Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457771 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [<~Dark Ages II: War & Mythos~>] Vanilla + Horror [43.03] [v33a]
« Reply #615 on: May 27, 2016, 04:57:05 pm »

Is it possible to be cursed with a regular wereform, like say werewolf or werebear or something, when you profane a temple?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:35:05 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 29, 2016, 08:44:29 pm »

Whenever I try to do the suggested 250yr advanced world gen, it goes through all the years then finalizes, but right before it finishes Dwarf Fortress quits. No crash and no error, it just quits. It doesn't quit/crash if I stop the worldgen before year 250.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 09:00:31 pm by Morgoth »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #617 on: May 29, 2016, 10:30:26 pm »

Whenever I try to do the suggested 250yr advanced world gen, it goes through all the years then finalizes, but right before it finishes Dwarf Fortress quits. No crash and no error, it just quits. It doesn't quit/crash if I stop the worldgen before year 250.

Confirmed. It does the exact same thing to me. This settings was working great in 43.02 so not sure what happened. However, a 175-year old large region completed successfully when I tested it.

I also recommend a "Fire & Ice" medium world, which is suddenly stable again. I've uploaded an interesting ASCII world on the OP, and just now uploaded an interesting Ironhand world.

Fire & Ice World "Todidefini, The Past Dimensions" (Ironhand): 34MB
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:12:22 am by GM-X »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 31, 2016, 03:57:55 am »

Gameplay question:

Are taverns working? I'm playing the Legendary Dwarves and no one is visiting my tavern. Humans come trade with me every year, so I'm not unreachable.

Also, bug report: Necromancer showed up with re-animated Banshee Spirits. They vaporized instantly into shadow bits.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

ethanwdp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 31, 2016, 10:08:40 am »

Apologies if this has already been asked, but where may I download a previous version? Namely for the latest version of 42.whichever.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #620 on: May 31, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »

Gameplay question:

Are taverns working? I'm playing the Legendary Dwarves and no one is visiting my tavern. Humans come trade with me every year, so I'm not unreachable.

Also, bug report: Necromancer showed up with re-animated Banshee Spirits. They vaporized instantly into shadow bits.

As far as I know, visitors to taverns are hard coded. I don't see any way to mod it directly other than the visitor cap and local populations.

I can confirm that taverns were working with vanilla Dwarves, I don't see any technical reason Legendary Dwarf taverns wouldn't be attracting visitors. My new fort is not ready to test this, maybe Knight Otu or Putnam have a dog in this race.

As far as Banshees vaporizing, this was happening with other spirits in the game too. Should be fixable without needing to roll a new world.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but where may I download a previous version? Namely for the latest version of 42.whichever.

You are the first person to request a previous version. I don't archive old versions but I typically keep the download link active for at least a few days.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:59:43 pm by GM-X »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 31, 2016, 10:00:49 pm »

Gameplay question:

As far as I know, visitors to taverns are hard coded. I don't see any way to mod it directly other than the visitor cap and local populations.

I can confirm that taverns were working with vanilla Dwarves, I don't see any technical reason Legendary Dwarf taverns wouldn't be attracting visitors. My new fort is not ready to test this, maybe Knight Otu or Putnam have a dog in this race.

As far as Banshees vaporizing, this was happening with other spirits in the game too. Should be fixable without needing to roll a new world.

You are the first person to request a previous version. I don't archive old versions but I typically keep the download link active for at least a few days.

Ok. Must just be the luck of the draw.

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying the mod. I've yet to have a siege from one of the races yet, but I look forward to it (Caused by the short life expectancy of dwarves of my fort.). The caverns are certainly terrifying. Those Elder Vampires are brutal.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 01, 2016, 06:52:50 am »

I've been using checking out the RAWs of a few different mods to try and learn how to actually mod creatures, but seem to be having trouble figuring out how the c_variation stuff from c_variation_z is actually working to produce different leather materials like FUR, HIDE, FEATHERS, and DRAGONHIDE (unless it is only supposed to work in Dwarf Mode).

The main thing throwing me seems to be the ZFUR variation. Since it creates a PELT material (which has the material_reaction_product to become FUR), but then never calls for it instead adding the SKIN:ZPELT_TEMPLATE tissue, which looks for LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SKIN.
Variation
Material Template
Tissue Template

There isn't anything showing up in the error log, even after the c_variation appears to remove the SKIN material, so I don't know if I'm completely missing something.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #623 on: June 01, 2016, 06:17:40 pm »

Ok. Must just be the luck of the draw.

Gotta say, I'm really enjoying the mod. I've yet to have a siege from one of the races yet, but I look forward to it (Caused by the short life expectancy of dwarves of my fort.). The caverns are certainly terrifying. Those Elder Vampires are brutal.

Please let me know if you get any visitors based on location. Some of your terrifying cavern reports would also be helpful. I've been gradually making them more adventuresome, but don't have a good grasp on what is thriving down there. There was one story about a necromancer toad...

I've been using checking out the RAWs of a few different mods to try and learn how to actually mod creatures, but seem to be having trouble figuring out how the c_variation stuff from c_variation_z is actually working to produce different leather materials like FUR, HIDE, FEATHERS, and DRAGONHIDE (unless it is only supposed to work in Dwarf Mode).

The main thing throwing me seems to be the ZFUR variation. Since it creates a PELT material (which has the material_reaction_product to become FUR), but then never calls for it instead adding the SKIN:ZPELT_TEMPLATE tissue, which looks for LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SKIN.
Variation
Material Template
Tissue Template

There isn't anything showing up in the error log, even after the c_variation appears to remove the SKIN material, so I don't know if I'm completely missing something.

Currently, Zaeros Animal Trainer reactions can only be produced in Fortress mode using a Tanner Shop.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:23:31 pm by GM-X »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 02, 2016, 11:13:29 am »

I've made two taverns, a temple, and a library. Still no visitors. Maybe they don't want to visit the Terrifying desert.

Biggest threats in the caverns are the Great Vampire Bats which seem to turn things into Elder Vampires once in a while upon bite. So I have many rat men, amphibian man, and lizard man vampires lurking down there.

Boartusk demons. These scare me. I had locked up the cavern with three forgotten beats in it. Two of them dust throwers. He murdered all of them. Currently training marksdwarves to try to kill him without getting close.

Bug: Can't make guns. Reaction requires "Large flintlock". The flintlocks made in the shop are different.

Bug: Silk reel. Can't seem to use the reactions. I've collected hundreds of eggs, but the only thing I can do with them is cook them in the kitchen.

Bug: Dealing with Blood Plump helmet men is extremely hard. Due to the Tavern overhaul and visitors things, they aren't pets any more. I can't butcher them. I can't pasture them. I can't stick them in the military. I can't get rid of them. Sometimes immigrants bring them with them, and that's a problem.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [<~Dark Ages II: War & Mythos~>] Vanilla + Horror [43.03] [v33b]
« Reply #625 on: June 02, 2016, 09:43:55 pm »

I've made two taverns, a temple, and a library. Still no visitors. Maybe they don't want to visit the Terrifying desert.

Biggest threats in the caverns are the Great Vampire Bats which seem to turn things into Elder Vampires once in a while upon bite. So I have many rat men, amphibian man, and lizard man vampires lurking down there.

Boartusk demons. These scare me. I had locked up the cavern with three forgotten beats in it. Two of them dust throwers. He murdered all of them. Currently training marksdwarves to try to kill him without getting close.

Bug: Can't make guns. Reaction requires "Large flintlock". The flintlocks made in the shop are different.

Bug: Silk reel. Can't seem to use the reactions. I've collected hundreds of eggs, but the only thing I can do with them is cook them in the kitchen.

Bug: Dealing with Blood Plump helmet men is extremely hard. Due to the Tavern overhaul and visitors things, they aren't pets any more. I can't butcher them. I can't pasture them. I can't stick them in the military. I can't get rid of them. Sometimes immigrants bring them with them, and that's a problem.

Okay I uploaded v33b. Everyone will need to gen a new world. The "half pet" problem was also happening with Living Statues, which should also be fixed now.

Although Flintlocks were called "large" they should have worked. I renamed them but don't see any problems with the reactions. Let me know if it still isn't working.

P.S. Boartusk demons can be trained. In theory.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:51:35 pm by GM-X »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 03, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »

Well, I tried to update my save. Briefly didn't notice any change to guns, (I noticed the original mod had two types of firelocks, though) but I may need to make a new fort to check. As something seems...wrong. Random tiles all over the fort have become aquafiers somehow.

Will try a new fort and test accordingly.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #627 on: June 03, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »

Well, I tried to update my save. Briefly didn't notice any change to guns, (I noticed the original mod had two types of firelocks, though) but I may need to make a new fort to check. As something seems...wrong. Random tiles all over the fort have become aquafiers somehow.

Will try a new fort and test accordingly.

Yeah, removing an entity also requires a new world gen. I didn't realize that.  :-X

If you or anyone else is in the mood, sign up for the first Dark Ages Succession Fort here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158550.msg7030342#msg7030342
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:08:48 pm by GM-X »

The Big PowerBoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 09, 2016, 05:11:23 am »

I, uh, know that this might be a dumb question, but how does one profane a temple in adventure mode? The wiki says you can, but doesn't state how, and google only gives me posts that are written in 2012. I would appreciate it if someone would tell me :)

EDIT: nevermind, figured that out by myself.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:39:43 am by The Big PowerBoss »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 09, 2016, 09:30:37 pm »

I just found this, and I love that you use Ironhand :D  A few queries, while I'm waiting for the download; Is there a summary of what the new workshops do?  Similarly, is there a list of new gear?  Are there any additions to Glaze & Dye industries, or do you have plans for them?  Looking forward to trying this out, there are almost as many hostile races !FUN! as Fortress Defense.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 92