Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491394 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3705 on: May 07, 2020, 11:49:49 am »

Oh shit, more unique build stuff up mechanics, I'm a sucker for those, yes please!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: May 07, 2020, 08:41:44 pm »

Also forgot to mention that I finished the Ikit Claw campaign I posted about. The most boring part was building up the necessary corruption on my provinces to win.

So obviously I'm starting a new campaign immediately, as Arkhan.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: May 08, 2020, 10:35:04 am »

Hey, I’m all for the new DLC, but I gots one problem with it

Why is Groms mechanic him eating? His whole story is that he has a chunk of troll flesh inside him that’s constantly regenerating. If anything he shouldn’t need to eat because he’s literally always full.

Other than that looks kickass. Only real request is that they replace Gold with Teeth.

Also: How about that rogue idol. Those things look massive. Taller than fortress walls. Heck, the description says they can destroy walls. You think Greenskins might have a way to just stomp sieges by ignoring them?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:43:45 am by LordPorkins »
Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: May 08, 2020, 10:44:25 am »

Why is Groms mechanic him eating? His whole story is that he has a chunk of troll flesh inside him that’s constantly regenerating. If anything he shouldn’t need to eat because he’s literally always full.

Other than that looks kickass. Only real request is that they replace Gold with Teeth.
He digested it. Otherwise he would've died like the rest. The thing was the "Battle of the belly" was that he basically grew fat, big, and gained the restorative abilities by being able to survive eating a hunk of raw troll meat. He's hungrier then normal because a goblin of that size needs it and the troll hunger passed on to him.

Which is pretty impressive for a goblin, since the Ogre Butchers (The Ogres magical casters) can use raw troll meat to grant regeneration to others in almost the same way.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: May 08, 2020, 11:56:29 am »

He digested it. Otherwise he would've died like the rest. The thing was the "Battle of the belly" was that he basically grew fat, big, and gained the restorative abilities by being able to survive eating a hunk of raw troll meat. He's hungrier then normal because a goblin of that size needs it and the troll hunger passed on to him.

Which is pretty impressive for a goblin, since the Ogre Butchers (The Ogres magical casters) can use raw troll meat to grant regeneration to others in almost the same way.
I think he might even be bigger than your average orc boy. But yeah, Grom is kind of a unique fellow.

I eagerly await game 3 so we can have Greasus vs Grom in the true Battle of the Belly.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: May 08, 2020, 12:55:20 pm »

Rewatched the trailer: Noted that they appear to have put clothes on the River Troll Hag.

Cue outrage
Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: May 08, 2020, 01:02:04 pm »

I can say that I definitely thought he was a fatty ork boi and not a goblin until I saw you hint that he was a gobbo
Love, scriver~

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: May 08, 2020, 09:01:09 pm »

I might actually buy this now. I have been waiting until snotling pump wagons are a thing, and now they are :)

I'm wondering if flappers will allow you to jump units? Could be terrifying if your front line becomes a bit redundant with the snots just launching over it into your missile troops behind.

They were always one of the funnest bits of my O&G army on tabletop, and we're one of the things that no-one minded a scratch built model of, so they were free carnage for not many points. 360° movement in the compulsory movement phase was a glorious breakage of rules, so hopefully flappers provide something similar on the PC.

Orcs could use some more flyers anyway, even if these are just pseudo-activated-ability ones slapped onto a light chariot framework.
It's a game. Have fun.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: May 09, 2020, 07:44:34 am »

Are snotlings a type of "greenskin" (or whatever you call goblins and orks with a gatherword), by the way? Or are they an unrelated animal creature like wolves or giant spiders?

and we're one of the things that no-one minded a scratch built model of

Is a scratch built model a model built from scratch? I mean, that would be obvious. So what I'm really asking is how do scratch built models look/work? I thought the idea of Warhammer as to sell models so I'm surprised Games Workshop (if I'm remembering the name of the company right) would allow that.
Love, scriver~

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: May 09, 2020, 08:45:14 am »

Are snotlings a type of "greenskin" (or whatever you call goblins and orks with a gatherword), by the way? Or are they an unrelated animal creature like wolves or giant spiders?

They are a type of greenskin, weaker than a goblin and dumber than an orc. It should be pretty obvious why they have not appeared in the game until now given how useless they are.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: May 09, 2020, 09:16:03 am »

Any thoughts on the greenskin reworks shown so far?

As someone who never cared much for them, gotta say, I really like some of the stuff they're introducing. The scrap thing is pretty cool ranging to awesome depending on the amount and kind of upgrades you could get, but I'm all down for being able to customize and tailor an army more to your liking. The Waagh itself I'm undecided on, in theory it's rather cool but I'm not sure if the trophy system is a bit clunky or not. You want to call waaghs as often as possible to get the bonus armies but at the same time you'll be risking getting shittier trophies depending on who you fight and possibly on RNG (not sure if the stuff is based on the target or chosen randomly every time).

All in all, really looking forward to this one.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: May 09, 2020, 01:37:13 pm »

and we're one of the things that no-one minded a scratch built model of

Is a scratch built model a model built from scratch? I mean, that would be obvious. So what I'm really asking is how do scratch built models look/work? I thought the idea of Warhammer as to sell models so I'm surprised Games Workshop (if I'm remembering the name of the company right) would allow that.

Snotlings are tiny greenskins, the smallest of all of them, who are so stupid they can't even speak, even to each other, and have the enthusiasm of a hyperactive puppy. The orcs keep them as pets, goblins find them annoying as hell, both also eat them.

When the orcs are getting fired up for a WAAAGH!!! the snotlings start instinctively building pump wagons out of random bits of wood and metal, then power the things with various cranks and levers to barrel into people.

Scratch built models are built from mostly spare model parts, sometimes out of random things like tin cans and popsicle sticks, modeling putty, or a mix of all three. GW used to encourage it for units they didn't have models for or which were supposed to be wacky and unique, mostly Orcs and Orkz vehicles, but also Skaven, Chaos, Halflings and so on. It became less and less encouraged over the years, now the general guideline for official GW stuff is that to use it in their stores any model needs to be 50%+ GW products if I recall correctly.

I might still have a daemon prince I made out of three spare daemon prince parts, wire mesh and green stuff (resin modeling putty) lying about somewhere.

There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: May 09, 2020, 03:09:31 pm »

Oh I see, I was mistaking snotlings for those things goblins sometimes ride.

Thanks for the answer about the models though
Love, scriver~

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: May 09, 2020, 03:25:49 pm »

If you've played Dawn of War 1, snotlings the builder unit for that. They're also the tiny orcs you shoot at in 40k or Warhammer Fantasy games.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: May 09, 2020, 03:31:22 pm »

If you've played Dawn of War 1, snotlings the builder unit for that. They're also the tiny orcs you shoot at in 40k or Warhammer Fantasy games.
Nah, grots are just space goblins.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 277