Not only that would test her resolve, but it may finally provide the two of us something to talk about!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 12, 2014, 02:06:23 pm »

Respawn!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 12, 2014, 04:02:36 pm »

Do some night raids on the enemy's camp

[5] You go to their camp in the night with a bunch of followers, easily eliminating the person on watch in a fatal fashion, and then soundly go about stealing all of their available weaponry (which includes uncomfortably familiar heads soaked in quicklime) and supplies, and after that's done, you begin stabbing as many of the sleeping warriors as you can in the face.

[3] You get slightly more than a third of them before the rest wake up in short order, and retreat from the camp.

Elto tries giving the strangers a gift, perhaps some of the bird claws he received along the journey.

[2] You brandishing a set of sharp claws at the strangers does not seem to be met with their approval, unfortunately. You begin to suspect they may simply be uncomfortable with you personally.

"What?!" Gonjabet Uthon exclaims into the heavens. "Great Creator of the Universe! I would never dare to defile Goat, rather, it is she who seeks to defile me! Just listen to what she has to see."
"Bwwah. Bwwah." *Munch munch*
"Calm yourself, girl! There is no time for such tomfoolery, we must reach my homeland!"

Begin trek into the Desert. Travel from Dusk to Dawn, rest during the day in shelter away from the sun. Set a point to travel from oasis to oasis, stocking up on food and water while there. Harvest the occasional sweet plants that grow in the desert. Pray regularly.

[1] You recall that you are not exactly the expert on the desert that you'd like to be, being more of a merchant type. The expert was your guide, who is now dead. You dearly miss him when the sun rises, and you see absolutely no oases around, or shelter for that matter. This next day, you feel, may become the longest of your life.

Its been several days since we've stopped at the cairn; I think it's time to head forward once more.

[3] So you do, and the further path proves rather unrewarding and uneventful for the next two months - the old man does not seem to mind, possessing quite the manic streak from the looks of it. You wander forth, eventually coming to the edge of the Great Desert after a long time spent walking. You still do not know the old man's language, you realize, but you do notice that he seems to be stymied slightly by the desert looming ahead - seems like he wants to prepare himself before venturing toward your homeland.

Hmm, it seems they are giving us their boat. How generous of them." Tuktu comments after seeing the sign language.

Motion for the outsiders to go to the other side of the village. They can have some land over there for now. If then become hostile, react with greater hostility.

[5] They obey, fortunately for them, leaving the ship free for the looting, and the tribe looks to you first of all respectfully, awaiting your word on what to do with the boat.

Make some bows, houses, and other crafts. Send two other men to bring some women back, and make sure they have supplies for the voyage. Bring the rest of the colonists to check out the fire quickly, after we have bows or other weapons.

You can just time skip this forward however long it takes for them to come back.

[1] You leave the two unlucky people you choose to figure out by themselves how exactly they're going to paddle a boat made to be paddled by six or more people at once all on their own, and go with the rest to investigate the fire - it does indeed seem to be located on the mountain, and fairly high up at that. You spend the next few hours climbing upward, and the fire, you notice, always seems to be higher still, and the mountain is taller than it looks. Its surface is nearly barren, and somewhat difficult to climb as well, but you manage rather nicely, going upward at a decent pace. The plume of smoke also seems a lot bigger from closer by, in all honesty. What kind of strange person would make such a large fire at the top of a mountain? A crazed hermit? An exiled shaman? Pushed onward by curiosity, you move upward, and eventually reach the top of the mountain, only to find that it seems to have a very strange top - not a tip at all, it suddenly plummets downward from the highest point (well, it's more of a high circle than anything), then slopes upward again, like somebody scooped off the top of it, and then pierced a hole outward from beneath. How odd. And the fire you cannot see - the smoke seems to be coming from the hole in the center. You and your fellow tribesmen wander closer, not having seen anything even remotely this strange your entire lives. Stepping down the outer wall of the crater-like formation, you move toward the center, up the slope next to the edge of the inner hole. All five of you peer into it curiously.

Down there, you see something bubbling, something bright and very, very hot from the looks of it. Your fellows wonder aloud what it might be, and you suppose it's fire. Liquid fire, the likes of which you've never seen. Staring at it a bit longer, the others seem to agree that this is a sensible explanation, and you look transfixed at the bubbling surface for a long moment.

[2] Suddenly the ground quakes violently, and the liquid fire inside the hole stirs quite powerfully. You instinctively back away, but it starts to quake again. You get the feeling this is not a good thing, and your fellows agree.

continue making the camp, and allow some my party to... persuade the women of the enemy tribe to stop throwing rocks at us

Your plans are ruined when the Fisher Tribe manages to kill a full third of your war party and steal all of your weapons in the night, including the lime-soaked heads of their fellow tribesmen!

Heal anyone who is still sick with Yun.

[3] There's only so much healing you can do - there's a few people who need to recuperate from that fever that nearly took you down, and that is as much on them as it is on you. Still, you make progress on increasing the general healthiness of the tribe with Yun's help.

Go to where the one who seems to be in charge is gesturing to. "I pray that he's talking to us.... and that he's not giving the signal for execution..."

[2] You move to what looks like a fairly barren patch of land right outside the village. A contingent of tribesmen watch you as the rest seem to be considering what to do with your boat.

Agree,head back my tribe.

[2] You take the goats and move out, cognizant that you have gotten an amazing deal. Going back to the tribe is going to take a while, however.

ascertain if this new tribe has alcohol

[4] You think you spot the signs of sustained drinking on one of their faces. Maybe they have alcohol on the boat. But Tuktu has not given the word to have at it yet, and Tuktu's word is king on this.

Chantutu gives a thumb up to Clangbunk and Lanku, and two thumbs up to the very energetic shaman.  He then checks out the new boat that the foreigners have given to the tribe and ponders why they have been allowed to live thus far.

[5] A good reason to allow them to live for this long is to determine how they make their tools, so that your tribe can learn the art themselves. Another would be to study their ways, and see if they know of no other good secrets that you could put to use effectively.

Heal anyone who is still sick with Yun.
Go back to the mainland and perform healing rituals to assist in this effort.

[4] The healing rituals make the tribesmen feel better, certainly, though you don't know if they actually help on a physical level, and you do feel very relevant now after these last few weeks of rampant activity and rituals. Everybody seems to respect you a bit more, at any rate.

Take a small scouting trip with Pallia. Not only that would test her resolve, but it may finally provide the two of us something to talk about!

[6] You go on a trip with Pallia, and find that she becomes much more likeable when on the road, with lots of interesting things such as herbs, the movements and peculiarities of the sky, the lay of the land and other things to speak of, as well as much dead wildlife to examine and comment upon, which Pallia likes a lot, and you manage to kindle a sort of love between you two at last while the rest of the tribe and the tedium of the tied-down life aren't around to bore you into unpleasant states of mind. The scouting trip, during which you form a good idea of the size and layout of the massive plains that you had little opportunity to explore previously, turns into a honeymoon of sorts for the two of you quite soon. And so you return slightly over a month later, rather pleased with yourselves. You do discover a few days later that Pallia seems to have gotten pregnant at some point, which is not overly surprising, you suppose, given the exact nature of your trip.

Respawn!

[4] You are now Matikira, the youngest of Conrak's consorts, and quite a respected gatherer of both food and herbs, as well as rather good-looking, all things considered. Conrak doesn't really pay much attention to you anymore, so you have only your three children, Abbik, Hanita and Raffin to keep you company, as well as Jutta, also one of Conrak's consorts and your best friend. Life is fairly good for you right now, and there's little particularly worrying happening lately. You did get the fever, but that passed rather quickly, and the children didn't catch it from you, fortunately enough.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 12, 2014, 04:08:41 pm »

Prepare for a last raid on the invading war party if they do not retreat

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 12, 2014, 04:11:41 pm »

Go off and test my old theories of trapping animals with kindness.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 12, 2014, 04:18:22 pm »

"HE'S LEADING ME BACK HOME!! I CAN'T COME BACK WITHOUT-

Wait... This man may be ill, he needs medical attention!! I guess it's time to help someone out for once."

We continue to my homeland.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 12, 2014, 05:15:06 pm »

Since they are unsettled by me personally, leave negotiations to Tuktu. Make sure I, or at least someone, learns their language.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 12, 2014, 05:45:43 pm »

Send one tribesmen to the foreigners to stay with them and learn their language and any other secrets they might have. Have some tents made for the foreigners while we check out the supplies in the ship.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 12, 2014, 05:50:07 pm »

We will not allow this to stand, Slaughter them
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 12, 2014, 06:52:32 pm »

Run to the shore. Tell the two others not to leave yet. Climb a small tree or a rock to get a view of what is happening.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 12, 2014, 07:59:30 pm »

Try holding storytelling sessions again, now that I am more respected. Encourage caution in youth.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 12, 2014, 08:25:32 pm »

Trek forward, shuffling or crawling if I must. Pray for a miracle.

"If nothing else, Goat must make it! She is the true hero, the champion of us all!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nunzillor

« Reply #853 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:16 pm »

Chantututututu goes over to the foreigners and begins to dance the dance of temporary non-aggression to put them at ease.  He then shows them how to communicate solely through dance and asks them to divulge their secrets.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:38:07 pm by Nunzillor »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 12, 2014, 08:32:22 pm »

Chantututututu goes over to the foreigners and begins to dance the dance of temporary non-aggression to put them at ease.  He then shows them how to communicate solely through dance, and asks them to divulge their secrets.
((Your character has actually become a vital part of the tribe, and managed to communicate a lot non-verbally. How is the tribal idiot one of the most innovative and influential members?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 77