Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat  (Read 19026 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gǔn chōng rén: Roll to be Chow Yun-fat
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2014, 07:09:31 pm »

See what I can find out about this carriage heist.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »

Like cmon how many bumps must be made
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2014, 07:32:02 am »

((Sorry for the lack of posts! I've been sick IRL for the last 4 days..))

Leap onto his back and try to pin him to the floor.
[Fit:3+1] vs [Fit:2+1] You manage to leap onto his back, but he is too strong for you to force him to the ground. He draws a flail with his right hand and tries to grab you with his left.

Swiftly aim at his neck for a decapitation. He's quite large, so I'll add extra force to my slice.
[Fit:2+1] vs [Fit:3+1] You muster a powerful slice towards his neck, but he sees the attack coming and parries with his flail.

Sneak attack to his right arm, hopefully disabling it.
[Fit:5] vs [Fit:3+1] You throw a dagger, hitting the upper right arm! Dŕshān howls with anger and/or pain and seems to have some trouble swinging his flail with that arm.

Dŕshān
Enraged, he [Fit:4+1] tries to grab Zian and gets hold of his leg, hurling him off his back and towards Cǎo Diŕn. With his rider removed, he draws his second flail.

Head for a market place, preferably one with a lack of guards in the general area.
You head to the local market, being in the slums it's usually not heavily guarded.

See what I can find out about this carriage heist.
Well, you've found some documents detailing the heist, however you keep getting distracted by the massive fight taking place while you try to read.

blazing glory

« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:31 am »

Get up and make a running slide underneath him, make a...uncivilized strike underneath him.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2014, 03:52:49 pm »

Catch/redirect Zian's momentum, so he lands advantageously.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2014, 04:01:01 pm »

Help the lady shop. Try to gently steer her away from trouble.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2014, 08:09:29 pm »

Slash the knees, aiming to cut off both legs, then move back
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2014, 11:49:14 pm »

Get involved in the fight, assist with my Twin Hooks.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2014, 04:13:29 am »

Catch/redirect Zian's momentum, so he lands advantageously.
[Fit:3] You try to catch Zian flying and flailing wildly in your general direction. Unforunately you don't manage perfectly and instead stop his flying body with your own, sending you both sprawling on the floor.

Get up and make a running slide underneath him, make a...uncivilized strike underneath him.
You get up from the slide, gather your senses and charge towards the giant. ((Delayed action, you will strike last due to being thrown away))

Slash the knees, aiming to cut off both legs, then move back
[Fit:2+1] You once again slice at the giant, this time at the knees. Your blade hits at an awkward angle and not with enough force, only managing to bleed him a little.

Get involved in the fight, assist with my Twin Hooks.
[Fit:4] You attack with your hooks, causing visible damage to him and snapping some of the leather straps, destabilizing his harness.

Dŕshān

Now completely furious, he [Fit:4+1]swings his left flail with his still-good arm at Lee([Fit:6+1]) and Zhou([Fit:1]). Lee manages to dodge away with flawless grace, resulting in Zhou getting hit straight in the face with an audible crunch.

Zhou flies to the floor, unconscious.

[Fit:2+1]Zian comes running, sliding in with claws drawn and ready to strike. However, the broken finger snags in the giants garments, ending the slide early having caused only minor damage to his legs and thighs. You're now behind him, prone.

Attempt to locate a market stall selling shady stuff.
[Luck:5] You find a stall selling.. pottery. The merchant claims to sell specialized "pottery" for any purpose.

Help the lady shop. Try to gently steer her away from trouble.
[Wit:4] You're fairly sure she's already in a lot of trouble and would have it no other way.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2014, 04:26:06 am »

Observe mysterious pottery. What is this strange man selling?

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2014, 05:04:13 am »

Observe mysterious pottery. What is this strange man selling?
[Wit:5] You're fairly sure it isn't just pottery and that the pots are just symbolic goods - what you pay for is probably contraband, information or services. The merchant is very proud of his "specialized pots for any situation or need".

Try to start on the right foot with the shopkeeper by using my beauty.

"Excuse me, do you happen to know where anyone of notable power would reside currently? And on another note, what are you selling?"

[Cha:4] "Pots! All kinds of pottery and jars for any situation or need. Custom made, delivery time depends on the order, of course.. As to your first question, that depends on how you define power... and notable."

blazing glory

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2014, 05:56:42 am »

Get up and focus on avoiding a incoming blow.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2014, 03:27:50 pm »

Throw a knife at his leg.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2014, 03:38:08 pm »

Do not look complicit in any threats of murder.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2014, 04:42:28 pm »

use Zian's sacrifice to the full extent! Stab the giant in the heart, and drag the blade upwards.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11