Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171425 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1095 on: February 24, 2015, 02:11:00 pm »

Ti with her suit is strong enough to carry the eater and it's coffin single handedly.
But is she strong enough to withstand the thermal force of a star? Find out next time on Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 18.

((In which I am shaking as I type.))

((Anyway, given our whole roster, does anyone have any device which...aids long-range visualization or something? My listed idea of what to do would be to boost all the way to the marked location given how our pulling made it that well, and detach the auxiliary tanks once it gets heated. What I'm asking of 'any device' meant any manipulation amps that would affect momentum and somewhat 'freeze' the sarcophagus in suspended motion that whatever outside force attached to it wouldn't make it 'feel like its going fast'...given the warning Hapah said?))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 24, 2015, 02:32:32 pm »

Ti with her suit is strong enough to carry the eater and it's coffin single handedly.
But is she strong enough to withstand the thermal force of a star? Find out next time on Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 18.
((Or, for that matter, fast enough to outfly said star, maneuverable enough to land in the right spot without giving the star too much time to catch up, able to break the sarcophagus quickly enough to kill the eater in time... and if anything goes wrong, what can we do to pick up the pieces?))

((Anyway, given our whole roster, does anyone have any device which...aids long-range visualization or something? My listed idea of what to do would be to boost all the way to the marked location given how our pulling made it that well, and detach the auxiliary tanks once it gets heated. What I'm asking of 'any device' meant any manipulation amps that would affect momentum and somewhat 'freeze' the sarcophagus in suspended motion that whatever outside force attached to it wouldn't make it 'feel like its going fast'...given the warning Hapah said?))
((I suspect that it'd take a vector/gravity amp/manipulator to even try doing something like this, it would need absolute precision at ever increasing distances unless you want to take along the amp/manip user, and we'd have to do so without knowing whether it's actually possible. Or a matter converter that could transmute the interior of the sarcophagus into some kind of gel(?) that dampens the acceleration effects on the eater (without turning the eater into said substance).))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 24, 2015, 03:14:19 pm »

((Or, for that matter, fast enough to outfly said star, maneuverable enough to land in the right spot without giving the star too much time to catch up, able to break the sarcophagus quickly enough to kill the eater in time... and if anything goes wrong, what can we do to pick up the pieces?))
((Err, to clarify, that's narrative theatrics :P Its not literally a star, obviously. Its a figurati- wait I think you also mean that :I Hmphy.))

((I suspect that it'd take a vector/gravity amp/manipulator to even try doing something like this, it would need absolute precision at ever increasing distances unless you want to take along the amp/manip user, and we'd have to do so without knowing whether it's actually possible. Or a matter converter that could transmute the interior of the sarcophagus into some kind of gel(?) that dampens the acceleration effects on the eater (without turning the eater into said substance).))
((We're keeping it simple as I...guess its implied that we, at least, have knowledge on doing the tiny tidbits which make this crucial [translated in rolls]. So...any amp user could help? There's a statement on distance > efficiency and willpower needed to control it effectively, so either I bring someone along or. . .???

...Can anyone shoot the 'Sun' or at least possibly triangulate its relative position towards us and its current speed to check if it will hit us before the determined location? :P Scratch that--can anyone at least triangulate its distance?
Did anyone contact Steve and notify him about the 'Sun'? Can we call in Gauss projectiles from the ship? ))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1098 on: February 24, 2015, 03:18:28 pm »

Just a reminder, Feyri has a synthflesh body. That means she has cameyes she can use to better navigate in the dark, along with increased durability and other bonuses.
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Feyri_Nirel

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 24, 2015, 03:30:25 pm »

So...any amp user could help?
((I don't think so, not with the amps we have, and probably not even with the amps I listed. If you insist on this course of action, I suspect Feyri will have to carry an Eater aware of its speed. Well, as aware as it can be in its state.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 24, 2015, 03:51:37 pm »

((Both courses of action, the Kill-Throw or the Tir flightplan, are gambles. We, or more specifically Tir/Tek/Morul/Gorat, just have to agree on how exactly we want to gamble. I'm at work but I trust you lot can come to an agreement.))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 24, 2015, 03:56:43 pm »

((Both courses of action, the Kill-Throw or the Tir flightplan, are gambles. We, or more specifically Tir/Tek/Morul/Gorat, just have to agree on how exactly we want to gamble. I'm at work but I trust you lot can come to an agreement.))
((Why I don't like the latter gamble is it lets us...run. Maybe there's a bit to this that we aren't getting but...I don't feel good with the prospect of running like this.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 24, 2015, 04:35:52 pm »

((I'm not quite sure if I understand that objection correctly, but the problem I have with Feyri flying off with the Eater is that there's no contingency plan. But if Feyri is willing to take along someone with an amp, Morul or me, then we could still enact some contingency plan if killing the Eater fails, and maybe even if accelerating him causes a catastrophe.

Since I'm leery of freezing the Eater anyway, I would volunteer to come along, with the caveats that
1) if accelerating does something bad or we can't go fast enough to outfly the sun, Feyri needs to let the sarcophagus go, and I'll try to toss the Eater at the sun, and
2) if we get to the pit and killing the Eater fails (in which case Feyri would likely have become the new Eater), I'll try to toss the (new) Eater at the sun.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 24, 2015, 05:01:23 pm »

((I'll volunteer to ride shotgun, because I've got the voidsuit, and I still haven't found out if I can carry live passengers. I know I can take inanimate objects, so I might be able to haul the Eater in with me, and leave it behind. I would only do that as a last, last resort though. Don't want it and Timmy conspiring together... anyway, I'll ride with Feyri if she wants.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 24, 2015, 05:03:25 pm »

((I'm not quite sure if I understand that objection correctly, but the problem I have with Feyri flying off with the Eater is that there's no contingency plan.
A valid concern.

But if Feyri is willing to take along someone with an amp, Morul or me, then we could still enact some contingency plan if killing the Eater fails, and maybe even if accelerating him causes a catastrophe.
Good plan.

Since I'm leery of freezing the Eater anyway, I would volunteer to come along, with the caveats that
1) if accelerating does something bad or we can't go fast enough to outfly the sun, Feyri needs to let the sarcophagus go, and I'll try to toss the Eater at the sun, and
2) if we get to the pit and killing the Eater fails (in which case Feyri would likely have become the new Eater), I'll try to toss the (new) Eater at the sun.))
Tir/Morul/Tek, this sound like a plan? Or will Morul go per the new post?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 24, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »

((The voidsuit? Huh. That could work, but it could be very tricky as it's likely the Eater is free of the sarcophagus at the point where you have to haul it in.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Nunzillor

« Reply #1106 on: February 24, 2015, 07:31:20 pm »

((It's not really my call, but I do like the void suit idea as contingency.  The Eater can hang out with Timmy, I guess.  I feel like giving the Eater to the sun would make something really awful happen, however.  Also, an amp user could help by launching them both towards the pit for some initial momentum to help outrun the sun, if it wouldn't be overkill.  Pretty imperative that iT be clear where they need to go in the low-light conditions, in any case.))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:51:55 pm by Nunzillor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 25, 2015, 03:43:04 am »

((I'm not quite sure if I understand that objection correctly, but the problem I have with Feyri flying off with the Eater is that there's no contingency plan. But if Feyri is willing to take along someone with an amp, Morul or me, then we could still enact some contingency plan if killing the Eater fails, and maybe even if accelerating him causes a catastrophe.

((Eep, my wording didn't come across!

Yes, this is what my thoughts are following--if I go alone, there's no telling what could happen if its just me and a roll; that I need others here if its going to work {it seems...better than offering the sarcophagus up via amp anyway. Apologies to Tek and the rest on that note if I'm intruding.}))

((I'll volunteer to ride shotgun, because I've got the voidsuit, and I still haven't found out if I can carry live passengers. I know I can take inanimate objects, so I might be able to haul the Eater in with me, and leave it behind. I would only do that as a last, last resort though. Don't want it and Timmy conspiring together... anyway, I'll ride with Feyri if she wants.))
((I'm very alright with this--I just want everyone to be ok and efficient here. Not...to intrude.
And I would've said this all IC anyway :P))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 25, 2015, 08:46:27 am »

((I like the voidsuit plan. It may have long term consequences, but it will get us out of here alive.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 25, 2015, 11:33:01 am »

((We good to lock in the Tir/Morul go towards the Pit with the Eater, everyone else run like hell plan?))

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 89