Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 439277 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Caveat emptor
« Reply #1740 on: August 18, 2016, 07:07:34 pm »

Yeah, that sounds like something added by FU. Vanilla has barren worlds, which are pretty much just balls of dirt with literally nothing on or in them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 18, 2016, 07:47:04 pm »

...I mean, isn't tabula rasa its own mod?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 18, 2016, 07:57:02 pm »

Good god, why did i have a nostalgic hit when i saw tabula rasa... i miss that game.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 18, 2016, 08:13:34 pm »

There is a mod by that name, yes. It was published recently, so they stole the name. From, like, the same place everyone else steals it from, whatever that is.

It adds a crafting station to supposedly unify crafting for all mods in one place, but somehow fails to achieve this promise - almost all the stuff added by the mods I use was missing from it. It also claims to ignore progression, which seems like an anti-feature to me. (I subscribed, "crafted" it (which required no items), tried it, trashed it, and unsubscribed)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 18, 2016, 08:21:41 pm »

There is a mod by that name, yes. It was published recently, so they stole the name. From, like, the same place everyone else steals it from, whatever that is.

That would be John Locke. No, not the dude from Lost. The other one.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 19, 2016, 01:19:27 pm »

The game is fun, but has similiar inventory management annoyances that you have in Terraria. Have not played terraria in a while. I dont like icon based inventory systems. I wish you can choose to switch to see the words of items if you want to. Look at SkyUI mod for Skyrim. That is how you handle an inventory.

1. Cant stack food. They may fix this. I saw this happened a few months ago with rotting food.
2. need an auto-eat mod that will eat if you get below a certain hunger.
3. auto-delete rotten food. having to pick up to delete. Hotkey for trashing too would be nice.
4. mod to unify crafting stations. Just give us 1, with tabs. Moving around is a total pain
5. Craft from chests. You can do this in Cataclysm DDA. I think there is a mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/Smileys/aaron/kiss.giffor this in terararia or out of the box. Have not palyed in a while. Its a total pain hunting for stuff in chests

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 19, 2016, 02:11:00 pm »

The game is fun, but has similiar inventory management annoyances that you have in Terraria. Have not played terraria in a while. I dont like icon based inventory systems. I wish you can choose to switch to see the words of items if you want to. Look at SkyUI mod for Skyrim. That is how you handle an inventory.

various mods that add equipment or crafting menus have different inventory sorting and filtering systems.  Some are fairly nice, but none of them apply their changes globally to all menus.  I feel like this is something that could be done, but alas it is not.

I'd love to be able to filter and sort be the various tags that each item belongs to (for example, biome or race specific)

1. Cant stack food. They may fix this. I saw this happened a few months ago with rotting food.

yar, the non-stacking food is due to different rotting times.  there are some food stacking mods, most of them work by getting rid of rotting.  one of them works by selecting the worst rotting time in the stack for all items.

My head canon is that your personal storage is some sort of extra-dimensional-stasis that your mater manipulator pulls things into and out of, so I don't feel bad about ditching the spoilage.  This would take care of your #3 also.

2. need an auto-eat mod that will eat if you get below a certain hunger.

I use a mod that cuts your hunger rate in half.  this makes eating much less distracting, without making it meaningless.

5. Craft from chests

IF ONLY

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 19, 2016, 02:39:09 pm »

I'm using the one that takes the worst decay time while stacking.

I have hundreds and hundreds of apples from my apple-tree lumberbot (I finally ripped up the apple trees and replaced them with other trees), my icebox was full of apples before I stacked them; now I take a pile of 50 with me and they decay before I can eat them all. Some day I'll have used them all up and will be able to make actual food again!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 19, 2016, 11:13:45 pm »

It's kinda odd that your hyperdimensional pocket can keep magma hot and snow frozen (at the same time, even), but can't keep a simple apple from going bad in a depressingly short time frame.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1749 on: August 19, 2016, 11:27:05 pm »

It's one of a few poorly thought out mechanics I could mention

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 19, 2016, 11:35:49 pm »

Don't forget you can also safely store poison and food in that thing, with little to no negative side effects.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1751 on: August 19, 2016, 11:39:35 pm »

Oh no I'm drowning I'll just put the water in my pocket

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 21, 2016, 09:31:51 am »

Had an odd problem just now -- seems like one of my characters has lost the coordinates to the science outpost.

I tried crafting a new invite to it and using it -- but I guess it only works once?  Is there any admin command that might reset the quest so I can have the coordinates added back in?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 21, 2016, 10:26:41 pm »

Go to one of the ancient gates on a planet-you should be able to find one somewhere. Go to the Outpost, open one of the teleporters, It'll have you go through the whole "name me" thing again, then you're done. I've done the same thing before; if you're clearing out a bunch of old flag bookmarks, you've got to be careful or else you'll clear that one as well.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 21, 2016, 11:02:20 pm »

Puke's talking about a location added by the FrackinUniverse mod, not the regular outpost. I'm not sure how one would get back to that, actually...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 130