Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491548 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2385 on: July 06, 2017, 03:33:36 am »

There's a remake of Age of Empires coming out sometime soon for the 20th anniversary.
Not even a crappy remaster either. Properly, from the ground up.
But yeah, that also wouldn't count, as wouldn't the XCOM games.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 06, 2017, 06:59:29 am »

If i remember correctly then Dublin area was the main Norse hold in Ireland during the viking invasion/age, so it would make sense from that image to draw a conclusion of the game being about that.

I'd hazard a guess another one being about China.
Love, scriver~

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 06, 2017, 08:04:35 am »

My bet is on a Viking DLC for Attila instead of a brand new game.

Regarding RTS in general, there are some games like Steel Division around. I'd really like to see more competition in the strategy genre in general, both regarding Total War-likes and Paradox-likes, but I guess the genre is too niche to be economically feasible. And too complicated for small teams to break into

Although I think Distant Worlds was made by one guy and it is quite excellent game. I hope it gets sequel.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 06, 2017, 08:15:57 am »

My bet is on a Viking DLC for Attila instead of a brand new game.
They explicitly said it would be a stand alone game. There's a different team working on an expansion DLC for Attila or Rome II. Also Attila already has a Viking DLC.

They also claimed it would be a spiritual successor to Rome II in the same way Attila was, so a stand alone Viking invasion game does sound likely.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 11, 2017, 08:22:04 am »

It's been a bit but there's some new information on Warhammer 2: Total War.

Here is a High Elf gameplay video, showcasing the High Elf roster on a map called the "Mosquito Swamps".

Some interesting points from the video:

- High Elf spearman shields have had a do over, with some reliefs added.
- Swordmasters of Hoeth now have a "Deflect Arrow" ability like Slayers. Grants missile protection despite not having a shield (they cut the arrows out of the air).
- Frostheart Phoenix has a slow aura that I think also lowers unit stats.
- Flamespyre Phoenix has a fire bomb ability like the bombs dropped by Gyrocopters.
- A number of new spells were shown off. "Ruination of Cities" from Mazdamundi, "Tempest" from the High Elves that seems to be a spell more designed to target flying units. There was also one used on the Lothern Seaguard that I think increased their firerate.

Combining some stuff that was released over the past few weeks, there was some concept art of a Frostheart Phoenix, as well as the next part of The Ritual puzzle and hint image.

One more thing: Seems like the Dark Elves will start getting some reveals soon.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:50:16 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 11, 2017, 12:19:28 pm »

Putting Neonivek-isms aside for now, I was kinda thinking about what they would do Sagas about in Ireland.

Total War: The Troubles?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 11, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »

Phoenix Guard have Physical Resist for their Tabletop Ward Saves.

Apparently, someone on another forum's bitching about it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:01:33 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 13, 2017, 10:16:13 am »

Saw the trailer and wow, they cast great voices for both Malekith and Morathi. They sound pretty great. Also they gave him quite the Darth Vader vibe.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 13, 2017, 12:20:45 pm »

Saw the trailer and wow, they cast great voices for both Malekith and Morathi. They sound pretty great. Also they gave him quite the Darth Vader vibe.

Indeed, I do like the voice they've got for Morathi. I don't know what I was expecting but I do like the voice for Malekith as well. I don't think he had a notable voice in Warhammer: Online.

I like the look of the various units as well. The marone trimming in the Black Dragon/Frostheart Phoenix is very nice. The only thing I'm a bit sad about is the Dark Elf Executioners have the skull helmets from their 8th edition update. Previously they had helmets like the Spearmen with chainmail coifs

I see they've got the Cauldron of Blood in there as well. I think I can see a Cold One Chariot in the Lizardmen/Dark Elf picture as well, near the top right. There might be some Blackguard just under the dragon. I'm not sure what those cavalry are though. Dark Riders?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 13, 2017, 12:34:16 pm »

I'm not sure what those cavalry are though. Dark Riders?
I think so, yes. Cold One Chariot was a given considering that its one of Malekith's mount options in the tabletop game.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 14, 2017, 07:13:25 am »

Double post, but who cares. The Dark Elf roster will be revealed today at 15:00 GMT.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 14, 2017, 08:01:35 am »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 14, 2017, 11:02:00 am »

The Army Roster

For those who can't or won't click on that:
Quote from: Roster
Caster Legendary Lord    Malekith (Mounts: Cold One, Cold One Chariot, Seraphon (Black Dragon))
Caster Legendary Lord    Morathi (Mounts: Sulephet (Dark Pegasus))
Missile Lord    Dreadlord (Mounts: Dark Steed, Cold One, Dark Pegasus, Black Dragon)
Melee Lord    Dreadlord (female) (Mounts: Dark Steed, Cold One, Dark Pegasus, Black Dragon)
Missile Hero    Khainite Assassin (Mounts: none)
Melee Hero    Death Hag (Mounts: Cauldron of Blood)
Caster Hero    Sorceress (Mounts: Dark Steed, Dark Pegasus, Cold One)
Sword Infantry    Bleakswords
Spear Infantry    Dreadspears
Missile Infantry    Darkshards
Missile Infantry    Darkshards (Shields)
Dual Sword Infantry    Black Ark Corsair
Hybrid Infantry    Black Ark Corsair (Handbows)
Dual Sword Infantry    Witch Elves
Greatsword Infantry    Har Ganeth Executioners
Halberd Infantry    Black Guard of Naggarond
Hybrid Infantry    Shades
Hybrid Infantry    Shades (Dual Swords)
Hybrid Infantry    Shades (Great Weapons)
Melee Cavalry    Dark Riders
Melee Cavalry    Dark Riders (Shields)
Missile Cavalry    Dark Riders (Repeater Crossbow)
Shock Cavalry    Cold One Knights (Lances)
Melee Cavalry    Cold One Dread Knights
Missile Chariot    Cold One Chariot
Artillery    Reaper Bolt Thrower
Flying Melee Infantry    Harpies
Monster    War Hydra
Flying Monster    Black Dragon

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 14, 2017, 12:10:33 pm »

The Dark Elves have a nice selection of infantry units there. Sword Infantry aside Spear Infantry unlike the High Elves who just have spears. It'll be neat to see the Darkshard (Repeater Crossbows) in action, and them being able to have shields is a nice advantage over the High Elf archers, probably to compensate for shorter range.

Apparently the Cold One Dread Knights have maces. I'm guessing that means they'll have armour piercing attacks. A bit odd to me that Shades can have great weapons but I don't know much about the Dark Elf army list.

Some more details are gathered here, in a Reddit post.
As an army the Dark Elves will have an ability called "Murderous Prowess". When casualties increase (Yours or the enemies) to a point all of your units will gain a large buff to their combat stats for about a minute. The amount of casualties required will change depending on the size of the battle. Witch Elves have "Murderous Mastery" which gives them an even bigger buff from "Murderous Prowess".
The Cauldron of Blood seems like it has abilities that can give your units things like rampage and melee buffs.

Assassin has different poisons, including one that can get through city gates quickly.
Witch Elves have a poison that causes rampage. I think this means if you attack an enemy unit with it they'll force attack.

War Hydra breathes fire and has an improved version of regeneration.
Black Dragon has noxious breath with a poison debuff that lasts long enough to use the breath attack again before it's over.

Missile Dark Riders and Cold One Chariot both have repeater crossbows. Apparently repeater crossbows are armour piercing but the Dark Riders can't fire while moving and the Cold One Chariot can rampage.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:30:37 pm by Mech#4 »

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 277