Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 441002 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1215 on: July 29, 2016, 06:31:00 am »

You can leave the starter planet and go to any of the other planets in the system, which should most/all have tungsten; the FTL drive is only necessary for inter-system travel. The mining facility has a guaranteed-spawn shotgun that completely trivializes the mooks. The first also means that you can upgrade your Inventor's Table and build an Apothecary for bandages.

Nope. Not anymore. You can't even open the door to the cockpit. >_>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 29, 2016, 06:58:17 am »

Wait, seriously?

I mean, I just rushed through with the starting gear because it felt like the mission was a lot easier, but that's kinda dumb.

Doesn't negate the point about the shotgun, though. The actual boss fight is a complete joke and the shotgun can 2-3 shot everything else.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 29, 2016, 07:10:08 am »

Ohh yaeh that reminds me

Dreadwing is the toughest boss in the game, hands down.

MOSTLY in an unfun way to admit... but still toughest.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:18:21 am by Neonivek »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 29, 2016, 07:13:39 am »

Wait, seriously?

I mean, I just rushed through with the starting gear because it felt like the mission was a lot easier, but that's kinda dumb.

Doesn't negate the point about the shotgun, though. The actual boss fight is a complete joke and the shotgun can 2-3 shot everything else.
Shotgun?
The only gun I got was a sniper rifle, where do you find the shotgun?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 29, 2016, 07:24:54 am »

Wait, seriously?

Shotgun?
The only gun I got was a sniper rifle, where do you find the shotgun?

Hm, maybe it's random after all. Just assumed because I encountered a bunch of people talking about the exact same thing that I got.

Either way though, a gun is a gun and the mobs are mostly slow melee types.

3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1220 on: July 29, 2016, 07:26:55 am »

Ohh yaeh that reminds me

Really? A buddy and I did dreadwing immediately after the mining facility. It was difficult but with some dodging and ranged weapons we kicked his ass.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 29, 2016, 07:28:49 am »

Ohh yaeh that reminds me

Really? A buddy and I did dreadwing immediately after the mining facility. It was difficult but with some dodging and ranged weapons we kicked his ass.

Congrats! you beat the toughest boss in the game!

Prepare for the next boss! Where you could literally win without doing a single thing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1222 on: July 29, 2016, 07:59:44 am »

Huh. You get the quest right after so I thought it was the next progression. We did it before we'd even unlocked the tech powers.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 29, 2016, 08:03:20 am »

Naw dreadwing is like a -side- boss of sorts.  That said, neon's not being fair to the bosses... me and him got pretty much top quality gear after dreadwing.  If you don't make a point of trying to get the best stuff you can some of the other story bosses can be difficult... with the best gear they are laughably easy so far though (Done 5 of 6 of the keys so far)
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 29, 2016, 08:09:45 am »

Naw dreadwing is like a -side- boss of sorts.  That said, neon's not being fair to the bosses... me and him got pretty much top quality gear after dreadwing.  If you don't make a point of trying to get the best stuff you can some of the other story bosses can be difficult... with the best gear they are laughably easy so far though (Done 5 of 6 of the keys so far)

Ehhhhhhh... I'd still say the 3rd boss is the easiest in the game without any competition... and I soloed that boss while under equipped...

And the 4th boss is nothing special. I'd definitely say Dreadwing is tougher then him (if only because Dreadwing can stay outside your visual range)

To admit Dreadwing is drastically different with a party than solo.

5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th... ok I didn't QUITE give it credit. Though by the time your at the 5th, you pretty much should have him down.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:35:30 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 29, 2016, 08:48:29 am »

Yeah, the Floran hunt boss is really easy because you have best plantgirl there to help kill it, and it's not very dangerous besides.

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 29, 2016, 09:34:55 am »

You can leave the starter planet and go to any of the other planets in the system, which should most/all have tungsten; the FTL drive is only necessary for inter-system travel. The mining facility has a guaranteed-spawn shotgun that completely trivializes the mooks. The first also means that you can upgrade your Inventor's Table and build an Apothecary for bandages.

Nope. Not anymore. You can't even open the door to the cockpit. >_>
The more I hear about the current version the more annoyingly meh it sounds.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 29, 2016, 09:48:11 am »

Yeah, the Floran hunt boss is really easy because you have best plantgirl there to help kill it, and it's not very dangerous besides.

I think that the "Boss Dungeon" that is probably the worst would probably have to be the Sea People (who I dare not remember how to type).

It is just a tour.

Thank goodness the boss of it is pretty awesome (albeit easy if you know the pattern... with one cheapo move)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 29, 2016, 10:56:38 am »

I think that the "Boss Dungeon" that is probably the worst would probably have to be the Sea People (who I dare not remember how to type).

It is just a tour.

Thank goodness the boss of it is pretty awesome (albeit easy if you know the pattern... with one cheapo move)
Before this I was going "why do all of you think the third boss is so easy? It was pretty frigging cool and challenging to me".

Then I realized I completely forgot about the actual third boss. That stupid worthless spider thing.

----

Apparently I hit the ship size cap. Feels a bit small but eh...

Also an update just came out:
http://playstarbound.com/1-0-3-changelog/

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1229 on: July 29, 2016, 12:35:56 pm »

Is there any efficient way to explore asteroids? I'm always afraid I'm going to hit the bottom and die.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 130