Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489124 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2775 on: October 02, 2017, 02:14:38 pm »

I had two units of dread knights attempt to take on a single moon dragon and fail miserably- however that was on VH.

Speaking of, intervention armies are confusing me. I've had three Skaven armies called down on me during one ritual, so is it all major and minor factions can chip one in each or does the CPU just cheat?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: October 02, 2017, 02:24:36 pm »

I had two units of dread knights attempt to take on a single moon dragon and fail miserably- however that was on VH.

Speaking of, intervention armies are confusing me. I've had three Skaven armies called down on me during one ritual, so is it all major and minor factions can chip one in each or does the CPU just cheat?
The Unknown Clan Skaven are just random spawns like the Norscan ones.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: October 02, 2017, 02:29:45 pm »

Has anyone seen their own intervention army achieve any measure of success?  Mind just get immediately swatted, so it seems more like an 'I would like to lose 10k gold' button.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: October 02, 2017, 03:08:09 pm »

Playing as Teclis, my intervention armies have demolished Clan Mors*. Against the Dark Elves they only manage to die. Amusingly though, the Ulthuan High Elves have started invading the Angst Elf continent and established presence on the beaches. I've been busy eliminating Pestilenc on Lustria, just watching the action through ally/trade vision.

* This is likely caused by Skaven sucking in auto-resolve.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: October 02, 2017, 10:30:21 pm »

Meanwhile, playing as the angst elves I found that as soon as Tyrian consolidates all of Ulthuan he does ritual progress way too fast, so I took it.
Skaven are about to win the game but I took Ulthuan so all is ok.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: October 03, 2017, 02:10:53 am »

You can't lose the ritual race unless you intentionally decide to do so.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: October 03, 2017, 03:16:05 am »

I dunno, as Dark Elves it took me an alarmingly long time to decide to war against Hag Graef, so I never actually had a ritual resource site until quite late.
A similar story playing as Pestilens on legendary and preferring to ally with Spittle rather than take their ritual site out from under them so that I have some chance of standing up to Itza.

Speaking of Itza- Wow what a garrison army.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: October 03, 2017, 10:53:43 am »

I dunno, as Dark Elves it took me an alarmingly long time to decide to war against Hag Graef, so I never actually had a ritual resource site until quite late.
A similar story playing as Pestilens on legendary and preferring to ally with Spittle rather than take their ritual site out from under them so that I have some chance of standing up to Itza.

Speaking of Itza- Wow what a garrison army.
No you can't. If the enemy competes the final ritual before you, you'll be tossed into a battle where it's you and all the remaining major races vs whatever army the enemy is using. It's a cakewalk no matter your difficulty.

The optimal strategy in the game on legendary difficulty right now is to just delay anything related to the ritual until the end. There's no penalty in doing so.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: October 03, 2017, 11:45:59 am »

Holy smokes, the Dark Conduit army ability you get from DE's ritual is crazy. I've had Malekith literally solo two armies using only it, and blade wind.

Granted, these were low-level norse hounds+marauders+horsemen+chariots, but still.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: October 03, 2017, 11:57:44 am »

Holy smokes, the Dark Conduit army ability you get from DE's ritual is crazy. I've had Malekith literally solo two armies using only it, and blade wind.

Granted, these were low-level norse hounds+marauders+horsemen+chariots, but still.
You mean that mini explosion thing that centers around one of your units?

Yeah, that thing is nuts.

When I have it I usually send out a hero unit into the middle of the enemy. Then use all their skills immediately as the spell puts an extra 90 seconds on everything in cooldown. Then kaboom. It has a lot of drawbacks though. The 90 seconds thing really hurts if you use it on a caster. Also it removes all vitality or whatever it's called on that unit and makes them 100% tired, cutting their combat stats dramatically.

I only noticed how insane it was when I first started the DE campaign and was sieging an enemy city. My uh... whatever those halberd units are called were one shot by that skill. My most powerful and expensive unit that Malekith starts with completely wiped by some no name faction.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: October 03, 2017, 04:40:57 pm »

I have had a blast with this.  Came very close to losing several times due to stupid mistakes, but plowed through.  Really enjoying my game so far.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 04, 2017, 01:56:31 am »

It is done. Tyrion stands strong. Ulthuan stands strong.

I have won.

And damn was that a fun fight, it really felt like you carried the power of the Vortex in your hands, and that even that thin taste of the true might Caledor Dragontamer kept at bay was army-sundering.

I brought Tyrion, a Loremaster, a Star Dragon, 2 Eagle Claw's, 8 Loremasters of Hoeth, and 7 Archers with Light armor.

I came out with all of them, if not unscathed, intact.

Now, to work upon the great plan, as a big fat Slaan.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: October 04, 2017, 07:04:11 am »

Steam Workshop is coming online tomorrow. Can't wait for all the quality of life mods that should portable straight from previous game. I know I could just install them manually, but automatic updates through workshop are nice.

Weird how playing TWW2 makes me play Man'o'War and CKII Warhamster mod as well.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:26:37 am by Majestic7 »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 04, 2017, 07:34:41 am »

Another thing I've just found out playing DEs - black arks murder other boats (and I don't think AI knows that). A full norscan boat attacked my empty ark, and the autoresolve odds were like 4:1 in favour of the ark.

So, yeah, don't be afraid to use them in combat.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 04, 2017, 07:37:39 am »

Woah wait what?
Ever time Ulthuan hits my Arks they go down in flames.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 277