Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Noble Blood (TSG)  (Read 6471 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Noble Blood (TSG)
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:35:12 pm »

(Inspired by the new movie Dracula: Untold, set in an alternative future.)

It is the year of our Lord 1605, nearly 200 years after Prince Vlad ousted the invading Ottoman Turks. None of his subjects know of his fate afterward. All they knew was that it was not their prince that returned, but his vassals, imbued with his vampire blood. Prince Vlad's heir was driven out of Castle Dracula and exiled, while the vassals debated and argued endlessly on who should inherit Dracula's castle and lands. Heated words soon gave way to a few blows and finally full-on conflict. The Prince's forces were split between the lords, they themselves turned by their master, and those lieutenants turned their own men, creating a chain of command and a tie of loyalty to the vassals.

The new vampire lords warred for centuries. They used their unholy powers to quickly take lands from mortal lords and kings, with them the mortal peasants who were used as blood cattle. They warred over slaves, necessary to feed their new immortal armies. The Church had noticed the rapid growth of vampires and begun training elite hunters to deal with them, armed with silver, crosses and stakes, the perfect weapon against the hellish lords of Transylvania. These Hunters barricaded the lands around Transylvania with trained hunters, adorned the walls with crosses inlaid with silver, and erected huge towers with a large silver cross, with a movable mirror to direct the sunlight at charging vampires.

Trapped inside their own kingdom, the vampire lords were left to their own devices, leading their immortal armies against each other for eternity. It seemed nothing would ever change, until one day one lord bested another, impaling his rival's heart. You were his subordinate, his second-in-command. The shock of his death nearly knocked you unconscious and sent the rest of your men fleeing in a frenzy. Through sheer willpower you crawled away into a shack and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Now having awoken, you step outside the shack to find the village you were charged with defending burnt down and looted. Corpses lay strewn across the ashen floor. The livestock were slaughtered and the fields trampled and razed. No signs of mortal life were to be seen. You are completely alone, without a master. Your men have abandoned you and you suffer from an incredibly painful headache, as well as memory loss.

What is my name? (Your name)

What year is it? (Your age)

I'm a... (male/female)

Before I swore allegiance, I was once a:

...nobleman's child. (Bonus to social skills and dealing with nobles.)

...soldier. (Bonus to fighting and dealing with soldiers.)

...merchant. (Bonus to trade and dealing with commoners.)

...student of the monastery. (Bonus to fighting Hunters and vampires.)

...traveler. (Bonus to all except fighting Hunters and Vampires. Everyone will be more wary of you as well.)

My master was:

...Baron Wilhelm, a warlord. (Bonus to recruiting and training soldiers.)

...Lord Dalas, the peoples' man. (Bonus to serfs and villages.)

...Duke Halmar, the wealthiest of lords. (Bonus to trade.)

...Count Olaf, with the purest bloodline. (Your vampire minions require less blood and can travel in daylight (as long as they wear fully covering robes.))

My goal is to:

...escape Transylvania. (Prepare to either sneak or siege the Holy Wall to break yourself out.)

...rule Transylvania. (Through diplomacy or war, convince the six remaining lords to bow down to you. They must be alive or replaced if they die.)

...free yourself from vampirism. (Kill all remaining lords and therefore their slaves.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Blood (TSG)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:56:16 am »

What is my name? Sorina

What year is it? Turned in the year of the Lord 1452, at 30 years of age

I'm a... Female

My master was:
...Count Olaf, with the purest bloodline. (Your vampire minions require less blood and can travel in daylight (as long as they wear fully covering robes.))

My goal is to:
...rule Transylvania. For now.

( I was not sure what you meant with "what year is it", as your first sentence set it to 1605, so I backtracked the date? Hope that answers the question. Else, quite intriuged. )

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 01:26:09 am »

What is my name? Sorina

I'm a... Female

My master was:

My goal is to:

( I was not sure what you meant with "what year is it", as your first sentence set it to 1605, so I backtracked the date? Hope that answers the question. Else, quite intriuged. )
+1~

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:29:13 am »

Yeah, I kinda guessed it would be kind of confusing. I just thought it sounded better than "How old am I?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 01:56:48 am »

What is my name? Radu Dalca Alexandrescu

What year is it? Turned in the year of the Lord 1492, at 22 years of age

I'm a... Male

My master was:

My goal is to:
...rule Transylvania. The situation of Transylvania has remained stagnant for too long. To survive the inevitable crusade the Church shall send there must be change. I will be that change.

What does 'TSG' stand for?

...free yourself from vampirism. (Kill all remaining lords and therefore their slaves.)
Does this mean we have to kill their slaves as well or that by killing the lords their slaves will automatically die? If the latter then why are we not dead and why did the rest of our lord's men flee rather than drop dead?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:58:57 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 02:05:34 am »

What is my name? Radu Dalca Alexandrescu

What year is it? Turned in the year of the Lord 1492, at 22 years of age

I'm a... Male

My master was:

My goal is to:
...rule Transylvania. The situation of Transylvania has remained stagnant for too long. To survive the inevitable crusade the Church shall send there must be change. I will be that change.

What does 'TSG' stand for?

Does this mean we have to kill their slaves as well or that by killing the lords their slaves will automatically die? If the latter then why are we not dead and why did the rest of our lord's men flee rather than drop dead?
+1
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 02:33:15 am »

TSG stands for text suggestion game. When you kill their masters the minions become feral and soon die after. You survived by being a high ranking vampire while maintaining an incredibly high amount of willpower.
Dying of laughter?

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 05:59:45 am »

What is my name? Sorina

I'm a... Female

My master was:

My goal is to:

+1
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 08:06:35 am »

Your name is Sorina, the former second of Count Olaf the Pure. After years spent with your men, indulging with them the secrets of vampiric and unholy lore you learnt from the monastery they looked to you as a teacher and a master. With advanced knowledge on vampires your men had an edge over your opponents for years. All that has come to an end now, after that war-pig Wilhelm betrayed your master's trust and broke their truce. His men raided the town you were stationed in, with your master visiting to collect his dues. After hours of fighting through the night Wilhelm struck a mortal blow with his stake, leaving you and your army in confusion and pain while they rode away with slaves and weapons.

Day is soon approaching. The first beams of the sun shine through the dark clouds while you walk through the deserted streets. You listen intently and hear some of your men growling and screaming. In an alleyway two of them are viciously clawing each other. You are still too weak to exert control over them, so you pick up your pace and move along. There seems to be nothing but savage vampires in the town, up until you reach the town borders. A single figure, impaled through the heart is slowly crawling back into the town.

You rush towards it, knowing inside it is your master. You fall on your knees and help him up, but the once great vampire is too weak to get up anymore. The youth is quickly fading, and with each passing moment he resembles a corpse more and more. He frantically pulls you closer so you may hear him.

"My loyal Sorina, I knew you were better than the savages I called men," he wheezed. "I knew you would find me. That's why I struggled so hard to stay alive, perhaps now not in vain." His sweet words start to move you. "I tried to find you after I came to. I thought my men would regain their senses after I woke, but they were too weak, and they further worsened my wounds, shoved the stake even closer to my heart."

Olaf spat. "The fools have only sealed their fate." He struggles to sit up, then looks at the sunbeams start to shine. "Quickly! Help me! I cannot die yet! Take me to shelter! Hide me, minion!" You desperately want to save your master, but the stake has already pierced his heart too deeply to heal. Not even your advanced knowledge could stop his death.

You:

...drag him into shelter. The only houses with enough cover are quite far. If you dragged him there you would definitely be hurt badly by the sun, however keeping him alive long enough will allow you to keep the ferals at bay and grow strong enough to take control once more, until Olaf dies.

...leave him. Run to shelter. You will make it in time unscathed, but his death will definitely further the insanity of the ferals.

...drain him of his blood. Kill him and drink his blood. This will give you a great advantage as well as taking control of his men, but you will be seen by someone and tales of your horrendous crime will soon spread. You also have a chance to be greatly injured by the sun.
Dying of laughter?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 10:14:06 am »

... drain him of his blood.
While his fate is sealed, we can still advance it - With deep regrets, we will take control of his bloodline. Before we do so, assure our master that he will have retribution on Wilhelm.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 12:06:57 pm »

Drag him to the shelter. We aren't a savage.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »

While his fate is sealed, we can still advance it - With deep regrets, we will take control of his bloodline. Before we do so, assure our master that he will have retribution on Wilhelm.

Play the villain! +1

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »

Play the villain! +1
+1. Kill any witnesses, claim control of the rest.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 04:57:22 pm »

...drag him to the shelter.
We have no idea how much the sun can hurt us and what sunburn can do. If we stick around we "have a chance to be greatly injured by the sun". If we're very unlucky the damage may be permanent.

Furthermore, the sun could just weaken us more than Olaf's blood strengthens us which could actually leave us with even less control of the ferals.

It'll also be pretty difficult to kill witnesses if we do. We already have a good chance to be 'greatly injured by the sun'. Odds are we won't be in a state to find any witnesses let alone kill them. Even if we do find out who saw us they'll have a head start in spreading the news seeing as how they didn't waste their time drinking their master's blood and they won't have been crippled by the sun.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 05:10:49 pm »

They are feral right now, and even more so when Olaf kicks the bucket for good. Feral, fighting eachother and soon in sunlight. We got the upper hand here, and anyone sane should stick out from the crowd for us to chace down and kill.
We should look out if there are any sane looking vampires nearby that could see and understand what we are about to do first, call them in to "help" with our lord and kill them off first, then it's dinner time.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6