Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 799994 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #600 on: April 09, 2015, 12:39:11 am »

Necromancy is a mod, you can choose not to use it?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2015, 12:42:01 am »

Um, I'm not so sure what's that silly about it. Literally what you are doing is removing the zombies ability to hurt you, and then mounting a pack on it. It's not following you because you trained it or something, it's still trying to eat your brains but it doesn't have the capability anymore. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2015, 12:46:40 am »

Oh, so thats the explanation?

Also, it seems like its a stable thing. Atleast, I keep getting the option to make a zombie slave when I dont have that thing enabled.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2015, 12:50:19 am »

Thats a good thing, but still dosent either give the option to remove necromancy Or explain why they decided to add the silly thing in the first place.

If it bothers you so much to even look at it you can simply delete it from your mods folder.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2015, 12:53:20 am »

Its not massively rage inducing, it just sorta pisses me off, sorta like a few of the small nagging things that pop about.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2015, 12:56:10 am »

Necromancy mod friendly zombies != zlaves.

Zombie slaves (zlaves) are mainline - apparently they're based off something from the Walking Dead TV show - necromantically-induced friendly zombies are part of the necromancy mod.

The mod implies that you alter the zeds' brains to make them friendly via surgical means, whereas zlaves are simply zombies that have been surgically altered to remove their most dangerous body parts so as to render them useful as beasts of burden.

Necromancy is a mod because it doesn't mesh very well with the established canon. Zlaves are mainline because there's nothing about them that violates the game's lore.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:41 am »

Mmmh, what about bionics you could install into people to make them your servants? Slave chips, if you will, a common theme in science fiction. Perhaps a modified version could work on goo and thus, on zeds.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2015, 02:21:02 am »

Mmmh, what about bionics you could install into people to make them your servants? Slave chips, if you will, a common theme in science fiction. Perhaps a modified version could work on goo and thus, on zeds.
In general slave chips in science fiction work by exploding the heads of what you put them in if they don't comply/run away, not by actually mind controlling them. The localized blob isn't smart enough to feel the danger from that, and if mind control abilities exist they are certainly beyond the range of current human C:DDA technology (and even if they did work they might not have too much effect on the blob-infested neural tissue).

That said I could potentially see some sort of psionic short-term mind control thing from something like a horror or very high level nether creature, and possibly a very rare actual "mind control chip" in the "very expensive/very rare" migo tier (since they are slavers after all).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2015, 02:43:10 am »

Syndicate features Utopia chips that the winning Syndicate installs after the first game; they make the people see the world as a paradise. It is the whole premise for Syndicate Wars, when the chips malfunction a bunch of people become religious zealots using them for brainwashing etc.

On a general level, I think the human mind is much easier to manipulate than is generally shown in science fiction due to our bias in believing in our own individuality. Already there have been devices like the god helmet (bad example but a popular one) which can incur, say, religious experiences in people. Using biochemical and electricity to manipulate brains directly wouldn't be a big change from that. I don't mean remote control, but more like incurring overpowering love and loyalty towards a certain person or faction. (Or overpowering animosity and hatred towards something else.) Perhaps remote control akin to piloting a drone might be possible, but what would be the point besides false flag operations? Actual drones/robots would do the same job better.

Personally, I think using such chips on a massive scale wouldn't be cost-efficient as mass media can achieve same result at less cost. However, I guess Evil Scientists might do so anyway Just Because, same for dictatorial madmen, strange cults and intelligence agencies. If cheap enough, they could be used for controlling prisoners or even "rehabilitating" them. (Forcing them to love everyone, whee!)

RE: Mi-go, it would make an interesting start, being a mi-go slave whose control fungi has died or something, allowing you to try and rebel/escape. Alternatively, being a Brain In A Jar inside a robot or something doing the same. Mi-Go should really get brain jars!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:47:59 am by Majestic7 »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2015, 08:47:32 am »

I don't thing the Fungus and mi-go are in the same boat. I think mi-go are technological, aren't they?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2015, 09:34:20 am »

I don't thing the Fungus and mi-go are in the same boat. I think mi-go are technological, aren't they?
Nah, I'm pretty sure mi-go are netherworld creatures or whatever you want to call them. They're described as being sorta like tentacle-y crustacean thingies.

That said, the word "fungoid" is actually used in their description, if I remember correctly...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2015, 09:54:08 am »

Mi-go are intelligent fungus from pluto. Mycus is just an ecological fungal infection.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2015, 11:44:00 am »

Mi-go are intelligent fungus from pluto. Mycus is just an ecological fungal infection.
In other words, Mi-Go are a fungus (or -ish, anyway), fungal zombies and their ilk are a fungus, but Mi-go =/= Fungaloids by the same rule as humans and dogs being mammals doesn't mean all humans are dogs.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2015, 12:10:36 pm »

Slow fat zombie slave is slow. I still need to find out if you can tie them inside a vehice.

Which zombie type has the highest speed?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2015, 12:12:39 pm »

Slow fat zombie slave is slow. I still need to find out if you can tie them inside a vehice.

Which zombie type has the highest speed?
Pretty sure that'd be the feral hunters.

Unless you can enslave Hulks. Then I think they win.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 451