Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491353 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2670 on: August 29, 2017, 12:31:59 pm »

I think the last patch actually increased the protection timer lords get when they foil an enemy hero's ability. It's called "On Guard" and reduces things like assassination attempts success percentage by about 30%. It lasts about 5 turns now where previously I think it lasted for 1 or 2.

Yes, it is kinda annoying againt the greenskins that more than other factions just swarm the map with agents.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:55 pm »

Ya I remember one of my first campaigns as the Dwarfs.... They just bypassed all my defenses with enemy Heroes and I never had a siege.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: August 31, 2017, 11:12:12 am »

Computer specifications have been posted for Warhammer 2: Total War for those interested.
Some points they make on the graphics are:
    Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
    New volumetric fog system which thickens the air, producing god-ray effects
    New sharpening filter
    Impressive wet-look surfaces, appropriate to certain models and model features

Also came with a nice screenshot over a High Elf city.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: August 31, 2017, 03:04:57 pm »

More silly drama if you guys are interested.

So since the main CA media guy left the company over "creative" differences, CA's latest gameplay steam went really poorly. It went so bad people are comparing it to Polygon's coverage of Doom last year,a s the two CA staff members playing on stream had no idea how to play Total War. The stream was so poor that CA actually deleted the VOD from Twitch.

I think the whole thing is just kinda funny, since most devs are generally trash at their own game. Every gameplay video of Monster Hunter can attest to it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: August 31, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »

Sounds like they're in the market for a media guy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: August 31, 2017, 04:39:47 pm »

Sounds like they're in the market for a media guy.
They kinda are. They don't really have a community team right now.

They used to have Joey, Darren, and so on who were really great and were really active on Facebook, Reddit, Youtube, etc. but Joey got promoted, Darren left, and the rest seem to be MIA.

Currently there's no one teasing stuff in the community or answering questions as far as I can tell.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: August 31, 2017, 04:58:20 pm »

Hilarious that TW1 was, comparatively, leaps ahead in community engagement for CA, and now it's suddenly turned into a gigantic shambles.

Not like it's gonna make me un-preorder though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: September 01, 2017, 08:26:51 am »

CK2 + all expansions (not including the cosmetic stuff) costs £134.
Total War: Warhammer + all DLC and the incoming expansion (not including the cosmetic stuff) costs £134.

Honestly, I'd say CA are milking us a lot more here.  I've gotten far more mileage out of CK2 (and it's still ongoing) than I'm likely to get out of the entire TW:W series (if we're pretending they're separate games).  And, well, TW:W is guaranteed to have another £40 expansion and a whole new round of DLC for parts two and three, so you can realistically expect to at least double that £134 before it's finished.

Don't get me wrong, they're both fairly awful.  But I'd argue that CA are the greater of two evils here.  If they'd made CK2 most of the counts would be unavailable to play as without mods and we'd be looking at separate DLCs for Scotland, Ireland, Brittany etc etc

Thank god there are sales.

I bought the base game for 20eu and the wood elf dlc for 11.50eu
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: September 01, 2017, 12:25:04 pm »

CK2 + all expansions (not including the cosmetic stuff) costs £134.
Total War: Warhammer + all DLC and the incoming expansion (not including the cosmetic stuff) costs £134.

Honestly, I'd say CA are milking us a lot more here.  I've gotten far more mileage out of CK2 (and it's still ongoing) than I'm likely to get out of the entire TW:W series (if we're pretending they're separate games).  And, well, TW:W is guaranteed to have another £40 expansion and a whole new round of DLC for parts two and three, so you can realistically expect to at least double that £134 before it's finished.

Don't get me wrong, they're both fairly awful.  But I'd argue that CA are the greater of two evils here.  If they'd made CK2 most of the counts would be unavailable to play as without mods and we'd be looking at separate DLCs for Scotland, Ireland, Brittany etc etc

Thank god there are sales.

I bought the base game for 20eu and the wood elf dlc for 11.50eu
Speaking of sales...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 04, 2017, 11:58:38 am »

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: September 06, 2017, 03:20:47 am »

Could someone tell me if the DLC is worth it? Because that's a really high price for what adds a little more land and a new race to play as.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 06, 2017, 05:38:01 am »

Could someone tell me if the DLC is worth it? Because that's a really high price for what adds a little more land and a new race to play as.

If you want to play as the race it is worth it. The three DLC races are fun. If you don't, you can just fight against them without buying the DLC`s

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: September 07, 2017, 11:11:14 am »

So I haven't bought the race packs but a friend of mine (who let me have a go whilst he was at work for two days) has bought all of them so I've sort of had it both ways.  They're only worth it if you really like that particular race - if you're a big fan of wood elves or Norsca then you'll enjoy them, otherwise I really, really wouldn't bother. Whilst they do add some stuff and they are interesting, they're not really worth the cost as just sort of...extra mechanics - you have to really like the race itself.

What I'd do though is play through a game where you either heavily ally with the race pack you're thinking of playing (and then have joint battles) or fight against them. I found my desire to play as them significantly waned after that.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: September 07, 2017, 11:13:38 am »

I think Micro might be talking about Warhammer 2. In which case, it not only adds 4 new races, but also about as much map as the original base game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: September 07, 2017, 11:32:41 am »

A new video has been released showcasing some High Elf campaign gameplay as well as a few shots of a siege battle between the High Elves and the Lizardmen. It also shows off the High Elf mechanics of diplomatic intrigue to change the relation levels between other factions, spending influence to recruit better lords, the High Elf rites as well as their tech tree.

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 277