Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803114 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2820 on: January 31, 2016, 01:42:20 pm »

how i can approach a militar site and pass the turret??
Bring a long range rifle or a bunch of enemies following you to empty the turrets of bullets

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: January 31, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »

how i can approach a militar site and pass the turret??
Sniper rifles, EMP weapons, rocket launchers, superalloy armour, teleporters, active cloaking... Getting past or through turrets usually requires some serious endgame gear. If you're lucky, you can sometimes approach from a blind angle and get close enough to attack their relatively frail bodies with lower-end weapons, but it's rare because there usually isn't just one.

Do note, however, that you probably don't need to get to a military site right now. The site won't go anywhere if you back off and return later with better gear.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: January 31, 2016, 04:05:34 pm »

That is pretty much unpossible for daylight without using graphics tiles. Daylight view distance is something like 60 tiles I think, so you'd need 120 tiles of window height. If you find a custom 10x10 tileset to use, you'll need 1200 pixels of vertical resolution to fit that window on the screen, and a very big monitor at that to be able to see the 10x10 tiles without ruining your eyes.
This is where I'm supposed to make some comment about 4K-less peasants right? :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: January 31, 2016, 04:10:40 pm »

That is pretty much unpossible for daylight without using graphics tiles. Daylight view distance is something like 60 tiles I think, so you'd need 120 tiles of window height. If you find a custom 10x10 tileset to use, you'll need 1200 pixels of vertical resolution to fit that window on the screen, and a very big monitor at that to be able to see the 10x10 tiles without ruining your eyes.
This is where I'm supposed to make some comment about 4K-less peasants right? :P

will dis game be on xbox 1?
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2824 on: January 31, 2016, 06:01:02 pm »

4k, not 400.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: January 31, 2016, 06:11:04 pm »

And all peasants better weigh 120 pounds.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: January 31, 2016, 06:20:39 pm »

Bunkers are easy. All you need is a ranged weapon that can hurt milspec turrets and an electro hack with enough skill to reliably crack the card locks. first, don't stand in front of the card reader. That will get your dumb ass shot. Stand diagonally away from the door. hack the keypad, TURN ON RUNNING, and step towards the door. take an unaimed snapshot at the turret you can now see, and immediately step back if you didn't kill the turret. Then make sure to wait a minute or two to make sure the turret isn't prepping a burst. Repeat. You can use this duck around corners thing to kill most robotic things with guns. Hell I've used this trick with emp grenades to kill tank drones. Just ALWAYS make sure you are RUNNING. Or splat.

Military Outposts are tougher. I suggest making a pneumatic bolt driver and a bunch of bolts, and shooting at the things from outside their range.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: January 31, 2016, 07:25:22 pm »

Hey guys, I iz a modder now!

PKs rebalance mod
  -Designed with the hopes of adding more vanilla zombies and more challenge
  -Reworks spawn lists and evolution paths

Several new zombies are added, and I try not to stray too far from the vanilla monsters.
This looks awesome. I'm going to update my game because of this. Crosses fingers for no broken saves.

Thanks!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 01, 2016, 08:41:34 am »

I think it's a bit ridiculous that at level 4 tailoring and with a tailor's kit, you still have a good chance of going from a fully repaired piece of clothing to destroying it when trying to reinforce.

Apparently I can make an entire trench coat out of rags and thread, but can't fix a hole.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2829 on: February 01, 2016, 03:35:33 pm »

I think it's a bit ridiculous that at level 4 tailoring and with a tailor's kit, you still have a good chance of going from a fully repaired piece of clothing to destroying it when trying to reinforce.

Apparently I can make an entire trench coat out of rags and thread, but can't fix a hole.
Yeah, that is a bit of a problem. Seems like in trying to nerf tailoring a few discrepancies in what would be considered a pursuit requiring skill. Often enough, it takes me more resources to repair a trenchcoat then to replace it by making one in a cave with a box of scraps. More time, too.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 01, 2016, 05:43:56 pm »

O god, it works this way for repairing metal weapons.... My zweihander is about to break! Thankfully I have a backup katana until I can grind my mechanics up to like....8.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: February 01, 2016, 05:49:17 pm »

mmm  Ive noticed that Ill occassionaly get a string of bad rolls, and something as simple as a kevlar vest will suddenly fail.

Best to stop and let the thing reset itself before trying again.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 01, 2016, 05:53:50 pm »

O god, it works this way for repairing metal weapons.... My zweihander is about to break! Thankfully I have a backup katana until I can grind my mechanics up to like....8.

Grind to 20 or 30, just to be safe.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: February 01, 2016, 07:03:31 pm »

Well, let me know when someone makes a mod to make this less dumb. Glad I won't be coming back to the game for a while.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 01, 2016, 10:28:47 pm »

To be honest, when I play Cataclysm these days I just fiddle with the options to grant myself a boatload of embark points and start with ~20 in skills like tailoring. You'll still need to find books for a lot of the recipes. Not 100% ideal, but cuts out some of the personally undesired grind while giving you the option to still have 0 in combat skills or otherwise not create an outright unstoppable character.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 451