Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 170065 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #735 on: September 17, 2014, 07:35:53 am »

Quickpost before class

UI, UI, Varee

Tiruin
Middle is who I see in descending order of 'not to be bothered with' due to many attributes in detail. Foremost being the 'role which says I'm town out loud' and 4mask being a brother-ally which doesn't really equate to scum at all, along with the note of 4mask being honest to the 5-man non-town note in the first post of the game

-snip-

We've got 4mask//UI filling 2 of the 5 slots remaining, and given that TolyK is mixed with Varee who is mixed with 4mask, it'd not be an ideal note if either TolyK or Varee is scum. Combine that with a power that explicably says you're town--well.
Tiruin, flabort's didn't mention that there were 5 non-town players, he mentioned there were 5 anti-town players, here:
Someone's eyes glow, and they speak of five people hidden in the midst of the players who seek to take all the stones for themselves, and every pack in the pile.
and I think he later clarified it. Therefore UI is one of the anti-town, while 4maskwolf says he doesn't think he's anti-town.

Varee:
NQT
am just pointing out that I dont trust you as much as I dont trust him. For all I know you could be a lyncher trying to get UI lynch. Ig what wold saying is true I dont really want my borther lynch also but everythign seem to be policy lynch right now.
Also I got an interesting thing I want to test now
Vote NO LYNCH ;unvote
hope this rid of ghost vote maybe possibly?
UI has claimed lyncher. Lyncher is an anti-town role, so UI being lynched or killed is required for us to win.

UI target claim to be immortal So I rather have his lyncher try get rid of him than dealing with him after as already stated that lyncher target are usally town doesnt mean they have to be town.
But this all is mostly a theory as there no prove to be have as of now unless you count people that are backing each other and a provable info then by all mean.
If you distrust TolyK more then UI, then why not vote TolyK? Why do you distrust TolyK? If you were the only player capable of voting, who would you vote?

Varee
If you call lynching scum a 'policy' lynch then that's the kind of policy I'd sign up to. Which part of this argument do you disagree with?

1. The town wincon is for all anti-town factions to die.
2. Urist Imiknorris has claimed an an anti-town faction (albeit one that allegedly turns into a pro-town if he fails)
3. If someone claims they're anti-town, then either they're that anti-town faction or something worse
C. The town wincon is for Urist Imiknorris to die.

I would say
1 lyncher is not exactly scum therefore I assume the term policy lynch apply.
2. even if UI claim that lynching tolyk is his wincon it might not be his only wincon. I wont cross out the potential ally/enermy off the list just yet.
3.Town wincon is for UI to die, well town wincon is not for wolf to die so see who cars about that. I dont believe that the game is only about wincon, atleast not in this power role game.
4. I dont want to vote people after the other all put their vote, there someting about my role that would be bad if am last in a lynch target line ..
1. scum is anti-town, lyncher is anti-town, lyncher is scum
2. fair point
3. People are voting 4maskwolf because they think he might be anti-town. Always play to your wincon.
4. ah.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 17, 2014, 07:42:55 am »

ALL MY NEGATIVITY IN THIS SENTENCE.

Quickpost before class

UI, UI, Varee

Tiruin
Middle is who I see in descending order of 'not to be bothered with' due to many attributes in detail. Foremost being the 'role which says I'm town out loud' and 4mask being a brother-ally which doesn't really equate to scum at all, along with the note of 4mask being honest to the 5-man non-town note in the first post of the game

-snip-

We've got 4mask//UI filling 2 of the 5 slots remaining, and given that TolyK is mixed with Varee who is mixed with 4mask, it'd not be an ideal note if either TolyK or Varee is scum. Combine that with a power that explicably says you're town--well.
Tiruin, flabort's didn't mention that there were 5 non-town players, he mentioned there were 5 anti-town players, here:
Someone's eyes glow, and they speak of five people hidden in the midst of the players who seek to take all the stones for themselves, and every pack in the pile.
and I think he later clarified it. Therefore UI is one of the anti-town, while 4maskwolf says he doesn't think he's anti-town.

Varee:
NQT
am just pointing out that I dont trust you as much as I dont trust him. For all I know you could be a lyncher trying to get UI lynch. Ig what wold saying is true I dont really want my borther lynch also but everythign seem to be policy lynch right now.
Also I got an interesting thing I want to test now
Vote NO LYNCH ;unvote
hope this rid of ghost vote maybe possibly?
UI has claimed lyncher. Lyncher is an anti-town role, so UI being lynched or killed is required for us to win.
I'd rather stop the blind adherence to the wincon and lynch scum. I'm standing by my...stand on how I view UI.

Why do you // NQT // anyone else seriously want UI out than anyone else? Does he precede your most scummy suspect in that order?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 17, 2014, 07:57:19 am »

I dont understand people logic in this one....

Persus:
1. Chiwawa is a dog, Bulldog is a dog. is Chiwawa a bull dog?
3.Playing wincon doesnt need to be just lynching the anti town. If certain power are annoying and stop town from gaining info that justify a lynch too. that is what am getting from people lynching wolf.

I will reconsider my vote after there more real info out there also I am quite interested if my plan of ridding me of ghost vote is going to work.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 17, 2014, 08:11:37 am »

I dont understand people logic in this one....

Persus:
3.Playing wincon doesnt need to be just lynching the anti town. If certain power are annoying and stop town from gaining info that justify a lynch too. that is what am getting from people lynching wolf.

I will reconsider my vote after there more real info out there also I am quite interested if my plan of ridding me of ghost vote is going to work.
Err, Varee?
His point was more on scum = Mafia.

Also Varee?
@#3: Annoying in what way? What if you know the alignment of the person having the annoying role, how would you treat him?
It is inferred that the situation is 'unknown alignment' in all your words there, yes?

A DASH IS A NEGATIVE SYMBOL.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:46 am »

My point is that If someone have a role like shakerag roll that turn all filp into shaky shaky(that all the flip say) Then the player with that  role might be a viable target due to the amount of disturbtion they are providing.

Also tirurin I believe i worked out one of your role, Is it a four letter abrreviation?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 17, 2014, 08:23:12 am »

I'm disturbed and slightly hurt by the people who think that lynching the lyncher is an acceptable substitute to finding mafia and are trying to spin it as something that has to be done immediately, as opposed to a problem that's damn likely to solve itself.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 17, 2014, 08:39:30 am »

Persus:
UI, UI, Toaster

Why did you instantly assume it was 4maskwolf?

He's behind all the other vote fuckery.

TolyK:
Cheese is confirmed for being more or less a good guy.
However. Did you action me a second time?

Back this up.

NQT:
Toaster
I'd rather we were lynching the Lyncher, personally.
Same here, but I don't think that's happening at this point.
Well of course it's not going to happen if you keep voting Wolf!

This is a fair point.

Urist I.

Urist I:
I'm disturbed and slightly hurt by the people who think that lynching the lyncher is an acceptable substitute to finding mafia and are trying to spin it as something that has to be done immediately, as opposed to a problem that's damn likely to solve itself.

I assure you it's not personal.  I would like to hear how it's likely to solve itself, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 17, 2014, 08:41:29 am »

My anti-townness is dependent on someone staying alive in a mafia game.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 17, 2014, 08:43:39 am »

Someone you publicly called out, so any scum have incentive to NOT kill that person now.  Plus, TolyK has claimed to be hard to kill.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 17, 2014, 08:47:06 am »

And that anyone with a redirect has incentive to redirect their suspects to, although they could do that to me as well (I'd prefer TolyK though).

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 17, 2014, 09:06:34 am »

EBWOP
THIS POST HAS ADDED NEGATIVITY.
I love whomever submitted the role that is causing this -so much-. 

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 17, 2014, 09:46:45 am »

Persus:

1. Scum generally means anti-town, not mafia. Using your analogy, a canine also means dog, bulldog is a dog, thus bulldog is a canine.
3. Then why aren't you voting 4maskwolf?

We will only get real information when lynches happen. That's is the earliest we can get real information.

And that anyone with a redirect has incentive to redirect their suspects to, although they could do that to me as well (I'd prefer TolyK though).
Could you explain?

Persus13 Okay, it's near enough the end of the day. Justify why your three votes are for the three scummiest players.
UI, UI, TDS Well it's for two players
UI claimed lyncher and is thus anti-town, while he isn't my top choice to lynch today (Which would be TDS in all likelihood), I'd rather see him lynched then 4maskwolf as 4maskwolf's anti-townieness is in doubt and I'm sure there's some way his annoying powers can be taken away. My second scumpick would have to be TDS for an attack on Varee that I thought odd, and not much of a contribution to the rest of the game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:18 am »

*Slams face into wall. Repeatedly.*

NQT: Personally, I'm thankful that the day has been extended, so we can discuss the TOTAL BULLSHIT that is clearly going on.

TolyK: Worry about getting rid of your own auto, I can get rid of my copy easily.

YO EREBODY: Does it not bother anyone else that we've all drawn knives to point in people's throats when WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHO DID THE THING WE'RE ARGUING OVER?

Obviously, they aren't going to admit it bacause that would make them a target.
4Mask was well on his way to the chopping block, who stands to gain from him not dying? If the person who did it would benifit from his death, they wouldn't have done it, for rather obvious reasons.
So someone is aware that him dying would be a detriment to said person. So who would both (1) stand to gain from his survival (2) Know that they stand to gain from his survival, and (3) Stand to gain in such a way that admitting this reason would be a bad idea.
I mean, unless 4mask did it, but I kinda have a feeling he didn't.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 17, 2014, 10:07:44 am »

And to continue on 4mask's tangent, let's all jump and poke with pointy utensils primarily used in dining, the lyncher.
Because he's anti town. ::)
SHORT TERM GOALS EQUAL VICTORY! EVERYONE CHARGE!

I mean, unless 4mask did it, but I kinda have a feeling he didn't.
I'll say he didn't :v
Attitude and behavioral studies here.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 78