Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171445 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1080 on: February 20, 2015, 01:45:23 am »

((Steve: "Hey, you guys wanna watch a bunch of idiots kill themselves without any outside interference?"
Them: "Sure, sounds interesting."))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 20, 2015, 01:55:29 am »

((I would just like to say that I support any effort to bring the Eater to the pit and successfully complete the mission.  You'd totally have to go near or at max MK3 speed, though.  Which would be cool and dangerous.))
((Let's do the thing then.))

Quote from: Tir
Hapah, what do we know of our current armaments? What is 'enough' to kill the Eater and/or its Sarcophagus?
Seems like the Eater is a little more resilient than a normal person, but not much so. A bullet or laser blast will kill it, and it's encased in glass, I believe. So any reasonable weapon should be able to dispatch it with no difficulties.

((Perfect. I hope all this Aux training has something important in mind.))

Where're all the others? Does anyone have any long-range sensory equipment? I'll get this sarcophagus where its needed--can anyone check my MKIII for difficulties?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 20, 2015, 10:37:06 am »

Where're all the others?
Still playing in the sand, no doubt.

Does anyone have any long-range sensory equipment? I'll get this sarcophagus where its needed--can anyone check my MKIII for difficulties?[/font][/color]
We do not. Steve may be able to guide you, though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1083 on: February 21, 2015, 12:51:17 pm »

Spoiler: Morul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tek (click to show/hide)

Kill-Throw-Freeze it is, Piecewise!
Holding for the moment to talk with Tir.

((Good luck, everyone!))
Someone message me whenever things have come to a hard decision. I'll do the post then.

(Also helps mission 16 catch up)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 22, 2015, 11:22:19 am »

((I'd say that Feyri should try and evacuate at least some of the rest of the team. I find it doubtful that she could safely outfly the evil ship sun eater thing while carrying the Eater that the sun clearly wants, now that is moving fast.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:27 am »

((I'd say that Feyri should try and evacuate at least some of the rest of the team. I find it doubtful that she could safely outfly the evil ship sun eater thing while carrying the Eater that the sun clearly wants, now that is moving fast.))
((I'd not consider that option--I'd rather save more than some because I have a choice, and I'd not like that choice to be diluted by...saving those who are less than equipped to withstand this force of heat and death. Because being 'blasted to ashes' is not a good fate.
I'd rather get to the bottom of this than trying an alternative that hinges on failure.

Considering piecewise's...wait(?), could we plan on who could support me, given my MKIII + Extra fuel rockets and other equipment to get that Sarcophagus a few miles on course, and probably guide and direct me there given all we've been through?))
A nice inspirational speech would be nice given all the sacrifices. While I was not present (to act and all), I'm really wanting to make up for it here. ._.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 24, 2015, 12:27:50 pm »

((If you head towards the Pit with the Eater and rest of us head the other way, that may let us cover enough ground to get to safety. It's going to go after the Eater, not us.

I don't know what we can do to directly assist or support, Tir. This is really the "new guy" mission; most of us don't have anything beyond basic equipment and have no way to guide or help you. I'm happy to provide information on any important bits of information that you may have missed, but beyond that...

That does remind me though, you'll have to fly low if you wanna go with the Eater. I think it was mentioned that something bad is gonna start to happen if it gets more than 20 or 30 feet {~10 meters} off the ground. Steve may be able to guide you, or maybe your suit has a compass and Steve can point you in the general direction.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 24, 2015, 12:36:33 pm »

((He also said that about moving the Eater quickly. Unfortunately, one or the other is going to happen. With the plan to toss the Eater upwards, at least no one should be that close to whatever horror it causes. If Feyri takes the Eater, she is going to be at the center of it. Assuming that the warning is still relevant, but I'm sure it is.

Before you ask, no, we can't just fly it there. Apparently bad things happen if the host loses touch with the ground. And if you move it too fast. The Eater in there is mostly hibernating, but if we alter the environment too drastically it will wake up. And though it's not at full strength, that would still be unpleasant.

))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1088 on: February 24, 2015, 12:39:10 pm »

I'll assist you, Feyri.

Assist Feyri to the best of Kai's ability by chugging down the mysterious potion he somehow aquired.

((This is either an act of heroism, or an act of extreme stupidity. Perhaps both.))

((Nope, never mind.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:34:16 am by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 24, 2015, 12:51:58 pm »

((From the looks of it, the best of your abilities is... praying to have a relevant potion? That or strength, intelligence, or handiwork. And it'd have to be a quick chuck, use whatever the potion gives you to hopefully save the day or die a scorch mark in the desert.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1090 on: February 24, 2015, 01:24:02 pm »

((I'll do that then.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 24, 2015, 01:31:59 pm »

((That wasn't meant to be an encouragement! :P))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 24, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »

I don't know what we can do to directly assist or support, Tir. This is really the "new guy" mission; most of us don't have anything beyond basic equipment and have no way to guide or help you. I'm happy to provide information on any important bits of information that you may have missed, but beyond that...
((That's what I'm thinking too--both IC and OOC, mostly IC--the experienced individuals in a squad are usually for guidance and experience when things go wrong, but by no means is the mission considered a total failure if the experience and equipment (usually reserved by higher ups and all) are discarded; this means that this could be completed by a whole newbie roster, too.
That means we're either missing something, or there is something that we're not getting--hence why I asked about the lore and physical distances as to our position and to the location. Several things are unanswered, like about that Sun, and why does it exactly have an interest in the Eater: If I've to go by Egyptian mythology, as a vague analogy, then the Sun is correlated with the Eater, and rather would not end in a fiery explosion but something...not that deadly. Ish.

...Anyone think rebirth?

Either way, I doubt this mission is already doomed to failure given this basis.))

((This is either an act of heroism, or an act of extreme stupidity. Perhaps both.))
((I doubt either; this has basis in information; we've passed the first stage which was 'gather information', and we're in the second which is 'working on what we know and perceive' -- we can triangulate our position [...probably a mistaken term I'm using] or wonder why in the world would an increase in force relative to position, velocity and speed would have anything to do that'd equal "bad". I mean doesn't anyone even question how vague that was!? D:<
Either way, we're missing something here. It's been punching me since the start || it somehow has to do with Steve, as a second guess.))

((Let me just get this straight: Heat > kills Eater.
Cold > Helps Eater?
If an explosion happens around the Eater and/or the Sarcophagus = Bad thing occurs?))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:41:26 pm by Tiruin »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 24, 2015, 01:53:30 pm »

...or wonder why in the world would an increase in force relative to position, velocity and speed would have anything to do that'd equal "bad". I mean doesn't anyone even question how vague that was!? D:<
For story purposes I imagine; otherwise we'd just cram the Eater into a shuttle and finish the mission in 2 or 3 turns.

((Let me just get this straight: Heat > kills Eater.
Cold > Helps Eater?
If an explosion happens around the Eater and/or the Sarcophagus = Bad thing occurs?))
Heat has been proven to weaken the Eater, yes.

We believe cold helps the Eater, yes.

I don't quite understand the last one. Killing the Eater in the past has resulted in the Eater taking the killer as a new "host". So, in the past, actually killing the Eater has been bad for the person doing the killing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1094 on: February 24, 2015, 02:01:43 pm »

Ti with her suit is strong enough to carry the eater and it's coffin single handedly.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89