Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 183951 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #1380 on: January 12, 2016, 04:02:07 pm »

WOTC released a 5e SRD.
Oh, hey. Cool. I think I might have to participate in a 5e game at some point now.

Is this one missing any critical information? I remember 3.5's SRD didn't have rules for crucial bits like leveling up or starting gold.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 12, 2016, 04:22:43 pm »

WOTC released a 5e SRD.
Oh, hey. Cool. I think I might have to participate in a 5e game at some point now.

Is this one missing any critical information? I remember 3.5's SRD didn't have rules for crucial bits like leveling up or starting gold.

They didn't seem to have starting gold, but something like this for example seems to show what changes a level up brings?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 12, 2016, 04:32:23 pm »

WOTC released a 5e SRD.
SHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILL
The most notable missing components are a few subclasses, and backgrounds. Both can be found through other avenues easily, if you know where to look.[/subtext]

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 12, 2016, 04:40:52 pm »

They didn't seem to have starting gold, but something like this for example seems to show what changes a level up brings?
Eh, that doesn't have everything; the 3.5 SRD doesn't have any experience point tables, mention when players get feats, or when you get ability score increases.
SHILLSHILLSHILLSHILLSHILL
Exce--
I will be accepting 4 players.
* Tawarochir bides his time
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 12, 2016, 05:03:55 pm »

That was about a year ago. I wouldn't be shilling it if I weren't interested in another player. And judging how the party almost got curb stomped by little not than a bakers dozen of kobolds... They could use some help. :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 12, 2016, 05:10:00 pm »

That was about a year ago. I wouldn't be shilling it if I weren't interested in another player. And judging how the party almost got curb stomped by little not than a bakers dozen of kobolds... They could use some help. :P
Yes, that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 12, 2016, 05:27:05 pm »

A year of posts is pretty much do make one's way through on afterhand, though ;)
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 12, 2016, 05:51:04 pm »

I'd be tempted to join again if Sweetpea didn't fail so completely to be interesting.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 12, 2016, 06:15:10 pm »

WOTC released a 5e SRD.
Released the day before I was going to run my first game too! This is excellent news.

EDIT:
So I started running this game last night and I should have known that my players are fucking idiots who decided to murder three innocent commoners when they were caught trying to steal back the money they lost in gambling.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:56:51 pm by Gamedragon »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 17, 2016, 12:14:37 pm »

Current game, I've gone a bit loopy.
I'm following the Paladin around, hoping he can find me people to kill.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:51 pm »

Latest D&D 5e adventure had been announced. It's going to be Ravenloft.
Also, the adventure is randomized: where you go, what you fight, and all that stuff is decided by a pack of cards.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 19, 2016, 04:33:17 pm »

So, anyone else really into RuneQuest and Glorantha?

Nudge nudge wink wink look at my signature.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 19, 2016, 04:53:48 pm »

Anyone here played Risk Legacy?  How playable is it with less than 5 people?  (I doubt I can get 5 in- probably just 3 or 4.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 19, 2016, 04:55:21 pm »

Anyone here played Risk Legacy?  How playable is it with less than 5 people?  (I doubt I can get 5 in- probably just 3 or 4.)

Probably have the same problem Risk always has with too few players: One player steamrolls and wrecks the rest and there's nothing everyone else can do.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 20, 2016, 09:23:12 pm »

Looking at BGG, I'm seeing people say that you definitely want at least 4.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 131