Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491505 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3045 on: January 10, 2018, 10:06:55 pm »

Considering this is the next entry into the Total War series, someone more knowlegable than me on the subject (stares at massive, unread book on shelf) could perhaps start a new topic outlining basics (important characters and such) with a link to the trailer.

It looks really interesting and I'm looking forward to the scene change.

Warhammer 2:

There's been some videos released of gameplay footage of the upcoming Tomb Kings. Here's one from MilkandcookiesTW and another two from Invicta and Party Elite.

One interesting thing I noted was Queen Kalida apparently starts in Southern Lustria in the Vortex campaign, but in the Mortal Empires campaign she is moved to south of Lamia. This was shown near the beginning of Party Elite's video above.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:11:14 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 10, 2018, 10:55:30 pm »

It's cause her original hometown is there? I think she's just in Lustria for gameplay reasons in the Vortex campaign.

Funnily enough I still haven't played Mortal Empires yet.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 11, 2018, 01:39:52 pm »

CA posted an FAQ on Three Kingdoms here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-faq

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 11, 2018, 01:49:15 pm »

Have been a fan of their mod-firiendliness.

Sad that we can’t get MW2 scale overhauls anymore, but I guess that’s a downside of a 30 gig game.

Would kill to see a new Third Age mod using the Warhammer Engine.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 11, 2018, 02:12:33 pm »

I actually teared up a bit after hearing about  TW:3K. I've been waiting for a China game, romanticised or not, for ages.

If they throw in Nanman  and Korea as minor playable factions, I will squee.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:15:38 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 11, 2018, 02:23:11 pm »

I actually teared up a bit after hearing about the TW:3K. I've been waiting for a China game, romanticised or not, for ages.

If they throw in Nanman  and Korea as minor playable factions, I will squee.
I think it might be quite likely to see Korea.

Well... not Korea Korea. But the people that would eventually become Korea.

We'll almost certainly see a Warring States era expansion / standalone. We might get an Imjin war one too. I would like that. Would be fun to see the exploits of Yi Sun-Sin. Though how the fuck they can do that while naval warfare is still so crap in TW is beyond me.

For those who don't know, Yi Sun-sin is a badass to topple all badasses. That he is not as well known as guys like Napoleon or Wellington is a crime against history. This is one of his quotes:

"I still have thirteen ships.  As long as I am alive, the enemies will never gain the Western Sea."

He won that battle by the way. His 13 ships defeated 133 Japanese ships. Destroying 31 of them, routing the rest, and didn't lose a single ship.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 11, 2018, 02:31:00 pm »

My hope in Korea is purely placed in this short war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goguryeo%E2%80%93Wei_War

Imagine a what-if scenario if Goguryeo beated Wei? I would utterly squeee
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 11, 2018, 07:59:20 pm »

By the way, here's another piece of news.

A community member released an updated version of the community mod manager for Warhammer 2 here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7pln41/new_mod_manager_for_warhammer_2_released/

In the same thread, the guy who made the original tool chipped up and it turns out he works for CA now (CA hires modders?). He said he's going to speak to his bosses to see if they can actually use the tool as the default mod manager.

Cool stuff. Either way, the manager is way better than what we currently have.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 11, 2018, 09:08:21 pm »

But seriously. Fuck Liu Bei and the overpolished cocks of Shu. Would not serve my wife for dinner. 3/10.
(except for Ma Chao. He alright)

^
Gimme that Ma Clan. Screw dynastic China, we'll make a new China, with blackjack and hookers!
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 11, 2018, 10:09:20 pm »

I think we might see a chance of a playable Ma clan. I seriously doubt that they would give us only the big three to play as and Ma Teng was a fairly important dude around the start.

Though Dong Zhuo and Yuan Shao would definitely get a slot as playable factions before Ma Teng does.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 11, 2018, 11:03:49 pm »

I think we might see a chance of a playable Ma clan. I seriously doubt that they would give us only the big three to play as and Ma Teng was a fairly important dude around the start.

Though Dong Zhuo and Yuan Shao would definitely get a slot as playable factions before Ma Teng does.
Even if it wasn't playable at the start, I don't see it being very difficult to mod the factions to make them playable.

Rather, the question is what unique things do the actual playable factions get that the others won't? Heroes? Perks? We'll have to see what CA does with heroes and officers especially, though they were talking about how much modelling and animation they've been doing for this one.

I'm actually really curious how they'll do it. It's easy to say they'll make it like Warhammer where heroes and generals are superunits, but what about things like... who leads an army? Who is a bodyguard? Most characters did both. Can we have multiple generals in a single stack like before or are we doing 1 general per stack like the modern games? Can officers break away and do their own thing? How will the game handle stuff like Lu Bu or Liu Bei who just betray everyone and do their own shit constantly? Can you recruit officers from enemy armies?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 12, 2018, 03:02:26 am »

Also Cao Cao couldn’t sword his way out of a paper bag.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 12, 2018, 03:55:24 am »

Also Cao Cao couldn’t sword his way out of a paper bag.
Yeah... Wonder if they'll represent that this time. Or will tacticians start summoning laser beams and carpet bombers...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 12, 2018, 08:40:32 am »

I sincerly hope we get playable Xiongnu and/or Xianbei at some point for some hot horse archer action.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 12, 2018, 10:53:09 am »

opened this thread and read from the latest post backwards, thinking it was some kind of TW:Warhammer 3 with Cathay, but porting ROTK into WH

then i find out it's just tw:rotk  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 277