Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489134 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3720 on: May 09, 2020, 03:48:37 pm »

Oh I see, I was mistaking snotlings for those things goblins sometimes ride.

Thanks for the answer about the models though

Those would be Squigs, or 'Squiggly Beasts.' They're a collection of various related animals, though the most common is basically a mouth on legs. Orcs and goblins use them as war beasts, and some night goblins are drug addled enough to try and ride them into battle. Most such goblins are eaten in short order, but a few survive long enough to actually get to the fight, and if someone manages to survive the battle without being bucked off and eaten they get a lot of respect from the other goblins.

Other squigs include hairy squigs, used by orcs as living wigs, giant cave squigs which can grow to prodigious size, a breed for eating which I think was just called tasty squigs, and the mighty Squiggoth, which is a four legged dinosaur sized monstrosity.

Night goblins, who mostly live underground and take lots of drugs, are the foremost users of squigs in battle in WHF, being the inventors of the Mangler Squig, two giant cave squigs chained together, poked with pointy things until they're really mad and then sent whipping each other about in the general direction of the enemy with an awkward random movement, because squigs move by hopping and having two tied together results in a very bumpy trip for both of them.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: May 10, 2020, 01:28:01 am »

See things like these are why I don't understand why there are people who play other things than Orkos and Gobbos
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: May 10, 2020, 03:54:58 am »

Sometimes you just wanna scratch that mad vampire pirate with multiple personalities or insane ratman engineer that's trying to bring down the moon so he can mine it for warpstone itch :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: May 10, 2020, 07:41:15 am »

Pretty much every race in warhammer is insane to some degree, the greenskins are just more blatant.

The Empire for example has an Elector Count character who's chief advisor is his horse, and the Vampires have Konrad von Carstein who had a rule in the tabletop called 'A few bats short of a belfry' because of his detachment from reality and tendency to forget what he's doing.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3724 on: May 10, 2020, 10:26:08 am »

The Empire for example has an Elector Count character who's chief advisor is his horse
Look I think we've all played CK2 or at least know about Glitterhoof okay don't try to make this sound weird /s

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: May 12, 2020, 01:31:46 pm »

Youtuber embargo has been lifted. All new units public as well as a few battles

Gotta say, I’m a bit disappointed that the Flappas don’t have an ability that lets them fly for like 3 seconds. They’re just faster and they have Strider.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:14:03 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: May 12, 2020, 02:50:00 pm »

Youtuber embargo has been lifted. All new units public as well as a few battles

Gotta day, I’m a bit disappointed that the Flappas don’t have an ability that lets them fly for like 3 seconds. They’re just faster and they have Strider.
I suspect that there might be an engine reason for this, given how Malagor and Kemmler are land-bound.

I think flappas either deal more damage or have better melee attack than regular pump wagons, which means that basic wagons are worth it only in terms of price, given how flappas and rollas will be just better.

Loved the Rogue Idol's animations in the videos I saw though (and holy crap it has crazy low melee def to compensate for its titanic stats in everything else except speed).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: May 12, 2020, 05:12:15 pm »

Isn't Malagor land bound because there's no aerial support for him? With nothing but harpies to pal around with he'd just get flattened by anything that shoots or flies.

Beastmen really could do with Preytons or Jabberslythes.  :(
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: May 12, 2020, 05:41:07 pm »

I still can't believe Grom is a goblin. At first I had no clue what the big deal about him being big was. Just another large orc. Then I found out he's a goblin. Wtf.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: May 12, 2020, 10:34:44 pm »

I still can't believe Grom is a goblin. At first I had no clue what the big deal about him being big was. Just another large orc. Then I found out he's a goblin. Wtf.
Yup. That’s his shtick. He’s just one Bog Boi Gobbo. His Imensity, His Enormity, THE IMMORTAN GROM!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: May 13, 2020, 11:00:14 am »

The Majestic Gobbler!
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: May 13, 2020, 12:03:28 pm »

Apparently streamers have found out that Grimgor's Immortulz banner is now incredibly OP.

How OP? The unit with that banner cannot lose models while leadership is over 50%. Now imagine that on the Krimson Killaz

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: May 14, 2020, 03:48:57 pm »

Apparently streamers have found out that Grimgor's Immortulz banner is now incredibly OP.

How OP? The unit with that banner cannot lose models while leadership is over 50%. Now imagine that on the Krimson Killaz
WHAT ZE FUK. Holy shit. Well... I guess it's actually really good now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: May 14, 2020, 04:10:22 pm »

WHAT ZE FUK. Holy shit. Well... I guess it's actually really good now.
Yeah. Pairing that with how much Grimgor got buffed (I forget the specifics, but I know his mass is now big enough you need the super big kids like Kholek and Durthu to actually knock him over), the Greenskin Rework (which includes Norsca-style confederation) and the reworked Badlands and dwarf starts (pretty much all the minor dwarfs that had multiple settlements were reduced to having just one) will make Black Crag an amazing start. Truly the one and future git.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 277