Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170806 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1065 on: February 19, 2015, 04:53:50 pm »

(I'm fine with going last, as mine's probably the most dangerous. Kill-toss-freeze works for me.)
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 19, 2015, 05:02:59 pm »

Gorat, could you live with Kill-Throw-Freeze?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 19, 2015, 05:07:01 pm »

((Sure.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 19, 2015, 05:11:15 pm »

Spoiler: Morul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tek (click to show/hide)

Kill-Throw-Freeze it is, Piecewise!
Holding for the moment to talk with Tir.

((Good luck, everyone!))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:16:06 am by Hapah »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 19, 2015, 07:21:25 pm »

Vote for kill throw freeze while my character Bravely runs away!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 19, 2015, 11:05:24 pm »

((Thrice curse this.
I was making a DARN POST supposedly BEFORE piecewise's post there. And after having replied to Hapah's idea.
UGH THIS NET.))

B.) Kill the Eater. Instructions were to kill the Eater at the Pit, and we know that killing the Eater was a risk in the past (how many people has it possessed of ours because they killed it? Three?) I like this option, and it might be close enough, but I wouldn't ask you lot to do something I'm not willing to do myself (though Mummy goons would be a reasonably safe bet, I think). If we have a volunteer, make it known and make it happen.
((I was supposedly going to highlight this, and make a bit of dialogue from Feyri but...
Ugh >_>))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 19, 2015, 11:12:34 pm »

If you wanna try to blast it while it's airborne by all means; none of us are gonna try to stop you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 19, 2015, 11:16:10 pm »

If you wanna try to blast it while it's airborne by all means; none of us are gonna try to stop you.
I'd rather do something that would equal an assurance to work--not just a conclusion based on natural observation :-\

Though I still do question a few things.

...Why did people try to Kill the Eater when its specifically stated to be killed in a designated location?
How far are we from said position?
How many people currently present have any movement or traction 'boosting' equipment?
How big or heavy is the sarcophagus?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 19, 2015, 11:44:43 pm »

...Why did people try to Kill the Eater when its specifically stated to be killed in a designated location?
Because the angry Sun thing in the sky has taken notice of us, and we don't think we can get the Eater to the Pit (the specified location) before the Sun catches up and we melt. So our options boil down to killing it here and hope that it's "good enough", or just running away and hoping that all goes well.

How far are we from said position?
3 or 4 miles, I believe

How many people currently present have any movement or traction 'boosting' equipment?
Only you, I believe.

I'd guess....five or six hundred pounds? No exact number, but it's the weight of a man in a coffin made out of fused sand or glass.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 19, 2015, 11:55:09 pm »

[...]So our options boil down to killing it here and hope that it's "good enough", or just running away and hoping that all goes well.
...Is our hope backed by anything reasonable other than 'get away from this area'?
Just get to pushing it--I'll deliver the final push if needed, or if anyone can rig up my rockets (as far as I recall, I do think Steve did say they can be cranked up...towards some kind of limit?)\\

I'd guess....five or six hundred pounds? No exact number, but it's the weight of a man in a coffin made out of fused sand or glass.
((For me, weight == the matter. So the composition doesn't matter given that we know the weight [that or I forgot my basic physics and chemistry]. 5/600 pounds == ...~250 kgs given the conversion ratio of 2.2 = 1 [and I dislike counting in pounds :'( ]

piecewise: What's the comparable limit of...weight(?) that I can handle given my get-up of an exoskeleton, MKIII, adding in bodily composition of synthflesh, and other attachments [ie thrust from rockets]? Is it possible to make a projectile out of the sarcophagus and use...me, as a guide towards the location?

Hapah, what do we know of our current armaments? What is 'enough' to kill the Eater and/or its Sarcophagus?
((Sorry for all this. Exams. And me missing out on part of the mission  :-X
I just sincerely believe that 'doing this halfway' won't cut it.

...Why is the Sun related? Did I miss any bit of lore here? It seems very related to the Eater...))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 19, 2015, 11:57:36 pm »

One sec.

k, flip through Piecewise's post starting here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144088.msg6007746#msg6007746

Essentially, there's some sort of giant creature or fireball (which we believe to be the "Sun" referrenced in the instructions). It has been trailing us for some time, but it's finally zero'd in on the Eater, and seem very interested. This from a recent PW post sums up the situation pretty well.

Quote from: PW

So the combined efforts of everyone get the thing about 2/5ths of the way to the pit. Steve has to keep telling you to change direction because you keep veering off track in the darkness.

Oh and the Sun overhead? Yeah It seems to have definitely noticed you now. It's coming in quicker and those wings are starting to fill the entire sky. Currently, it feels like you're all standing outside in the sun, in summer. Thats through the suit. For those of you with pattern recognition, this is the point when you'll realize that this is pretty much the point of no return, there's not enough time to really fuck about. Whatever you decide to do next turn, is gonna be the plan you'll have to go with.

Think carefully.
We're still miles away from the Pit and the "Sun" is on the way in to do God knows what. We can't stop it, and we don't think we can get the Eater to the Pit before it shows up. You might be able to, but that's a very big might.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:02:09 am by Hapah »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 20, 2015, 12:00:40 am »

((Running away isn't really an option here, guys. Last time this thing happened entire nation turned into desert because they failed to do something about the Eater. Run away, and I believe massive amount of deaths will occur.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1077 on: February 20, 2015, 12:07:18 am »

((I would just like to say that I support any effort to bring the Eater to the pit and successfully complete the mission.  You'd totally have to go near or at max MK3 speed, though.  Which would be cool and dangerous.))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:12:48 am by Nunzillor »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 20, 2015, 12:13:12 am »

Quote from: Tir
Hapah, what do we know of our current armaments? What is 'enough' to kill the Eater and/or its Sarcophagus?
Seems like the Eater is a little more resilient than a normal person, but not much so. A bullet or laser blast will kill it, and it's encased in glass, I believe. So any reasonable weapon should be able to dispatch it with no difficulties.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 20, 2015, 12:27:56 am »

((Now that this is happening, I gotta wonder: how did Steve even convince the government to let us handle this thing? It's not like we don't have a consistent track record of fuking these things up.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89