Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 439281 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1650 on: August 13, 2016, 01:02:31 pm »

I'd need to build walls around him to contain it. He doesn't beam down. Not that that would be a problem.

Frankly, the only reason I haven't tried to kill him is because it's convenient to be able to sell vendor trash to him onboard my ship.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 13, 2016, 01:12:08 pm »

I honestly have no idea.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 13, 2016, 01:36:47 pm »

The mod is Earth's Finest (probably). It changes janitors (waste of space) into quartermasters (actually worth having). I like parentheses (a lot).
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 13, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »

I do have that installed. Cheers. (Me too!)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 13, 2016, 09:49:29 pm »

You can actually just flood your ship with lava, because it'll slowly drain, any crew members still in the roster will respawn at the teleporter (along with your pet), lava doesn't break furniture or containers to my knowledge, and you're mostly invincible on your ship. The only downside is it's annoying to wait for it to finish draining, and you don't get it back. But there are lava ocean planets, so it doesn't matter I guess...
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 13, 2016, 10:03:19 pm »

Might sound funny but I think once I got a fully upgraded ship... I might just get rid of my entire crew since they annoyingly hover around the teleporter and chests.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 13, 2016, 10:32:30 pm »

They don't seem particularly effective in combat either, and don't bring hazard-protection. There's something to be said for distracting enemies, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 13, 2016, 10:44:58 pm »

The mod is Earth's Finest (probably). It changes janitors (waste of space) into quartermasters (actually worth having). I like parentheses (a lot).
Where do y'all get these kinds of awesome things @_@ (And if installed, does it override anything or can it be compatible with the vanilla file?). REALLY curious because I have the silly feeling that there's a whole tunnel network under this thread about awesome mods and whatnot that is a secret to everyone but me. :P But I'm silly that way.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 13, 2016, 10:56:38 pm »

I get my mods from Chucklefish's official forums under the Mods category or NexusMods. Most of the good mods don't remove anything vanilla, just add stuff. If you have questions about installing them, let me know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 13, 2016, 10:57:12 pm »

workshop for me

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 13, 2016, 10:59:29 pm »

Steam Workshop is where I've gotten all of my mods. Easy install and uninstall.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 13, 2016, 11:00:29 pm »

Might sound funny but I think once I got a fully upgraded ship... I might just get rid of my entire crew since they annoyingly hover around the teleporter and chests.
Tell me about it, they're completely obnoxious. T.T

Except the medic. Getting topped off without needing to use a bed is a nice time-saver.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 13, 2016, 11:01:35 pm »

The crew mod they'e talking about is Earth's Finest: Crew Upgrade or something like that, it can be slapped directly on top of a vanilla game, no penalty or bugs. The only mods that need a universe/character wipe are ones that add new buildings, dungeons, villages, biomes, etc. that are randomly generated. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problem adding mods to a vanilla game. Like the people above me said, Workshop is great for mods.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 13, 2016, 11:13:51 pm »

The crew mod they'e talking about is Earth's Finest: Crew Upgrade or something like that, it can be slapped directly on top of a vanilla game, no penalty or bugs. The only mods that need a universe/character wipe are ones that add new buildings, dungeons, villages, biomes, etc. that are randomly generated. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problem adding mods to a vanilla game. Like the people above me said, Workshop is great for mods.
Actually you don't even need to wipe for those things. You just need to explore different places that haven't already been generated.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 13, 2016, 11:45:24 pm »

Anyone know if Earth's Finest is compatible with Frackin' Universe? I don't think FU messes with the follower behavior any (that I've noticed), so it should be good, right?

Where do y'all get these kinds of awesome things @_@ (And if installed, does it override anything or can it be compatible with the vanilla file?). REALLY curious because I have the silly feeling that there's a whole tunnel network under this thread about awesome mods and whatnot that is a secret to everyone but me. :P But I'm silly that way.

+1 to steam workshop. The CF forum does have a mod section but you have to have an account to download any larger ones last time I tried, and the Steamshop is just more convenient.

The way the data files were set up when I tried to add something, it was a lot easier to add an item in than to remove one, so you should be pretty safe adding stuff. Removing mods may cause trouble with your character in some cases, but the times it has for me were generally pretty mild.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 130