Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: The All Guardsmen Party  (Read 46405 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The All Guardsmen Party
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2015, 11:58:44 pm »

I'm not sure if I'd describe active tech-heresy and subversion of the Adaptus Mechanicus alongside having rescued and subsequently willingly abetted a Tau xeno scum the course of action least likely to get purged. Frankly, the only major taboo the party hasn't broken by now is sympathy for Chaos, and that could be just one failure in the Occurrence Border away.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2015, 11:58:08 am »

I'm not sure if I'd describe active tech-heresy and subversion of the Adaptus Mechanicus alongside having rescued and subsequently willingly abetted a Tau xeno scum the course of action least likely to get purged. Frankly, the only major taboo the party hasn't broken by now is sympathy for Chaos, and that could be just one failure in the Occurrence Border away.

Luckily, the Inquisition gets a lot of leeway with this sort of thing when their local cogboys are on the liberal end of the "disconcerting metal tinkerer" scale, like the interrogator who stayed behind on the xenotech-purchasing world and his sword that occasionally whispers about blood.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:59:48 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2015, 04:24:31 pm »

This is perhaps one of the best tales of backwards valor and absolute badassery that I've read in a long time. Glorious!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2015, 04:23:25 pm »

I do like reading this crap, keep it coming.

I say it's good enough to be an official warhammer thingy, but whatever it's a good story.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2015, 01:59:54 pm »

Is this still going on? If so, YESH. If not, aww. Good job, man. Or woman. Or neither. Or something in between.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2015, 03:32:49 pm »

Is this still going on? If so, YESH. If not, aww. Good job, man. Or woman. Or neither. Or something in between.
It is. Just takes a while to update, I think.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2015, 07:27:59 pm »

Once a month or 2 if I remember right.  The google page says 'this friday'.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2015, 11:14:11 pm »

I swear, it actually will be this Friday. It's all written, I'm just not coherent enough to post it right now.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2015, 02:14:24 am »

I actually meant to ask Bomepie if he was still doing sessions with his pals.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2015, 05:17:33 pm »

Next time on the AGP: Daemonhost Eldar Genestealers vs Orks with orkified Necron weaponry :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2015, 05:22:41 pm »

What I want to know is how Oak has been rogue all this time yet liaisoned the Emperor's Scythes. Either they didn't know or didn't care, but the latter brings up some interesting and heretical implications.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2015, 05:41:23 pm »

Or he pissed somebody (the Scythes, maybe?) off and got declared a heretic.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »

Yeah - him going rogue must be a very new thing, seeing as he worked with other, very senior inquisitors and the Ordo Judis didnt flip their balls off when they not-quite arrested the OB
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2015, 07:07:35 pm »

Well, sorry it took so long, but here it finally is: the conclusion of the whole Zoanthrope Arc

The All Guardsmen Party: Tyranid Delivery Experts Part 2
HTML: https://googledrive.com/host/0B3Z9sXPTD9rpN2owNGdVWmdFWXM/d2.html

SupTG Archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43990923/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44027113/

Image Thing: http://imgur.com/gallery/wGzlU

I actually meant to ask Bomepie if he was still doing sessions with his pals.
I am not currently. We finished the AGP campaign a few months ago, and won't be starting another till late spring or summer.

Next time on the AGP: Daemonhost Eldar Genestealers vs Orks with orkified Necron weaponry :P
Yeah, the lets mix two 40k things together to make something EVEN WORSE has gotten to be a thing, the DM calmed down with it after this though.

What I want to know is how Oak has been rogue all this time yet liaisoned the Emperor's Scythes. Either they didn't know or didn't care, but the latter brings up some interesting and heretical implications.
Or he pissed somebody (the Scythes, maybe?) off and got declared a heretic.
Yeah - him going rogue must be a very new thing, seeing as he worked with other, very senior inquisitors and the Ordo Judis didnt flip their balls off when they not-quite arrested the OB

It's a very confused situation aint it? In retrospect we should've gotten REALLY nervous when the DM cut off our communications.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2015, 10:34:46 am »

Thoughts after reading last chapter (which was a nice read and hilarious, as always):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13