Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 117302 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #855 on: August 12, 2014, 08:44:34 pm »

((The same way that the bloodthirsty warrior is chief.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 12, 2014, 08:50:04 pm »

Experiment on poison! Try to use alcohol!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Nunzillor

« Reply #857 on: August 12, 2014, 08:52:37 pm »

Chantututututu goes over to the foreigners and begins to dance the dance of temporary non-aggression to put them at ease.  He then shows them how to communicate solely through dance, and asks them to divulge their secrets.
((Your character has actually become a vital part of the tribe, and managed to communicate a lot non-verbally. How is the tribal idiot one of the most innovative and influential members?))

((Personally, I blame good dice rolls, and in one particular case (someone rolling for who should be chief) a 1.  I don't actually think that Chantututututu has a lot of influence left after his failed bid at leadership, but I still look forward to seeing how the once-reviled tribal idiot will further affect the tribe and history at large.))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:10:28 pm by Nunzillor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 13, 2014, 05:31:12 pm »

Prepare for a last raid on the invading war party if they do not retreat

[1] You are about to prepare for a raid, but the invaders strike before you are ready, apparently not taking the insult of your night raid well.

[1] You are the first victim of their assault, getting beaten to death by the barehanded war party before they move on to take your weapons.

Go off and test my old theories of trapping animals with kindness.

[5] Over the next few weeks, you set up bait without traps in specifically-prepared spots in the woods, and explain the idea behind it to Lanku, who agrees that the concept seems to be sound - after all, it works on people, as she can personally attest. And it does seem to begin to work - with your bait, you seem to be able to get animals to come closer to the camp - not too close, but fairly close, so close that you can begin to observe them in greater detail - wolves and wild boars seem most responsive to the bait, it should be noted. Grazers do not seem to particularly respond to it, but then again, they literally live in a veritable sea of food all day.

"HE'S LEADING ME BACK HOME!! I CAN'T COME BACK WITHOUT-

Wait... This man may be ill, he needs medical attention!! I guess it's time to help someone out for once."

We continue to my homeland.

[5] You continue onward through the desert, helping the old man find the oases on the way, and within months reach your home city, basking in the splendor of the rising sun after a long time spent walking. As you enter, you feel quite at home, and the old man looks filled with wonder at the sight of the adobe buildings, the busy streets and the general activities of the civilized people going about their business. You are fairly certain that this must be like some sort of divine world to him - he has definitely not seen its like before. You thought he was wowed by the desert, but this is something else entirely.

Since they are unsettled by me personally, leave negotiations to Tuktu. Make sure I, or at least someone, learns their language.

[3] Your recommendations are largely ignored, though the tribe does insist they're trying to learn the language to the best of their ability.

Send one tribesmen to the foreigners to stay with them and learn their language and any other secrets they might have. Have some tents made for the foreigners while we check out the supplies in the ship.

[1] You send one of the hunters to look out for the foreigners, and then check out the ship, only to discover that somebody already seems to have stolen its contents somehow while you weren't looking. All of them, in fact. How this has happened, you have no idea - somebody around here was probably responsible, but it seems like nobody knows anything as usual.

We will not allow this to stand, Slaughter them

[4] Despite not having weapons and being severely outnumbered, you are not immediately killed as you converge on the Fisher Tribe!

[4] Indeed, you feel the battle begin to turn a bit in your favor as you reclaim some weapons and take the fight to the enemy, killing several of their women and their chief!

[1] However, at this point the tribe mobilizes, and over half of your remaining tribesmen are killed as the fighting force, composed primarily of women and elder children, attack from several sides, seemingly quite enraged by the death of the chief rather than demoralized by it.

[6] At this point, the rest of you cut your losses and retreat as far as possible, which is quite far indeed - you yourself stay behind to repel the pursuers, killing two, but getting quite wounded in the process, only barely escaping with your life.

[4] However, you do know how to heal wounds adequately - all Heads do, of course. And so you and your ragtag war party have retreated, the assault not having gone particularly in your favor, though you have slain their chief - this you are sure of.

(Many rolls required because of fighting at a very significant disadvantage)

Run to the shore. Tell the two others not to leave yet. Climb a small tree or a rock to get a view of what is happening.

[4] You run off the top of the mountain much faster than is technically safe along with your comrades, the ground quaking periodically, the smoke from the liquid fire intensifying, and as you make it to the foot of the mountain, the entire top suddenly explodes, a massive plume of ash shooting up into the sky, spreading outward - the ash, flying outward, begins to rain from the sky as you run, a massive pyroclastic flow beginning to follow you downward from the top of the mountain. Perhaps vainly, you continue trying to escape - the shore is not far, this much you know.

[4] Fortunately, the flow is successfully blocked by an obstacle, a lucky peculiarity of the mountain's shape that diverts it along a slightly different path - now you only need to contend with the fact that it suddenly seems to be very dark, and also rather difficult to breathe. Eventually you make it to the shore.

[6] Your two fellows, despite you having been away for several hours, still have not made significant progress - you have never been gladder, you must say - in the deep midnight surrounding the island, friends are something you dearly need - with their aid, you believe you may be able to make your way out of the area - there is nothing to see here, only blackness and ash.

Try holding storytelling sessions again, now that I am more respected. Encourage caution in youth.

[3] They do listen, but they have definitely heard cautionary tales before in great quantities from their parents, and your tales are simply slightly more fanciful retellings of what they have already heard.

Trek forward, shuffling or crawling if I must. Pray for a miracle.

"If nothing else, Goat must make it! She is the true hero, the champion of us all!"

[2] You move on through the desert with Goat, shuffling forward largely through willpower rather than physical strength, until you eventually reach an uninhabited oasis, at which point you and she require two solid weeks of recuperation to be able to travel again.

Chantututututu goes over to the foreigners and begins to dance the dance of temporary non-aggression to put them at ease.  He then shows them how to communicate solely through dance and asks them to divulge their secrets.

[4] Through the medium of dance, you establish a channel of communication few others have even tried to harness, and your dancing does seem to put them at ease, much to the surprise of your fellow tribesmen. They seem fairly skilled at methods of nonverbal communication, you discover after a period of trying various dances, and it appears they are very much open to the prospect of further communication of this sort. They do not quite trust you enough to divulge their secrets (and you are not sure they can simply through dance, since that is more suited for simple ideas), but you do believe that you are now the official intermediate between your tribe and the foreigners.

Experiment on poison! Try to use alcohol!

[5] You find that nobody really gets sick from drinking strongly fermented juice, not in the sustained vomiting and stomachache sort of way indicative of regular water poisoning, which is not really the case with the river's water - clearly, there is something about alcohol that repels disease. The alcohol itself is not particularly poisonous, you find, and it would take quite a lot of it all at once or smaller amounts over a longer period of time to particularly harm a person. On the other hand, datura, which grows in certain places among the woods, is a far better tool for poisoning, since it is indeed very toxic. Not incredibly good, of course, but you have heard tales of one of the shaman's daughters requiring the utmost skill on Kutuk's part to avoid death after she thoughtlessly ate too much of it to achieve its peculiar effects.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 13, 2014, 05:40:14 pm »

Tell the news of the venture to the Union. Have them prepare for enemy attack
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 13, 2014, 05:53:37 pm »

Take the old man to my family's home.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2014, 06:00:42 pm »

Retell more fancifully!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Nunzillor

« Reply #862 on: August 13, 2014, 06:07:39 pm »

Through the magic of dance, inquire as to the origin of their tools.  If they are still nervous, dance amusingly to further put them at ease.  If they have difficulty explaining the specifics, offer them sticks to draw in the ground with.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:42:53 pm by Nunzillor »

blazing glory

« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2014, 06:10:33 pm »

Head back to my tribe.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 13, 2014, 06:48:08 pm »

Allow animals to observe me placing the food and eventually give it to one directly.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:04:53 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 13, 2014, 06:59:15 pm »

RESPAWN AS THE LEADER OF A HORDE THAT IS INVADING THE 3 TRIBE UNION RIGHT NOW

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 13, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »

Go see how the foreigners are doing. Also, if a strong wind presents itself, rage about how crap keeps getting stolen.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 13, 2014, 08:59:07 pm »

Die, after a long and full life. Be noticed in death. Become Yun.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 13, 2014, 11:05:28 pm »

Rest and stock up on Oasis with Goat, then press onwards to the next one. Follow northern stars.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 13, 2014, 11:23:52 pm »

Grab fishing rods and baskets. Sail further south. 
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77