Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116921 times)

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #1110 on: August 27, 2014, 08:59:43 pm »

Continue developing the written language via closely examining the separate writing styles of the stone tablets and basing the new standardized script on the ideas of writers. Create Ideographs. Also, give a boost to the rabbit breeding efforts by poisoning the food supply. Those who are smart enough to sniff out the poison or the ones that are just immune will live and reproduce more valuable rabbits.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 27, 2014, 09:02:34 pm »

you know despite everything not once did the first tribe ever go to war we razed a couple vilages but no wars
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 27, 2014, 09:03:36 pm »

you know despite everything not once did the first tribe ever go to war we razed a couple vilages but no wars
I'm sure my bloodthirsty rabbits will happily go to war with our enemies.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 27, 2014, 09:07:04 pm »

"Why do you wish to speak to me? I have no matters involving the spiritual currently."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:25 pm »

well i think we had wars during the time skip between generations but not during the game i do hope i get my big sword replaced with a short sword i will be the most epic badass of epic badassery when i go to war.

although if im gonna be a guard i probably wont get to fight in a war unless im defending the village.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 27, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »

I speak with my new comrades and try to learn about their styles of fighting. If I can improve my own skills by learning from them or they can learn anything from me, work with them to improve ourselves. Also, I ask if this tribe uses the bow to fight, as it was the primary weapon of my people. Finally I enquire about what my duties are as a retainer to the House of Yun.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 27, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »

harry could we get a list of the weapons the tribe uses

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 27, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »

harry could we get a list of the weapons the tribe uses

I think a list of general tools would behoove us all. We have boats, and sledges, and farm stuff, and we know about carts, but anything else?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 27, 2014, 10:04:43 pm »

well i think we had wars during the time skip between generations but not during the game i do hope i get my big sword replaced with a short sword i will be the most epic badass of epic badassery when i go to war.

although if im gonna be a guard i probably wont get to fight in a war unless im defending the village.
You mean second most epic. Until you manage to slaughter most of a whole other tribe by yourself and tame two donkeys.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:13 pm »

You mean second most epic. Until you manage to slaughter most of a whole other tribe by yourself and tame two donkeys.
i will be epic not in numbers killed but in awesome ways i kill although yes the donkey were impresive

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 27, 2014, 10:20:04 pm »

"Why do you wish to speak to me? I have no matters involving the spiritual currently."
Harlon bowed his head.

"I understand Yun, and that is what I wanted to discuss with you. I understand that there were many unsavory aspects of earlier spirituality in this tribe, but I seek to rejuvenate it. Perhaps you could help me understand what this tribe needs spiritually, and I could eventually help you find a tradition that you could participate in."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 28, 2014, 08:19:58 am »

Iatep prepares the supplies he'll need for the journey to the First Tribe's main settlement, a familiar enough trip. With everything in order, he makes sure his father has enough food to last until Iatep's return, then sets off with the herd and Pok.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 28, 2014, 09:50:35 am »

Find a donkey. Kill it, skin and eat it, and make a lasso along with a grand hat.

((Now I dunno really what to do. The only goal my character had is rotten in some swamp or wherever.))

[6] You are soon (the process takes a few days) the proud possessor of a donkey skull helm and a lasso created of woven, stretched intestines, and also more donkey flesh than you know what to do with. You suppose your lasso might not be the First Lasso. You also suppose that nobody cares, and you could very well call it the First Lasso if you felt like it. Or the First Lariat, even. That would be even more elegant a name.

Perhaps it would even alleviate the fact that you're alone and everybody you know is now dead.

"Is it the fabled delta that Kurgle spoke of?"

Continue north to the objective.

[3] You sail onward, and discover that it is indeed the delta you have heard so much about that you are going for, although the way the tribesmen seem to be eying the approaching ship is less than kind, you think. The expedition leader seems a little concerned.

Join the warrior training! I will become a great warrior!

[5] You join the warriors in practice - beatings follow, as does sparring with practice blades. It is very hard work, but you begin to make relatively quick progress, getting a feel for combat in general.

Get a wagon, fill it with food, and set off in search of more mineral deposits. With my trusty bronze pick, of course.

[4] You quickly obtain yourself a wagon and go off in search of fortune.

[5] Soon, very soon, in fact, you come across something interesting in your regular checks of the land. Some distance away from your mine, in a more obscure part of the plains, you locate a vein of minerals rather close to the surface - now, you're not exactly sure of this, but you think you may have found native copper, which you find a bit unusual.

Go and look for unguarded travelling merchants.

[1] You live on an island occupied purely by you and your tribe. There are no traveling merchants here aside from those who arrive by boat, who are also members of your extended tribe. And none of them go anywhere without guards, just in case.

I must legitimize my rulership. I shall go out of the village to tame a great beast of the wild using my wits. Hopefully my Honor Guard will come with me.

[6] You don't need your honor guard, you decide. You're going to do this like Tuktu of old did it - by himself, without anybody to look on and comment on your actions on the way. You will let your actions speak for yourself, you declare to yourself as you spy a herd of buffalo wandering the plains. Taming one of them will surely be no issue to one such as you.

[1] You immediately approach the great creature and attempt to intimidate it with your gaze, but the creature does not seem very impressed. You stop messing around and run toward it in an attempt to overpower it through surprise - unfortunately for you, the buffalo is not a creature to be messed with, as it immediately sets forth to prove by first goring you, then trampling you as well. Its fellow animals see fit to join its attack.

[3] After they are done, you are there, lying on the ground, several bones broken, your pride destroyed, your insides terribly bruised and your prospects of long-term survival rather slim. The buffalo herd appears to be wondering whether it is worth it to finish you off.

Jax will seek an audience with the leader of this Eldarian village.  It's best to start with a glowing testimonial from someone in authority, he finds, before moving on to the populace at large.

[4] The Eldarian leader, Tymb, seems quite interested in both rocks and miracles, so he seems to be the natural person to peddle your goods to. And indeed, he does agree to provide you with a sackful of grain in return for but three or four of the rocks in your possession.

Figure out what metal is by looking at exposed copper ore.

[3] If this was an area where copper ore tended to be exposed, people would have figured out what it is by now.

After bonding with my fellow slaves, create a plan for Mutiny. When the time is right, sneak with the most trusted of companions in the middle of the night, and ambush our sleeping owners, bludgeoning them with great discrimination.

[2] The other slaves find this a rather poor plan, no offense. Especially since they can think of a great many ways it can and probably will backfire. These people, for some reason, seem to be a pessimistic lot.

Offer some salt in exchange for supplies and hospitality, since salt is very valuable. Even nomads need salt.

If I can get hospitality or at least not get attacked, try to repair the sledge.

[4] They seem slightly interested in your salt, though it takes some time to explain its use in preservation of things to them. They give you a reasonable amount of meat and water in exchange, and ask where more salt could be obtained.

[5] They also help repair your sledge to full working order in return for the salt, which you find awfully nice of them. They do not even ask for any reimbursement for the materials.

Blood of the finest scouts and explorers that flows in my veins won't let me ignore such discovery! Wait a day or two to see if city accepts travelers. If yes, then I could just come in and study it and it's inhabitants from inside. If no, further scounting is needed.

[1] You notice that the city appears to not accept anyone at all, travelers or not - there are people who leave, yes. But none enter as far as you can tell.

[3] Further scouting fails to tell you much more than that - there is no traffic, and the guards are wary enough that you feel like staying away from them as far as you can would be a sound idea.

Yun slowly decides, over time, that a great way to get even more gossip is to be a good healer, and begins to work on his healing skills.

[3] Well, it's a bit late now to start studying healing. You're already approaching middle age. You suppose you could brush up on certain techniques, and you spend a few afternoons doing just that, but the general state of good health in the tribe as well as there being much lower-ranking healers in the hierarchy all means that you can only do so much yourself.

Return to our creation story as the basis for spirituality, and emphasize the fact that the spirits populated this world to give the First Tribe fertile land to work, and wonderful territory to live in. The spirits are gift-givers, and while the din-nehru are a threat to that gift, they are not centrally important as they were in the interpretation which sought to establish duties with respect to them.

[6] People are very quick to point out to you that this is already the default mode of thought in the First Tribe, albeit more mystically-phrased. They would like you to tell a new story of some kind, though. The creation tale is certainly getting more than a bit hackneyed by this point, being almost a century old.

yeah i noticed the buggery thing there to i thought i had mentioned it but it seems i didn't anyway

request a smaller sword i will specialize in short swords as a warrior

woo im a warrior

[6] Your teachers give you a smaller sword, one that is hardly a foot in length. It is even heavier than the previous one, which was two feet long.

Continue developing the written language via closely examining the separate writing styles of the stone tablets and basing the new standardized script on the ideas of writers. Create Ideographs. Also, give a boost to the rabbit breeding efforts by poisoning the food supply. Those who are smart enough to sniff out the poison or the ones that are just immune will live and reproduce more valuable rabbits.

[1] You start creating a written language, condensing ideas into very small symbols, simplifying and simplifying them until you manage to get them down to minor variations of a single curvy line. Very subtle ideographs, you explain to anyone who asks, since they are entirely unable to read any messages you convey with this script. In fact, you are also only barely able to read any messages you have written in this script, and you suspect this is only because you know what they're supposed to be, not because you know what each symbol - frankly, they all look almost like the same symbol - means.

[5] You then, struck by an even better idea, decide to poison your rabbits, culling the stupid and the weak, as the tablets declare is correct. Surprisingly, it works quite well - about a quarter of the rabbits die, and the rest seem altogether more suspicious of their food afterward.

I speak with my new comrades and try to learn about their styles of fighting. If I can improve my own skills by learning from them or they can learn anything from me, work with them to improve ourselves. Also, I ask if this tribe uses the bow to fight, as it was the primary weapon of my people. Finally I enquire about what my duties are as a retainer to the House of Yun.

[6] Sadly, your comrades among the guards do not really hold a candle to your skills, and most of the time they just badger you for training, which you freely provide through handily beating them in practice. And you are not even using the bow, just the knife - the other warriors seem to not be familiar with the use of the bow as anything more than a hunting tool, and seem to be a little embarrassed when you point out to them that it's rather effective to shoot people from afar as well as animals.

Iatep prepares the supplies he'll need for the journey to the First Tribe's main settlement, a familiar enough trip. With everything in order, he makes sure his father has enough food to last until Iatep's return, then sets off with the herd and Pok.

[4] The preparations go off without a hitch, and your father bids you good fortune as you leave with the herd and your dog, reaching the main settlement of the First Tribe within a week.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:25 am »

Start mining, enough of the ore to make sure of what it is. Then load it in the wagon, and return to the colony. Tell them of the new vein, and propose that we all move there for richer pickings.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 28, 2014, 10:00:00 am »

Well, that's strange. Abduct one of the leaving to learn from him about the city and people inhabiting it. Start with somewhat friendly demeanor - and make use of violence if he refuses to talk.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77