Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491334 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1995 on: March 31, 2017, 04:38:56 pm »

Nah I'd say they got bronzed when he got all messed up in the krayfires.

But yes. I can accept that's a mask with teeth.
Now I hate him.

Also, surprised they didn't do an april fools thing.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:49:37 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 31, 2017, 09:37:43 pm »

There was a live stream at the time of the announcement that had some extra details within it. Towards 19 minutes and onwards in this video by Indypride you can see in progress animations for Saurus, Skinks, Terradons, Bastiladons and Stegadon as well as a brief shot of jungles on the campaign map and some Lizardmen temple cities.

I don't know if the entire livestream is available to watch if people, like me, missed it. Perhaps give it some time and someone will upload a copy somewhere.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 31, 2017, 10:33:07 pm »

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:38:10 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 02, 2017, 07:13:48 pm »

After the admittedly time-wastery "pilot a doom diver" thing, I'm hoping they add a "first person a ratling gun" thing this time around. Just so we can make CoD-style zombies maps for no apparent reason.
It's a game. Have fun.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 02, 2017, 07:26:33 pm »

If they make rattling guns into field artillery, then absolutely you can.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: April 02, 2017, 07:50:52 pm »

Manning artillery yourself is more than a time-waster if you have better aim than the AI.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 02, 2017, 09:49:59 pm »

Manning artillery yourself is more than a time-waster if you have better aim than the AI.
But then you can't do the necessary micro with the whole army
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 03, 2017, 12:27:54 pm »

Well if you're dwarves or another faction that's turtling, that's not a big deal.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2003 on: April 03, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »

Can't wait for skaven and lizardmen.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 03, 2017, 01:11:17 pm »

The artillery first person aiming thing is way harder in this than in the previous games.

In FotS, you frequently got into 1v1 artillery duels, especially in sieges where you'd try to snipe the other person's armstrong / parrot gun. It was pretty intense, especially since a lot of people played on tiny unit sizes which meant you only had one gun each. I remember my general had all the ranged attack boosting skills like increased reload and increased damage just to win those battles. I'd place him next to the gun, activate all the skills, have the gun activate that firing skill, and try to blast the enemy's cannon before they killed mine.

Even used the exploit where you wait for your gun to shoot by itself, and then you manually shoot again instantly.

Good times.

It was also the only way to win ironclad ship duels. Because the Kotetsu had a front cannon, everyone would snipe each other with Kotetsus from maximum range.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 04, 2017, 02:14:44 pm »

I think I finally found out an army composition that works for me as empire. Before, I was going hard into infantry. Now, half my army are missile troops, which is letting me rout armies before they even get to my infantry line. Hoping to add a mage and artillery to this. Maybe I'll finally finish a VH Empire campaign now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 05, 2017, 01:56:44 am »

I've found success as Empire with three artillery batteries and a couple of handgunners. Plus half of my infantry line is free militia, since they can both shoot and fight. Demigryphs kick monster butts. Having a melee hero or lord to face big baddies is pretty much a must, though. Preferably a flying one if possible.

I won the campaign on that set up (plus a steam tank per army).

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 05, 2017, 02:45:30 am »

In my current game my armies tend to be composed of an Empire Captain, Warrior Priest and a mage for heroes. For troops 2 Greatsword, 2 Halberdiers, 2 Swordsmen, 4 Crossbows, 2 Flagellants or 2 Free Militia, 2 Empire Knights, 1 Hellstorm Rocket Battery and 1 Great Cannon.

I don't tend to make much use of the Steam Tank, later artillery or the Demi-gryph knights because they take so long to construct all the buildings for them and I like taking advantage of the unique buildings in settlements. I don't usually build artillery unless it's in Nuln because of the Gunnery School.

I do try and keep at least 4 units of Crossbows though. They're very useful for keeping Marauder Horsemen off your flanks. Flagellants also for protection from flanking/rear charges.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 05, 2017, 02:48:40 am »

I was under the impression that the Nuln gunnery school bonus is global?

Don't crossbows lose their effectiveness quite quickly due to lack of armor-piercing? I've found outriders to be good in the same role since they can shoot over infantry when necessary.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 05, 2017, 02:52:32 am »

30 outriders < 120 crossbowmen.
I personally prefer musketeers for the AP reason (in my vschaos armies, anyway), but then the LoS block means I can only field at most two to hit wings and bait cavalry.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 277