Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Things that made you feel better today.  (Read 17024 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you feel better today.
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 02:07:45 pm »

About a month ago, I decided that I was going to make a Unity game, and by god I was going to finish it and put it on Kongregate and Google Play, and it was going to be at least average enough that I could maybe make a noticeable amount of money from the ad revenue. I had a written-up vision of the final game, an exact idea of how it was going to work, and I was going to make it happen no matter what.

Today the project is a clusterfuck. I have a handful of shitty models, some code that technically works but doesn't really do anything, and no actual playable game. I groan at the thought of even looking at it.

So about a week ago, I noticed I still had Game Maker installed and fired it up, and just for shits and giggles started making a Berzerk clone. Just freehanding it with stick figures and other simple sprites, I've made more progress in a few days of messing around on a sketch than I have in weeks of working on my other project. And more importantly, I've been having fun working on it. No ad money, no place to even release it, but I feel like it's more worth my time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 11:03:09 am »

I guess sometimes you just have to act even though you're afraid.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:17:44 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 12:09:06 pm »

Well said. That's been my view on plenty of things, even being the basis of my more recent New Year's resolutions. The only worry I have about death is how I'll review it post-mortem. I don't want to die a shameful death; I want to laugh afterwards at my own corpse (or at least respect the fact that I went out with what I would personally define as dignity for myself; like meeting inevitable doom with a beer in hand and a short chuckle, as if I saw it coming, and knew I couldn't avoid it.), and how it got to that point. In another sense, if the inevitable is bound to come soon, let's make the most of it.

My bravery in situations like that has made me do some rather entertaining and incredible stuff (and pull off an impossible survival in some cases (SEE: Bullet Slalom Maneuvering)) from time to time (plenty of *own* moments IRL and in some games I can recall; plenty of them issuing a WTF response from others (especially from my brothers in some online matches)). Nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks like this. Fear is only a good teacher when applied correctly, but in most-all cases, it's counter-productive rather than counter-intuitive.

EDIT:
And I agree, I don't like being ashamed of being happy, because I wanted to be. It would be nice to express emotions around people again, and not be marked as suspicious immediately.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:26:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 11:25:53 pm »

No more food poisoning! Also, the stench of vomit is almost entirely gone from my room.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »

Submitted the form for my next year of financial aid for college. Only 5 days before the deadline I just found out about today.

And the whole process was much less stressful and involved much less screaming-and-yelling than last year.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 02:18:01 am »

I feel better because my friend felt better. :D

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »

Free sandwich from a restaurant owner I helped.

Was nice to see somebody actually value some work. Thought that counts.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2015, 05:12:16 pm »

Today I laid in bed for an hour and listened to a mix of songs by Bach. That's all I did, just listen to music, no playing games or reading or anything in the background, just music. Was relaxing.

Also got a 3 hour nap out of it when I fell asleep.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2015, 11:02:30 am »

I listened to System of the down, Beyoncé, and Nicki minaj.
    It helped to constructively work out some anger and pain without ignoring it and bottling it up.
        I feel calmer and that I can better withstand my situation without hurting someone in the heat of anger.
    Plus their is another 100 episode and helix episode coming up so that will help greatly with passing time
  not to mention the walking dead kind of makes me only think of that so In all I found a way to handle
 my anger without trying to make it go away or act like its not their.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2015, 11:07:07 am »

It helped to constructively work out some anger and pain without ignoring it and bottling it up.
        I feel calmer and that I can better withstand my situation without hurting someone in the heat of anger.
    Plus their is another 100 episode and helix episode coming up so that will help greatly with passing time
  not to mention the walking dead kind of makes me only think of that so In all I found a way to handle
 my anger without trying to make it go away or act like its not their.

Omg!! he forgot to log out how could I be so stupid not to notice!
    Lol im so sorry guys he does not listened to Beyoncé or Nicki minaj lol.
 well on another happy though this will probably make his day! and I will never hear the end of it lol.
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2015, 11:10:27 am »

I did wonder about that. It didn't quite seem to mesh...

Anyway, good to hear things are going well.

Also, coffee, pizza, and the prospect of at least some sleep this weekend.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »

Wheee. Spring break. Road trip. Awesome rock music on the radio. Cranked up volume. Singing along. Feels good man. God I love music. Now for a week of not stressing over college, or being around other people. sleep, video games, and hobbies ahoy.

Two of these things are not like the other, two of these things just don't belong. I approve of your choice of SoaD though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2015, 01:30:39 pm »

Wheee. Spring break. Road trip. Awesome rock music on the radio. Cranked up volume. Singing along. Feels good man. God I love music. Now for a week of not stressing over college, or being around other people. sleep, video games, and hobbits ahoy.
What I read at first :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

blazing glory

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2015, 08:25:35 pm »

Technically it was a few days ago but eh, I didn't know this thread existed then.

A few days ago I realized that I wasn't hearing my Tinnitus, usually when this happens it comes back in full force, but it didn't this time.

It was so far into the background I wasn't even sure if I was hearing it or not, just being able to hear everything without my Tinnitus made me feel a lot better about things in general, plus I was wearing my hearing aids so I got the full effect.

It came back eventually but the feeling remained.

I also realized that outdoors is incredibly noisy if you can hear it in full effect, all those birds, I don't know how you lot can stand them.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2015, 04:26:02 pm »

SLEEP.

Sleep made me feel better. 5 day weekend, plus Thursday was a half day. Now listening to Blind Guardian and finishing my coursework (a play with Tom and Blanche from the Glass Menagerie and a Streetcar Named Desire respectively, where I have to write a story about them meeting in play format.) at a leisurely pace, with the odd look through the "Dwarven King is an..." thread (Huzzah, Cacame!) and other assorted delvings into Bay12.

Life is gooood man.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11