Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489169 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2175 on: June 07, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »

Wouldn't be surprised if they get added in a mod though, seems like the perfect faction for someone to mod in.

I take it you're not familiar with the Warhammer modding scene so here

Incidentally the Tomb Kings have also been kinda hodgepodged in. Somewhat.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: June 07, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »

Wouldn't be surprised if they get added in a mod though, seems like the perfect faction for someone to mod in.

Yeah, there's faction mods for the Border Princes (it even adds full LLs!), Kislev, Norsca and Mousillon. Shit, there's even a pair of mods that add Tomb Kings and Chaos Dwarfs (custom battle only, they get recruited as units in the campaign by the VCs and WoC respectively).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 07, 2017, 06:13:15 pm »

Yeah, there's faction mods for the Border Princes (it even adds full LLs!), Kislev, Norsca and Mousillon. Shit, there's even a pair of mods that add Tomb Kings and Chaos Dwarfs (custom battle only, they get recruited as units in the campaign by the VCs and WoC respectively).

...I probably should have looked beforehand. Those Mousillon and Tomb Kings ones hit all my undead loving buttons.

I mean, just look at this friggin' thing. It's beautiful.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 07, 2017, 11:00:52 pm »

The Southern Realms mod for Estalia, Tilia and the Border Princes to me does a good job of representing those factions. They have different units while lacking a lot of the more powerful ones that the Empire has, using polearm frontlines backed with cavalry and light cannons with access to lots of mercenary groups. The mercenary groups in particular are very impressive, they have Richter Kruger's Cursed Company and it actually regenerates models while in combat.
The mod also has unique lords for all three factions though, due to a bug in the experience system, only Borgio the Besieger for Tilia is available right now but his models is really well done.

The Tomb King mod... eh. A lot of work has been put into it but using a giant gryphon as a Necrosphynx looks awkward. Like the gryphon/bears in the Kislev mod.

The Mousillon mod is nicely done. It's just a visual change on top of the Vampire Counts army to a more Bretonnian theme which I appreciate. I try to get mods that don't change the base gameplay too much or don't add really powerful new units. The Southern Realms mod has new units but they're still weaker than the Empire since they lack monsters and higher artillary.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 08, 2017, 01:13:43 am »

Call of Warhammer is still the best Warhammer Total War out there - if it just wasn't for the engine limitations. I think I cried about that earlier in this thread, I just can't stand manually retraining depleted units anymore. A shame that later Total Wars are not as mod friendly as the old ones.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: June 12, 2017, 11:32:52 am »

Pre-ordering of Warhammer 2: Total War is now available on Steam and other stores, as well as the announcement of a collector's edition similar to the dwarf themed one for Warhammer 1: Total War.

The release date is set for 28th of September.

Early Adopters (Meaning the offer continues for a week after game release) will get a free race pack. This race-pack is the one earlier mentioned and applies for Warhammer 1: Total War.

Two new pictures have also been added to the Steam store page. Picture 1, picture 2.

Edit: An F.A.Q has also been posted on the Serpent God Collector's Edition.

This is very interesting. A rework of an existing faction puts up a few possibilities. I'm leaning towards Beastmen as it mentions a few new monsters (Ghorgon, Jabberslyth) and 2 new legendary lords (Maybe Taurox the Brass Bull and Gorthor the Beastlord) with their own quests, skill trees and starting positions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:46:36 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 12, 2017, 12:01:44 pm »

Eh I doubt it. CA had said they don't want to make paid dlc for paid dlc.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 12, 2017, 12:15:03 pm »

Well yes, there is that. Two packs giving different lords, but that would undermine the value of the other one. I assumed "reworked" would apply to a previously released race and Creative Assembly wanting to fill out the official races before focusing on minor races.

People are leaning towards Norsca with lords like Wulfrik the Wanderer. Not sure what monsters they could have also though, maybe War Mammoth (though that was a Forge World model)? Thinking on it, any monsters they add to Norsca could later be added to the Warriors of Chaos army list.
Norsca would make sense since the Dark Elves are right up against the Chaos Wastes in Naggaroth and it would mix things up abit.

Edit: Oh some things I forgot; A poster of Teclis was released as well as a showcase of the Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower for the High Elves.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:38:21 pm by Mech#4 »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 12, 2017, 12:28:45 pm »

Well, I've preordered.

This'll go great in three months, I've always loved being able to smash the face in of anything that looks at me funny.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 12, 2017, 12:41:39 pm »

Incidentally, have you guys noticed that the special edition's picture conveniently obscures some things on the art book?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 12, 2017, 12:44:03 pm »

Oh some things I forgot; A poster of Teclis was released as well as a showcase of the Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower for the High Elves.

There's also a new, short gameplay video and an image showing off some High Elves. Apparently a longer gameplay video will be coming out, possibly as E3 continues.

@umiman: Oh yes, those cunning sods. There was an enterprising investigator in the forum thread I linked above.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 12, 2017, 12:53:26 pm »

Whoa...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 12, 2017, 02:31:50 pm »

Would actually be super keen to have a playable norsca.
I assume "reworked race" to be something in the archives getting the brettonia treatment.
Norsca is a possibility. Could potentially be an ogre horde army or they'll squeeze Khemri into the old world map, but those are unlikely at best
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: June 12, 2017, 02:35:52 pm »

I foresee major spell effects that then kill three dudes, but are pretty to look at. :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: June 12, 2017, 03:53:01 pm »

I foresee major spell effects that then kill three dudes, but are pretty to look at. :P
I'm okay with that, since numbers can be tweaked. A lot more difficult to tweak spell graphical effects.

Though they did mention they're overhauling the magic system.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 277