Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 441158 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Upbeat Giraffe - WE STABLE NOW - Two and counting
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2015, 09:47:49 pm »

If you look around carefully in the starter system you can probably dig up one or two from tech chests, but no guarantees.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2015, 12:05:46 pm »

Turns out that I found a shield that completely nullified the beam damage from the first boss, and it was a cakewalk (I may have found a bug.) Now I'm stuck trying to either find uranium or beat Dreadwing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2015, 09:48:57 am »

Yeah, shields nullify damage until they have received the same amount of damage as their health, at which point your guard breaks and you need to keep the shield in your hand for it to regenerate the health.
If you block at the right time, they receive no damage.
I don't recall that being the case for some reason, but even then it'll only be good for single hits. The boss's beams do continuous damage, and a two-hander can soak up much more of it than a shield.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2015, 10:33:42 am »

Yeah, shields nullify damage until they have received the same amount of damage as their health, at which point your guard breaks and you need to keep the shield in your hand for it to regenerate the health.
I don't recall that being the case for some reason, but even then it'll only be good for single hits. The boss's beams do continuous damage, and a two-hander can soak up much more of it than a shield.
Also, I died once or twice to that thing because I took damage from a glitchy, invisible beam or something. Highly highly frustrating, but I've beaten it now.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2015, 11:22:55 am »

The latest update allegedly fixed the issue with damage not lining up with the visuals.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2015, 12:37:06 pm »

Also, I died once or twice to that thing because I took damage from a glitchy, invisible beam or something. Highly highly frustrating, but I've beaten it now.
On stage 3 the easy way is to be either under or on top of the beam and wait for the cycle to complete.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2015, 08:32:42 pm »

ptw

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2015, 04:12:24 am »

Well, I came to post that Starbound has changed quite a bit since I last played! (At least the beginning part). Which, I last played about 2-4 months when it was first buyable. So, its been a long time.

I've been really enjoying it a lot. The beginning at least is a lot more fun. Had to remake my character, because guess they wiped at some point...not a big deal.

I just left the part where you get the core shards and at the gate (so still in the beginning). Think unlike last time, all my stuff is gonna be on the ship and I'll just travel around. Instead of having a base on a main planet which gets a bit boring to be honest. Since I wanted to play with my friend too, I got a couple of the mods he uses (just 3 I got, one adds a bunch of quests, another adds more biomes and one adds tons of music). I think one added a companion early on, as I got a dude called Love Jones or something like that. Or maybe its part of the "newer" starbound. In any case...it was cool...put him on my ship and now I have a two man (including me) crew :D Pretty much made me decide to live on the ship and travel around on it.

I haven't really seen anything else yet, but the beginning before entering the gate. But it sure is different at the start, than it used to be.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2015, 04:17:04 am »

I think one added a companion early on, as I got a dude called Love Jones or something like that. Or maybe its part of the "newer" starbound.
Well...you do get a cat [secret-get], but I've no idea how to...use the cat other than have it trail behind me. But not a new crewman. :c

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2015, 04:20:00 am »

PTW and hopefully find someone to play with.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2015, 09:09:10 pm »

Made my first cup of coffee :D Not including the mission one.

Now my ship is growing coffee plants, and now I can travel the solar systems with coffee :D Spreading coffee joy to all.

(it was really complicated to make a simple cup of coffee rofl)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2015, 09:16:05 pm »

Made my first cup of coffee :D Not including the mission one.

Now my ship is growing coffee plants, and now I can travel the solar systems with coffee :D Spreading coffee joy to all.

(it was really complicated to make a simple cup of coffee rofl)
Mmmh, that tasty scent of boiled neurotoxin beans.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2015, 09:27:22 pm »

SPAAACE COFFEEEEE EMPIIIIREEEE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2015, 11:46:01 pm »

I filled one of the large rooms of my human starship to the roof with coffee. Worth it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 24, 2015, 12:03:54 am »

What is so good about cofee?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 130