Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489176 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3300 on: October 03, 2018, 07:04:16 pm »

The point is that Sega/CA has been blatantly lying to it's consumers because hey, why make some money if you can make all of it?
From your link's opening post:
I've been unable to locate any response from a CA employee or affiliate saying something to the effect of "Free DLC can't be free because it will alter the base game's rating", so as much as I find CA's business model and practices to be consumer-unfriendly, I don't believe they ever offered up any kind of excuse correlating the price (or lack thereof) of DLC to the base game ratings.

We've all seen people make those claims, and I suspect those claims were just something that somebody made up one day and it took root in this community and got repeated time and time again.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: October 03, 2018, 07:33:09 pm »

I don’t like the blood packs, and I’m happy without them. If three dollars had been added to the game price for them to be bundled in, i’d Likely have been ambivalent.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: October 04, 2018, 08:59:17 am »

Alright, since no one cared for the blood pack, here's some vampire pirates.

EDIT: Steam page
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 04, 2018, 09:22:42 am »

Edit: ::Shakes fist at Teneb for being so fast)

Apparently the hint was about the Vampire Coast with four legendary lords, including Luthor Harkon, and a new army list as well as new mechanics.

Link to a blog post with more details.

Important to note though, as they mention in the F.A.Q, Creative Assembly are not implementing naval battles with the DLC. There will be, however, be battles you can fight instead of auto-resolve. One is the battle takes place on a nearby island (As they mention, very similar to a mod that was recently released) and the second will be battles against Black Arks will take place on a map specific for them (A nice addition).

One of the new mechanics caught my eye. The hidden pirate cove/enclave sounds like it would work well for Skaven establishing underempire outposts in enemy cities.

The unit list seems very interesting, with huge crabs, giant crabs, that horrible mouthy ghoul thing, multi-cannon wielding ship constructs and pirate zombies. There's also a new lore of magic, lore of the deep, hunting for treasure using maps, gaining infamy for your lords and upgradable main ships the lords have as well (I assume kind of like the Black Arks).

Along with the DLC will come some other updates as well. The Vampire Counts will apparently get a reworking of their mechanics and abilities. There is also a FLC lord coming for the Mortal Empire and Vortex campaign.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: October 04, 2018, 09:51:59 am »

I wanted da-vinci gunners but I guess that’s okay too.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 04, 2018, 10:22:55 am »

I also hope that Araby can be added at some point. Seeing the monsters and how they've added new units again makes me intrigued to see what they could come up with for other new factions.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: October 04, 2018, 10:58:16 am »

Looks cool. I'm a bit disappointed by how it looks like it will be another quest based won condition though. I don't mind CA exploring win cons other than conquer everything but I feel that most of the quest win cons have been kinda lackluster. Bretonnia has probably been the only one I've been happy with.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: October 04, 2018, 11:00:44 am »

I also hope that Araby can be added at some point. Seeing the monsters and how they've added new units again makes me intrigued to see what they could come up with for other new factions.
Hell, Araby had a full roster for one of the spin-off tabletop games (warmaster, I think), so it's not like it would be too much work. Araby is also humans, so there's far less need for new animations.

I can see it as perhaps as the pre-order deal for WH3 like Norsca was for 2 (though hopefuly it won't end up being the utter mess that resulted in the Norsca port to Mortal Empires).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: October 04, 2018, 11:55:36 am »

Hey guys! Question time!

Who is your favorite Legendary Lord/Hero?

Mines probably Grombrindal. His living ancestor trait is fracking amazing in campaign, and he's capable of wrecking the face of most other LLs

Favorite Hero is probably the Dwarven Engineer. I love Dwarves, especially with all there guns and artillery. A Dwarf Engineer, Grudge Thrower, Trollhunter squad and a squad of Irondrakes will wreck almost anything thrown at them. Throw in some Ironbreakers and nothing is getting to charge you without losing at least 1/3 of there health
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: October 04, 2018, 12:08:49 pm »

Hey guys! Question time!

Who is your favorite Legendary Lord/Hero?

Mines probably Grombrindal. His living ancestor trait is fracking amazing in campaign, and he's capable of wrecking the face of most other LLs

Favorite Hero is probably the Dwarven Engineer. I love Dwarves, especially with all there guns and artillery. A Dwarf Engineer, Grudge Thrower, Trollhunter squad and a squad of Irondrakes will wreck almost anything thrown at them. Throw in some Ironbreakers and nothing is getting to charge you without losing at least 1/3 of there health
For gameplay? Archaon, I love me my heavy infantry marches, or Kholek if you can get lucky enough to get the bugger the Sword of Khaine.

For fluff? Sigvald, solely because of his quest battle speech done entirely in alliteration.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: October 04, 2018, 12:14:01 pm »

I didn't even think there were enough vampire pirates for 4 LLs.

Someone on Reddit mentioned there's a vampire counts rework coming as well? Why do they even need a rework? They're so fleshed out (lol).

LordPorkins: Sigvald is the best.

But combatwise, I think Leonceur at max level with all his stuff is invincible and also flies. The guy gets regeneration, massive size, flies, ultra tanky, huge AOE attacks, etc. He gets all these by default, no need to farm for items. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't like Bretonnia.

In a skirmish I think the best is probably the Red Duke or Manfred.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: October 04, 2018, 12:27:05 pm »

Fluffwise I love Malagor and Throgg, mechanically speaking Kholek and Vlad probably win out for me, they fit my preferred ways of fighting pretty well. Kholek can lead a good dragon ogre charge to overwhelm almost anything in campaign and Vlad is the VCs infantry commander to me since he cuts so much time out of the approach to the enemy which reduces the weakness of having no ranged units and makes it easier to get flankers into position.

Morghur I'm on the fence about mechcanically, he's pretty beefy but his spawn spawning powers fail to impress me. Shame since his fluff's really cool and definitely in my top 5.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: October 04, 2018, 12:31:09 pm »

Fluff: AH WYLL NAHT SHEYM MAH KLEN
Fun: Teclis. One hundred passives per spell.
Crunch: So far Grimgor Ironhide. Gets very, very close to 1k dmg per hit, pop waagh for best results, add a RR black ork banner squad for best bodyguard shenanigans (faction is otherwise lacklustre)

Looks cool. I'm a bit disappointed by how it looks like it will be another quest based won condition though. I don't mind CA exploring win cons other than conquer everything but I feel that most of the quest win cons have been kinda lackluster. Bretonnia has probably been the only one I've been happy with.

Quest based win con is I think a “vortexy thing” win con.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:34:55 pm by Tack »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: October 04, 2018, 01:54:41 pm »

Fluff: Settra because he's an undead pharaoh who Does Not Serve.
Crunch: Malekith. He's unstoppable once you skill him up. Literally unstoppable if you can grab the Sword of Khaine. Dark Magic is just too strong, and he's a great duelist character too.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: October 04, 2018, 06:19:01 pm »

ooh there's a steam sale
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 277