Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489158 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1515 on: November 03, 2016, 08:48:25 am »

Skaven major settlements are Skavenblight (the swamps north of Tobaro), Hellpit (along the southern edge of the mountains north of Kislev) and Crookback Mountain (off the map, there might be a lone mountain there. It's kind of across from Karak Eight Peaks over the edge of the map slightly). The army book I'm looking at also mentions the City of Pillars which is another name for Karak Eight Peaks.

I think Cripple Peak is another major settlement but that's off the map as well, I think around the lake that can be seen in the south east corner.

Skaven would also have a major settlement in Lustria, being where Clan Pestilens comes from and fights against the Lizardmen. Hellpit is the major stronghold of Clan Moulder. Clan Eshin comes from Cathay while Clan Skryre I believe is mostly centered in Skavenblight.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 03, 2016, 10:18:45 am »

Skaven major settlements are Skavenblight (the swamps north of Tobaro), Hellpit (along the southern edge of the mountains north of Kislev) and Crookback Mountain (off the map, there might be a lone mountain there. It's kind of across from Karak Eight Peaks over the edge of the map slightly). The army book I'm looking at also mentions the City of Pillars which is another name for Karak Eight Peaks.

I think Cripple Peak is another major settlement but that's off the map as well, I think around the lake that can be seen in the south east corner.

Skaven would also have a major settlement in Lustria, being where Clan Pestilens comes from and fights against the Lizardmen. Hellpit is the major stronghold of Clan Moulder. Clan Eshin comes from Cathay while Clan Skryre I believe is mostly centered in Skavenblight.
Eshin is actually from even further east: Nippon. Pestilens also operates out of the Southlands, and there are also the numerous minor clans.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 03, 2016, 11:41:36 am »

Eshin is actually from even further east: Nippon. Pestilens also operates out of the Southlands, and there are also the numerous minor clans.
Either way, Skavenblight IS the heart of the Skaven empire. I could see them adding them now, and saving Pestilence for the expansion that goes to lustria for example. I need my rat-folk, so I can have a Skyre army of Doom-Wheels and Warplightning Cannons.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 03, 2016, 12:04:29 pm »

Weren't Clan Pestilens driven out of Lustria by the Lizardmen? I could have sworn they had to abandon their attempt to invade the continent and returned to the Old World to carve out a place among the other clans.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 03, 2016, 12:49:11 pm »

Weren't Clan Pestilens driven out of Lustria by the Lizardmen? I could have sworn they had to abandon their attempt to invade the continent and returned to the Old World to carve out a place among the other clans.
Quick lore check says yes. However during the End Times (approximately when the games seem to be set), Pestilence went back to destroy Lustria, so I still hold they'll be added when Lustria is added.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 03, 2016, 02:15:29 pm »

Quick lore check says yes. However during the End Times (approximately when the games seem to be set), Pestilence went back to destroy Lustria, so I still hold they'll be added when Lustria is added.
I daresay Pestilens, Skryre, Moulder and Eshin will all just be research trees and nothing more.
Much like vampire counts current research tree.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 03, 2016, 02:52:58 pm »

I daresay Pestilens, Skryre, Moulder and Eshin will all just be research trees and nothing more.
Much like vampire counts current research tree.
I think we'll just have a generic Skaven faction, with a few other independent ones for stuff like Hell Pit, and when Lustria is added we'll get Pestilens as it's own faction like Skarsnik and Belegar.

Oh, CA will be doing a AMA (questions about upcoming content excluded) on reddit tomorrow. Questions should be submitted today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 03, 2016, 07:48:57 pm »

Well, I live in Switzerland. And there's only Fanshops of Tabletopstuff around here. I also checked how much it would cost me to order that stupid Magazine. More than double than I payed for the Beastmen DLC.

Kudos to GW for still reminding me that they are a horrible money-grubbing company every once in a while, even after I quit playing Wallethammer on Tabletop.

On the subject of Skaven. I hope they do it similiar to Skarsnik and split the Factions off somewhat. I'm also curious who the LL's are gonna be.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 03, 2016, 08:20:39 pm »

My guess would be Queek Headtaker, Thanquol and Boneripper and Ikit Claw as legendary lords. They're a melee, mage and hybrid melee/mage respectively. Minor issue lore wise is that each lord is a member of a different clan with Queek the second in command of Clan Mors and Ikit Claw second in command of Clan Skryre. Thanquol isn't part of any clan that I know of, being a grey seer.

Other lords could be Throt the Unclean for Clan Moulder, Lord Skrolk for Clan Pestilens and Deathmaster Snikch for Clan Eshin. There's also Tretch Craventail for Clan Rictus though he's more of a chieftain compared to the others. Interestingly, none of the lords are actually the leaders of their clans as all the clan leaders, Morskitter of Skryre, Nurglitch of Pestilens and Lord Sneek of Eshin as some of them, sit on the council and don't really take part in battles.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 05, 2016, 06:51:36 am »

I can easily get a new one, so I've got a Grombrindal code... for the one to do the best Skaven impression! I'm waiting!

It came with a 20% off voucher for the game, if anybody's thinking of buying it and likes discounts.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 05, 2016, 10:15:29 am »

I can easily get a new one, so I've got a Grombrindal code... for the one to do the best Skaven impression! I'm waiting!

It came with a 20% off voucher for the game, if anybody's thinking of buying it and likes discounts.

Quick-quick, man-thing. Give-give warpstone. Or we stab-stab you and your offspring, man-thing. Yes-yes? Hurry, now-now, man-thing! Before big moon rises! SQUEEK!

[The moment you resist just a bit, they will probably squirt the musk of fear and skitter off. Unless there's a pack of them ...]
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 06, 2016, 10:26:39 am »

Quick-quick, man-thing. Give-give warpstone. Or we stab-stab you and your offspring, man-thing. Yes-yes? Hurry, now-now, man-thing! Before big moon rises! SQUEEK!

[The moment you resist just a bit, they will probably squirt the musk of fear and skitter off. Unless there's a pack of them ...]

That'll do it. PM'ing you the code.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 08, 2016, 12:43:42 pm »

So Bretonnia will (finally) be released next February.

What I don't get is how they just announced that they'll be releasing it in a version of the game called Total War Warhammer Old World Edition or some bullshit like that.

The only difference between that convoluted mess of words and what we have now is it comes with Bretonnia in the box and the retail version has a little booklet / novella in it.

So you might be thinking, only TWWOWE owners get Bretonnia now? No. We will all get it in a free patch at the same time.

Do TWWOWE owners get all the DLC then? Is it a complete edition? No. It's the same as the vanilla game.

So I have no clue why they decided to just confuse everyone. The new name basically means nothing. Literally nothing. I don't get it.

----

Anyway, here's the announcement: https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/photos/a.125554144186461.25910.113800552028487/1226097520798779/?type=3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They're also planning more free-LC which is always nice:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

----

Edit: Oh I get it now. It's because the expansion will be the new world.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 08, 2016, 12:58:44 pm »

So what's the second expansion going to be?
The even newer world?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 08, 2016, 01:07:06 pm »

So what's the second expansion going to be?
The even newer world?
According to the Russian leaks, first expansion will be new world, second expansion will probably be the other side of the Eastern mountains so like Ogres and stuff.

Or Skaven, who knows. Second expansion is pretty far out.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 277