Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491393 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2595 on: August 17, 2017, 12:32:13 pm »

I think the expendable rule would only apply to Skavenslaves. In the tabletop, if the Skavenslaves broke, they would only cause panic tests in other Skavenslave units.

The "Life is Cheap" rule (Firing into melee) used to apply to all Skaven ranged attacks. However, in the 7th Edition, this rule was only applied to the Poisonwind Globadiers, all other weapon teams and spells couldn't be fired into melee involving your own troops.

In Total War you can still fire into melee regardless of faction, you just right click on the unit and they'll attack. Unit's just won't automatically target engaged units unless they have a clear line of sight on some enemy models.

As for Expendable in Total War. I think it makes nearby units ignore the leadership drop from those fleeing units. I don't know whether it affects units that also have the Expendable rule.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: August 17, 2017, 12:37:39 pm »

Making all Skavens Expendable would probably unbalance them.

As for Expendable in Total War. I think it makes nearby units ignore the leadership drop from those fleeing units. I don't know whether it affects units that also have the Expendable rule

Expendable doesn't do anything... But a unit that is expendable is cheap, cheap to maintain, and cheap to replenish.

Essentially they are as cheap as you can get and the units who have them are as much of cannon fodder as you can get. Essentially just moving mulch.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: August 17, 2017, 12:44:08 pm »

Making all Skavens Expendable would probably unbalance them.

As for Expendable in Total War. I think it makes nearby units ignore the leadership drop from those fleeing units. I don't know whether it affects units that also have the Expendable rule

Expendable doesn't do anything... But a unit that is expendable is cheap, cheap to maintain, and cheap to replenish.

Essentially they are as cheap as you can get and the units who have them are as much of cannon fodder as you can get. Essentially just moving mulch.
Pretty much. That said, the zombie, despite being expendable, is probably one of the best units in the game. Cheap, plentiful and actually very good at its job (holding enemies in place and absorbing ranged attacks).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: August 17, 2017, 01:31:48 pm »

So the Norscan "screw Archeon" path is interesting.
I've managed to net myself a 100% upkeep reduction.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: August 17, 2017, 02:22:02 pm »

So...

Skaven have no ratling guns, no doom bell, can't shoot their own allies deliberately.

However... Their loyalty system seems hilarious and annoying at the same time. Their clanrat spawning system can spawn them anywhere on the map. Their unit sizes are huge. Their food system will make them zerg really quickly.

-----

Other info:

Dark elves have their floating and flying fortresses. They are settlements with huge building chains. These fortresses can take part in battle like Fall of the Samurai naval bombardment.

They changed Malekith's voice. He sounds like Gelt now.

They added back those awesome victory choice quotes into the game. Used to be from medieval 2 where if you moused over "enslave", "ransom", "execute", the prisoners would react. In this case, it's your lord that talks.

Sieges are the same. Zzzz...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: August 17, 2017, 02:29:44 pm »

Vader Malekith was cool :(
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: August 17, 2017, 02:31:02 pm »

I'm starting to think CA has some kind of licensing issue with the guys who do their cinematics. They keep having to change the cinematics for the game and the voices are always different.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: August 17, 2017, 02:39:58 pm »

Skaven are ruled by rat people right?

I cannot remember but there was another setting with a ratmen faction... but they were ruled by pretty boys.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: August 17, 2017, 02:49:58 pm »

I haven't been able to play in a long while, but damn, was the Chaos invasion always this hardcore? I'm facing a slog of huge Norscan/Chaos Warriors armies as Bretonnia, trying to keep my Imperial allies somehow in the game. Probably beatable, but it sure looks intimidating. All very apocalyptic. Whoo boy.

I've been able to triumph most of the time by baiting enemy heavies into chasing my knights and other feats of mobile warfare, because man Bretonnian infantry falls apart from a mean look. I fear the day the enemy deploys a counter to my cavalry.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: August 17, 2017, 02:53:56 pm »

I haven't been able to play in a long while, but damn, was the Chaos invasion always this hardcore? I'm facing a slog of huge Norscan/Chaos Warriors armies as Bretonnia, trying to keep my Imperial allies somehow in the game. Probably beatable, but it sure looks intimidating. All very apocalyptic. Whoo boy.

I've been able to triumph most of the time by baiting enemy heavies into chasing my knights and other feats of mobile warfare, because man Bretonnian infantry falls apart from a mean look. I fear the day the enemy deploys a counter to my cavalry.
WoC have no counter to cavalry other than just bogging them down in heavy infantry. Norsca and beastmen on the other hand...
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: August 17, 2017, 02:57:32 pm »

Skaven are ruled by rat people right?

I cannot remember but there was another setting with a ratmen faction... but they were ruled by pretty boys.

Yup, Skaven are rat-people all the way down. Just teaming hordes of rats. Big rats, small rats, Massive rats, writhing mounds of rat-flesh.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: August 17, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »

WoC have no counter to cavalry other than just bogging them down in heavy infantry. Norsca and beastmen on the other hand...
Heh... I don't blame you for this since there's not a lot of reason to use them, and most people forget they exist, but WoC do in fact have a non-infantry anti-large unit.

Regular dragon ogres.

---

Incidentally, a sizable balance and bugfixing patch has been beta released on Steam. Basically nerfs Norsca's OP units (javelins, werekin, skinwolves) and fixes bugs.

---

Edit: Whoo, the world map now seemlessly scrolls out to the big uhh... TAB map instead of you having to press TAB every time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 17, 2017, 04:41:45 pm »

Is it true if you have the first game you not only get a mega map that features both games... But they actually balanced out the first map to the "Capture anything"?

Because I did download the "Capture anything" mod, but it REALLY messes with the game because it doesn't know how to handle it and the game is REALLY REALLY not set up for it (For example the Dwarves are meant to just sort of go straight down, but there is a LOT of attractive property north and west of them)

Since honestly what KILLED this game for me more than anything is the Campaign flow and how railroaded it was. Yet if I still have to say, defeat the Orcs for the majority of my Dwarf upgrades... I'd have issues.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:45:53 pm by Neonivek »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 17, 2017, 04:53:22 pm »

Is it true if you have the first game you not only get a mega map that features both games... But they actually balanced out the first map to the "Capture anything"?

Because I did download the "Capture anything" mod, but it REALLY messes with the game because it doesn't know how to handle it and the game is REALLY REALLY not set up for it (For example the Dwarves are meant to just sort of go straight down, but there is a LOT of attractive property north and west of them)

Since honestly what KILLED this game for me more than anything is the Campaign flow and how railroaded it was. Yet if I still have to say, defeat the Orcs for the majority of my Dwarf upgrades... I'd have issues.
Sort of. For the second game and the combined campaign they're doing something like the Wood Elf outposts. If you conquer somewhere outside your "preferred area" (so non-human territories as humans, for example), you only get an outpost with limited options.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 17, 2017, 10:05:07 pm »

There's also a "Preferred Climate" mechanic. Each faction has biomes which they can settle without penalty. From one of the videos there's three levels; Suitable, Unpleasant, Uninhabitable.
For Skaven Most are Suitable, Unpleasant are Frozen and Chaos Wasteland while uninhabitable are Magical Forest and Temperate Island (I'm assuming this is used for Ulthuan).
An uninhabitable area gives the following negatives to a settlement.
- Public Order -3
- Construction cost: +50%
Casualty replenishment rate: -15% (Local Armies)
- Growth: -7
- Construction Time: +100% for all buildings
- Recruitment duration: +1 turn for all units (Local Armies)
- Income from all buildings: -50%.

@umiman: The Screaming Bell is present. It's a mount option for Grey Seer lords like the Anvil of Fury.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 277