Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489127 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #4020 on: March 01, 2022, 04:45:37 am »

Greasus, the charmingly obeesus  :). Gorgers are one of these units I didn't or hardly tried. I did the whole campaign with 2 lords and I got the second by round 60 or maybe even later. IDK if the upkeep bug is still in, but on greasus the starting monster + 3 veteran melee units + 15 leadbelchers were enough to get me through the whole campaign. Once you've acquired a critical mass of leadbelchers and they have free sight things get whacky, they even autoresolve strongly.

But I think the most broken thing about ogres is how they can just slap down camps, they must be terrifying in MP campaigns if somebody wants to troll hard. I put one camp between 4 cities that I razed between rift 2 and 3... They just stayed ruins until the end of the game. But it's probably very powerful to pick a good province cram all your camps in there, then harass the world through rifts.

I'll probably play a bit on my 2 finished campaigns rather than starting a third one, there is still stuff to try out and after the campaign, rifts can be closed forever. But if I did start a new campaign, I'd probably go for khorne, or nurgle, or tzeentch, or slanesh? eh. Chaos undivided? I think I'm gonna just check off achievements with my oger game instead...
let

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: April 06, 2022, 01:58:54 am »

The 1.1.0 update patch has been released for Warhammer 3.

• Numerous crash fixes and performance optimizations
  • A major overhaul of the Realm of Chaos mechanics
  • A much-anticipated fix for a bugged interaction between the Everlasting Gift tech and Gift of Slaneesh upgrade
  • A fix to ensure that Supply Lines values update properly when disbanding a Lord
  • Fixes for numerous issues blocking players from completing the Prologue
  • A one-on-one training montage to bulk up The Daemon Prince (aka “Daniel”)
  • Major adjustments to the Daemons of Chaos Gifts and Gift Sets
  • The first improvements to unit responsiveness (with more coming later)
  • Units must now brace against a charging attacker for Charge Reflection to take effect
  • Balance updates for most factions and several faction-specific units
  • Two returning Domination battlefields: Arnheim and Battle for Itza
  • Major updates to the Domination multiplayer mode: including larger starting armies and an update to supply mechanics

Link to Total War blog with full patch notes.

Link to video outlining the major changes.

The charge fix is one of the major ones for me, since it affected the Slaanesh chariots a lot. There's also a lot of buffs for the Daemon Prince Daniel, who many were saying had rather low stats to begin with and a bunch of the blessing gear he could get were a bit underwhelming. Also a fix for his max tier Undivided item bonuses I believe.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: April 06, 2022, 03:13:02 am »

I've always found anti-charge stuff annoying in TW games because I never have any idea if it's in effect or not. Are they bracing? Are they just standing around? Can I turn the unit around to face the cavalry unit that just decided to flank them or will that upset their cohesion and nullify the defence? Can I move my unit five steps forward? Who bloddy knows.
Love, scriver~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4023 on: April 06, 2022, 05:01:19 am »

They show a little shield icon when they're bracing now, I think. Makes it a bit easier to know, but I agree it's still a bit vague

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: April 06, 2022, 06:37:39 am »

I usually turn units to face an incoming charge, even if it would take them out of being braced because then they won't get the LD penalty from being attacked in the flank.

I've always taken braced to mean the unit is completely stationary. In the historical games, units would lower their spears when braced but that doesn't happen in Warhammer.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: April 12, 2022, 02:03:54 pm »

I remember seeing footage of Warhammer III before it came out and seeing little blue shield effects appearing on units getting charged at. At the time, I thought, "Oh neat, there's a visual effect to show when a unit successfully braced against a charge." It was only later that I realized the little shield visual was just the indicator of Tzeentch units' magic shields taking damage. I was sad.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: April 13, 2022, 11:45:06 am »

So how do peeps feel about 3? The player #'s indicate that it hasn't done very well. Although it was competing with Elden Ring.

And I think a lot of people aren't really going to care until ME comes out. (I know I won't.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: April 13, 2022, 11:50:31 am »

And I think a lot of people aren't really going to care until ME comes out. (I know I won't.)

This for me. No worldscape means no buy, and if waiting for one means there will be percentages off the price... Well that's a nice bonus.

Though to be fair I'm not even sure if I can run it. So it might have been a nobuy from me regardless.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: April 13, 2022, 12:12:59 pm »

It only takes so long to play 2-3 campaigns.
Supply line bug has only recently been fixed.
3 campaign mechanics are a bit annoying.

But yeah I bought this for ME, mainly. Once all the components come together and we can play without being plagued by rifts it will be awesome.
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: April 13, 2022, 12:18:44 pm »

I enjoy Warhammer III a ton, but it definitely suffers from the CKIII issue of being a good game with a better foundation than its predecessor, but following up another game that has 6 years of content and I've played hundreds of hours in.

I've been meaning to get back into Warhammer III to finish my Grand Cathay campaign, but I've had a lot of other games competing for my time and my campaign has hit the usual late game total war campaign issue of I've snowballed too big for any faction to pose a challenge to me.

I really enjoyed hanging out with two friends and playing the kislev 3 player campaign, so hoping they put out more 3-4 player multiplayer content like that. The 8 player stuff is great, but I don't have 8 friends who play Total War to get the full enjoyment out of it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: April 13, 2022, 06:19:32 pm »

This for me. No worldscape means no buy, and if waiting for one means there will be percentages off the price... Well that's a nice bonus.
Likewise. I'm interested in 3, but after missing the preorder bonus there's been no point until the big map comes through.

I enjoy Warhammer III a ton, but it definitely suffers from the CKIII issue of being a good game with a better foundation than its predecessor, but following up another game that has 6 years of content and I've played hundreds of hours in.
Total War at least has the advantage of not needing to wait for mods. I preordered the fancy edition of CK3 and have barely touched it because the available fantasy mods weren't very far along.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: April 13, 2022, 07:40:19 pm »

Definitely agree - I go back to 2 to play with SFO and some of my favored factions (Skaven, vampirates, Tomb Kings, Dwarfs). But then I miss the QOL updates for things like moving while garrisoned and item management. So I can't wait until more mods get out there, and for Immortal Empires to really take off with the game. The existing factions and interactions are just so barebone in comparison.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: April 13, 2022, 08:46:48 pm »

Finished a campaign as Cathay, but now I'm waiting for more bugfixes, rebalances, and the sweet new animations that come with the inevitable blood DLC. Not that I'm happy that they're releasing it as a DLC, but those animations and blood sprays just make the battles so much more satisfying. I'm excited for Immortal Empires as well, I *really* want to do a campaign where I expand eastward as Imrik and "tame" some dragons. I'm hoping they get new dialogue for the existing lords as well, it'd be real disappointing to have all these new factions and get the default responses from everyone else.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: April 13, 2022, 08:59:57 pm »

Likewise. I'm interested in 3, but after missing the preorder bonus there's been no point until the big map comes through.

Total War at least has the advantage of not needing to wait for mods. I preordered the fancy edition of CK3 and have barely touched it because the available fantasy mods weren't very far along.

They aren't? Weird because it has been several years and with the scripted gui thing you can add all your own mechanics and stuff. Nothing holding mods back from doing basically w/e they want.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: April 17, 2022, 04:27:25 pm »

Redid my Daemon Prince campaign on Very Hard for the sake of completionism.

Still need to finish my Kairos game, which I might need to restart at this point because Kislev has grown huge and has managed to spread all the way to my bit of the Chaos Wastes.

Also still need to finish my Skrag game, which I had lost momentum on for reasons I no longer remember.

Went through a block of time playing CK3, and then I got Elden Ring the other week so that's been eating a lot of my time.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 277