Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: You are a reawakened Tribal mask (RPSG)  (Read 31226 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Tribal mask (SG)
« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2014, 08:53:58 pm »

Perhaps, but what if there is a reason it is caged? It may be dangerous by its very nature, not through any ill will towards anyone.
A cage designed to contain such a being will likely protect us long enough for us to observe and decide if we want to free it.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »

I propose We investigate the caged one carefully before making any moves towards or against it.. One only imprisons something one fears and those who could make a cage of this power must fear very little.

+1 to investigating the cage and the creature within it.
-1 to freeing it until We know more about it, its cage and who imprisoned it. A mistake could cost Us the lives of Our host, Ours or, at the very least, Our energy hoard. Best to proceed carefully and cautiously, lest We free something We later have to subdue.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2014, 09:11:19 pm »

Perhaps, but what if there is a reason it is caged? It may be dangerous by its very nature, not through any ill will towards anyone.
A cage designed to contain such a being will likely protect us long enough for us to observe and decide if we want to free it.
I agree, but your earlier desire to rush to its aid before knowing anything of it was foolish. I would agree to observing the thing, but I will not give my support to helping it at this juncture.
+1 to observing, -1 to freeing it, at least until we know more.
((Darn ninja.))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:12:55 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2014, 04:53:33 pm »

Some proposals are about to have their votes tallied.

You head down into the dark depths, approaching the glowing cage at the bottom, a bright white glow. inside, a strange being reclines on a floating couch. burgundy with bright blue stripes. The creature itself appears to be a quadrupedal being made from red metal tetominoes, orange lightning arcing between the individual pieces.  It's organic looking eyes appear to be closed, floating in open air between it's other pieces. it seems to have not noticed you.

Spoiler: Shattered (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2014, 06:09:28 pm »

I agree, but your earlier desire to rush to its aid before knowing anything of it was foolish. I would agree to observing the thing, but I will not give my support to helping it at this juncture.
((Darn ninja.))
I did not say we should free it. I said we should approach it and determine the pros and cons of freeing it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2014, 06:30:18 pm »

I support the Meditate On Magic proposal.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:46:56 pm by Kevak »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2014, 06:34:30 pm »

Do We possess normal telepathy? We most certainly have communication with plants, but that may not suffice for communication with this entity or, really, anything that isn't vegetative. If it turns out that We do not have this vital mental power, let Us expend some of Our Divine energy to gain the means to communicate with anything with a mind. It may aid Our decision in the hours to come and will undoubtedly be a useful investment. Should We already have telepathy, let Us attempt to communicate with the Caged.

+1 to Meditating on the nature of magic. However, perhaps We should do so elsewhere, once We have resolved the current situation.

Medium-Term Proposal: We should perhaps also invest in a means of interfacing with technology from a distance. That would probably require some Divine energy, perhaps Electric and some Order too. This would allow Us to reprogram or disable entities like the beast of the forest, rather then resorting to violence. It might also prove invaluable in a more technological land, like the one We journey towards.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:37:24 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2014, 06:41:10 pm »

Do We possess normal telepathy? We most certainly have communication with plants, but that may not suffice for communication with this entity or, really, anything that isn't vegetative. If it turns out that We do not have this vital mental power, let Us expend some of Our Divine energy to gain the means to communicate with anything with a mind. It may aid Our decision in the hours to come and will undoubtedly be a useful investment. Should We already have telepathy, let Us attempt to communicate with the Caged.

+1 to Meditating on the nature of magic. However, perhaps We should do so elsewhere, once We have resolved the current situation.

Medium-Term Proposal: We should perhaps also invest in a means of interfacing with technology from a distance. That would probably require some Divine energy, perhaps Electric and some Order too. This would allow Us to reprogram or disable entities like the beast of the forest, rather then resorting to violence. It might also prove invaluable in a more technological land, like the one We journey towards.

I support both of those proposals.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2014, 08:19:11 pm »

I support both of those proposals.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2014, 08:31:57 pm »

((Darn ninja.))
I did not say we should free it. I said we should approach it and determine the pros and cons of freeing it.
"Oh? Then why do I recall you saying that helping it may help us, and then only speaking of observing it before making a decision after Topaz suggested it? Not that it matters much anymore. We are here, and I suppose this is as good a chance as any to observe it."

+1 to both of Arcvasti's proposals.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2014, 08:42:58 pm »

((Darn ninja.))
"Oh? Then why do I recall you saying that helping it may help us, and then only speaking of observing it before making a decision after Topaz suggested it? Not that it matters much anymore. We are here, and I suppose this is as good a chance as any to observe it."

+1 to both of Arcvasti's proposals.

I said:
To the caged being! Helping it may help us and as it is caged it will likely pose little threat at this time.
Emphasis on may and I said at this time in that we weren't going to be idiots and let it out but observe it. I believe there was a misunderstanding of my intent.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2014, 10:18:04 pm »

"Indeed. It must have been a misunderstanding. Curse semantics and a pox on their creator."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2014, 02:07:14 am »

I cannot help but wonder if one of the dormant Stones is responsible for semantics now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2014, 02:17:55 am »

If so, it would be pretty hard to infect a stone with a viral disease.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2014, 04:30:34 am »

On a more relevant note, I vote NAY/-1 on Topaz's proposal to slow down Greensign's time perception.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30