Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 441059 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1260 on: July 30, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »

Devil's Advocate here, nowhere in the game does it explicitly state "Single Player" :V

You have Start Game, Join Game, Options, and Quit. That's it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 30, 2016, 08:43:52 pm »

I finally found enough Floran scans, but I think(hope) my Floran boss fight bugged out. It sat motionless, doing nothing other than breaking or unbreaking its shell for most of the fight, then finally started dropping spawns when it was nearly dead.

I'm really disappointed that they reduced techs down to: a weak and unneeded combat mobility option, a few variants of double jumping, and a morph ball (which only matters for purists who don't mod to allow digging in dungeons). Hopefully someone will mod in some interesting options. In the mean time, I'll amuse myself by seeing how many fluffy space raptors I can house in my ship.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 30, 2016, 08:53:01 pm »

There's a mod that restores the old dash functionality, and another one that just buffs it a bit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 30, 2016, 08:56:05 pm »

What, are those the only options now? I assumed I'd still be able to find other techs like bubble jump, or whatever we used to have, in the wild.

I'm totally serious. It's guaranteed.

Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Just to make sure, everyone knows about the flower headwear item, right? That's also on Earth.

I don't know about it?
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 30, 2016, 09:00:08 pm »

The flower is located near that big, gnarly tree before the graduation ceremony. It's purple-ish. You can interact with it like a chest or crop.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 31, 2016, 06:32:33 am »

Was inspired to draw a sketch, in tribute to yet another game that's become lost to me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 31, 2016, 08:00:05 am »

Man, is the new hotbar that bad? I really find it alright, not perfect, maybe, but I'm not a connoisseur of hotbars, two blocks for every section, which correspond to the left and right mouse buttons, what made the original hotbar better?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1267 on: July 31, 2016, 08:17:59 am »

I had no problems with the hotbar, but I wasn't burdened with a 'how it used to be' chip on my shoulder either

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 31, 2016, 08:22:35 am »

How exactly were you able to keep both a two-handed and a one-handed weapon in the left-right slots on the old hotbar? I remember two-handers taking up both slots.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 31, 2016, 08:30:00 am »

How exactly were you able to keep both a two-handed and a one-handed weapon in the left-right slots on the old hotbar? I remember two-handers taking up both slots.
They didn't take up both. You were still only able to wield either one two-handed or two one-handed items, but the main L/R slots allowed you to keep two-handed items in them. With a setup like that, you immediately had your 2-handed weapon out if you pressed the key for default items, but any 1-handed item on the hotbar was paired up with the 1-handed weapon in the R slot.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 31, 2016, 08:30:56 am »

They didn't take up both. You were still only able to wield either one two-handed or two one-handed items, but the main L/R slots allowed you to keep two-handed items in them. With a setup like that, you immediately had your 2-handed weapon out if you pressed the key for default items, but any 1-handed item on the hotbar was paired up with the 1-handed weapon in the R slot.
And it was fucking fantastic.

3. Run Resize Enable

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 31, 2016, 08:31:27 am »

I can see how that would not work anymore with the special attacks for two handed weapons being bound to right click.
Nom nom nom

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 31, 2016, 09:11:06 am »

The only bad thing about playing a Floran is that you get an awful purple snake pet (like I need another) instead of a SUPER CUTIE KITTEH KITTEH
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 31, 2016, 10:08:57 am »

I can see how that would not work anymore with the special attacks for two handed weapons being bound to right click.
They could always have taken the sane option and let people rebind their controls. Same deal with the techs, the double-tap to dash is moronic but it's even worse when you can't change it.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 31, 2016, 10:13:27 am »

My only grievance with hotbar, although it is pretty damning for me personally, is the four slots in the middle dedicated to Matter Manipulator. I primarily use my scroll wheel to navigate the hotbar, and the four extra unusable spaces in the middle suck. Since I don't want to look away when surprise combat happens, I have to set up everything around the fact that I can only really use three configurations at a time.

I really like the hotkeys for MM and functions, but the location in the middle makes it so for all intents and purposes I have two 3 slot hotbars not one 6 slot. It just really limits what I can put on my hotbar, and where I can put it. Otherwise I find myself flailing on the hotbar and or wasting valuable time looking at the bar in combat.

Also using the number keys isn't practical since that uses the same hand that is needed to dodge enemies.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:15:39 am by Jiokuy »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 130