Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 183959 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 24, 2015, 07:50:19 am »

That is a very articulate sentence for someone that, by RAW, is barely able to speak and operate at a human level.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 24, 2015, 07:55:24 am »

That sentence was the sum total of his/her years of paladin training. Palm cards may or may not have been involved. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 24, 2015, 08:05:06 am »

3 intelligence is literally animal level, isn't it?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:00 am »

No, that's only 1 and 2.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 24, 2015, 09:53:32 am »

Since my group's been playing Horde of the Dragon Queen, I see it's not too bad, but I'm not sure what advantages it has over any random homebrew setting. If I was playing a D&D setting for the setting itself, I'd pick among Eberron, Spelljammer, or Dark Sun.

What about Planescape?
Well, those are my top 3 settings. Also, coincidentally enough, I don't think any of them could interact with the Planescape cosmology (by either having a different planar model or being entirely cut off from the planes, in Athas's case).

Spelljammer does by default (except in the Pholgiston, which is cut off from the planes like Athas)

I think both Planescape and Spelljammer has that "this setting is ALL OF THE SETTINGS" thing going on.

Except Dragonlance. Because Copyright.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 24, 2015, 01:44:01 pm »

3 intelligence is literally animal level, isn't it?
No, that's only 1 and 2.
Ah. Housebroken Paladin, I see.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 25, 2015, 08:07:58 am »

It's alright. Paladins in 3.5 get a special mount at 5th level that starts with 6 intelligence and gains an extra point every three levels.

My horse was twice as smart as me.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30:19 am »

It's alright. Paladins in 3.5 get a special mount at 5th level that starts with 6 intelligence and gains an extra point every three levels.

That could be fun - always asking your mount's opinion on things. Even better if the rest of the party begins asking the mount instead of you.

Unrelated, I'm a little disappointed that I purchased Eoris and offered to run a game now. Check out a goon review here.

I'm all for dice pools (loved Shadowrun and 7th Sea), but rolling upwards of 12d20 is a bit much on the hands and the dice bag. I've got the dice for it, but I'm the only one out of the group.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:35:40 am by Mephisto »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:17 am »

That could be fun - always asking your mount's opinion on things. Even better if the rest of the party begins asking the mount instead of you.
Why do I have this mental image of a massive hulking armored slightly drooling figure sitting stop a horse whilst it just navigates most of the necessary day-to-day activities?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 25, 2015, 11:00:34 am »

Since my group's been playing Horde of the Dragon Queen, I see it's not too bad, but I'm not sure what advantages it has over any random homebrew setting. If I was playing a D&D setting for the setting itself, I'd pick among Eberron, Spelljammer, or Dark Sun.

What about Planescape?
Well, those are my top 3 settings. Also, coincidentally enough, I don't think any of them could interact with the Planescape cosmology (by either having a different planar model or being entirely cut off from the planes, in Athas's case).

Spelljammer does by default (except in the Pholgiston, which is cut off from the planes like Athas)

I think both Planescape and Spelljammer has that "this setting is ALL OF THE SETTINGS" thing going on.

Except Dragonlance. Because Copyright.

Nope, Dragonlance too:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krynnspace
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:37 pm »

Whilst my paladin had an atrocious intelligence score she was well statted in wisdom and charisma, so her lack of book learning didn't hinder her too much in relating well with other people.

Pathfinder familiars are a pain. If a vermin creature gains an intelligence score it's supposed to get a feat and a skill point, but familiars are supposed to be normal creatures even though they gain an intelligence score. I have no idea which way to go on this one.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 26, 2015, 11:01:03 pm »

Ask if it can gain a Player Character Class instead. Why be just a normal rat, when you can be Rat Paladin!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 26, 2015, 11:15:41 pm »

Ask if it can gain a Player Character Class instead. Why be just a normal rat, when you can be Rat Paladin!

Actually IIRC the vermin type in D20 is limited to only creepy-crawly type vermin (worms and bugs)

EDIT:
Unrelated: Is gangsta rap a Perform (Sing) check or a Perform (Oratory) check? Discuss.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:19:37 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 26, 2015, 11:23:00 pm »

Unrelated: Is gangsta rap a Perform (Sing) check or a Perform (Oratory) check? Discuss.
Depends. I would say Oratory, because most of it is spoken word with little actually singing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 26, 2015, 11:25:48 pm »

It depends on implementation. Does the bard do his or her own beatboxing, for example? Depending on the rap, it can be a lot more rhythmic and in-tune than you might expect, which would probably qualify as Perform (Singing), but some are definitely more spoken words with a constraint on syllables. In all honesty, I'd let the bard in question swing whichever they preferred. Flavor is mutable!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 131