Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491377 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2445 on: July 22, 2017, 02:10:15 am »

They're basically mercenaries from the other games.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: July 22, 2017, 06:51:43 am »

They're basically mercenaries from the other games.

Those were pretty limited and usually of poor quality.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: July 22, 2017, 09:40:11 am »

So I got this and have been playing some recently. I almost immediately regret buying it, it suffers from all the flaws of recent Total War games that really gets at the fun for me. Primarily how the AI only ever sits in its cities with full stacks which also forced me to use full stacks which means I can't afford more than a single army (and another army would be useless anyway until I can afford to 20/20 stack it). Which also means I have to completely leave undefended my tiny one province realm undefended whenever I want to attack anyone.

I've only been playing the Empire start so far though. Gonna try the other factions to see if they're less fun sucking.
Love, scriver~

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: July 22, 2017, 09:47:32 am »

So I got this and have been playing some recently. I almost immediately regret buying it, it suffers from all the flaws of recent Total War games that really gets at the fun for me. Primarily how the AI only ever sits in its cities with full stacks which also forced me to use full stacks which means I can't afford more than a single army (and another army would be useless anyway until I can afford to 20/20 stack it). Which also means I have to completely leave undefended my tiny one province realm undefended whenever I want to attack anyone.

I've only been playing the Empire start so far though. Gonna try the other factions to see if they're less fun sucking.

The garrisons are pretty competent after some upgrades. You only have to worry about the minor settlements in vulnerable positions until you get walls for them/ after that, you will have some turns to attack the sieging enemies.

The most fun I had was with the empire; they have the most diverse troop roster and the most diverse set of enemies. I played with Beastmen (diverse range of enemies) , Chaos (you will mostly fight norscans, maybe will get better with the new DLC), Dwarves (boring, you will mostly only fight Orcs) and Bretonnia ( quite fun)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: July 22, 2017, 09:58:33 am »

Ha, you missed the best campaign: Vampire Counts.

They feel the most Warhammer like to me.

It takes some time to get used to their unique mechanics, but after that they are awesome.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: July 22, 2017, 10:05:30 am »

Ha, you missed the best campaign: Vampire Counts.

They feel the most Warhammer like to me.

It takes some time to get used to their unique mechanics, but after that they are awesome.

They are next in my list.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: July 23, 2017, 12:15:11 am »

I recommend Dwarves, lots of easy confed, Urks and Umgi and Uzkular all right nearby, and boner-worthy line infantry.

Plus their archers are actually pretty badass, and the economy gets insane later on.

No good cavalry, though.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: July 23, 2017, 12:50:31 pm »

Dwarves (boring)

I recommend Dwarves
Dwarves are boring if you are bored by trying to juggle FUCKING MANNFRED, the Border Princes barely tolerating you, and constant Orc attacks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: July 23, 2017, 12:56:01 pm »

Dwarves (boring)

I recommend Dwarves
Dwarves are boring if you are bored by trying to juggle FUCKING MANNFRED, the Border Princes barely tolerating you, and constant Orc attacks.
You also forgot the occasional times when daddy Vlad decides you need to die.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: July 23, 2017, 03:04:28 pm »

Speaking of dwarves and border princes, I'm very annoyed about how averse they are to trade with other factions. Trade is never harmful so why would you ever deny a trade treaty with someone you are not hostile with and don't plan to attack?

Are there any campaign AI mods that handle stuff like this?

Speaking of Manfred, I should try a new campaign with VC now that Vlad and Isabella are their own faction. I'd just be stuck trying to confederate with Manny forever, though, being the completionist I am. How hard is that to achieve?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: July 23, 2017, 03:10:16 pm »

Speaking of Manfred, I should try a new campaign with VC now that Vlad and Isabella are their own faction. I'd just be stuck trying to confederate with Manny forever, though, being the completionist I am. How hard is that to achieve?
The easiest way is to vassalize him. You may also want to grab the Red Duck so you catch 'em all.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: July 23, 2017, 05:15:30 pm »

You mean kick the snot out of him, then vassalize instead of taking the last settlement? Can you confederate with a vassal? I thought it wasn't possible.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: July 23, 2017, 05:33:09 pm »

You mean kick the snot out of him, then vassalize instead of taking the last settlement? Can you confederate with a vassal? I thought it wasn't possible.
You can. I am unsure, however, if the vampire factions have confederation enabled by default in vanilla. I know it used the be that they couldn't. No idea now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: July 23, 2017, 05:57:39 pm »

It is possible to confederate as vamps now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 277