Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803005 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3945 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:50 am »

Ah okay. I'll give it a try next time a start a new character then
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: October 11, 2016, 02:00:18 pm »

Si si, its being developed on the forums for now.

For raisins.  many raisins.

This particular patch is about adding in cyborgs enough to go around.  I put in a few kinds of 'old' cyborgs, ala robocop movement patterns.

Im working on adding a 410 shotgun just because I want to fire mini-shotgun shells from a revolver.  :}  And a lever action one doesnt sound bad, even if its lower damage.

Im also getting around to making the doomweapons.  Butt  to be honest theyre too spoopy and scifi for me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:02:57 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: October 11, 2016, 02:24:35 pm »

.45 cal shotshells sounds like a good addition to go along with the .22 shotshells we can currently use. So would ones in 9x19mm, .40 S&W and .38 special.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: October 11, 2016, 02:52:50 pm »

I find it silly you can make molotovs out of regular old 80 proof liquor. 
Have you ever poured vodka on a flat surface, and lit it?  You get a pale blue flame, not hot enough to burn anything on top of it, and beneath that a layer of mostly regular old water. It doesn't even get hot enough to boil the water! This would hardly be enough to cause someone physical pain, let alone do any meaningful damage.

A real molotov cocktail uses gasoline.  Gasoline burns much hotter than 80 proof alcohol, and also isn't full of water to put its own fire out.  They shouldn't even let you make molotovs out of regular old liquor.  And a gasoline soaked rag is NOT just going to go out, whether or not it's raining.

Now, super high proof stuff might work a little better, but it's still not going to be anywhere near as good as gasoline. 

So either there should be "Make-shift molotovs" made of alcohol, seperate from the real ones, or making molotovs with alcohol should just be removed.  At that point they could lose the whole going out all the time thing...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: October 11, 2016, 03:20:12 pm »

If they use the ethanol or the like I can see them working then. But yah, just plain old booze seems a tad off.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: October 11, 2016, 03:56:42 pm »

So either there should be "Make-shift molotovs" made of alcohol, seperate from the real ones
I suggested this and Kevin was all "no, it won't be good incendiary fuel". Because, you know, I was suggesting that you use good incendiary fuel to create a crappy, last-resort version of a molotov.

Not to mention the guy who said that because Molotov cocktails were already makeshift weapons makeshift Molotovs were redundant and therefore impossible (???)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: October 11, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »

Someday when I have more motivation I'm going to infiltrate a project, attain leadership positions, and just naysay everything using insane troll logic. I've seen it happen too many times to believe it doesn't work.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: October 11, 2016, 03:59:52 pm »

Yeah, I saw that thread.  I have decided not having an account at the CDDA forums is probably the best bet as far as my own sanity is concerned.  The lead dev doesn't seem like the most... logic driven person in the world, from my point of view.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: October 11, 2016, 04:00:23 pm »

Wait, they took a packaged mod out of the game because they thought the mod was too mod-y? ???

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: October 11, 2016, 04:11:26 pm »

Im not going into it.

but I will say Im not actually 'banned' from adding to the mod.  I simply refuse to while they refuse to integrate a specific portion.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:13:19 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: October 11, 2016, 05:47:19 pm »

To be fair, 80-proof is too low. 100-proof is pretty much the bare minimum you need for a liquor molly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: October 11, 2016, 08:43:52 pm »

Oh look, its my buddy officer Getfhucked

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Them migos and grackes are apparently doing a number on his 12bashing armor.

In other news, I am not.  Ive discovered that a few days ago they refactored the melee code, and now my 2melee heavy skick wielding naked rump is not the best suited to smack dead guys upside the head to death.

2x4s are much better now, whereas before it was pretty arguable.  This guy survived by

A: not getting mobbed by zeds leaving his burning house
B: using a pointy stick and scrounging - I mean utterly digging the gum off your shoe to eat it scrounging - sheets and stuff until he got a shopping cart.
C:  Not getting cheeky with the item hording or going for shops.  Usually Id go 3 streets in to get to a sporting goods store on night 1.
D: finding a boomer with a flashlight on it.

p:

Ahh, it only got better.  I have a handcannon I found on me with 6 shots.  Since I made the cop I know what and when he will do things, and I figured I could take him, and loot the military gear.

hahahaha

Never say I dont test my own creations and spawn lists.  that jabberwock is a 1 in like 500 chance when the red moon rises of actually spawning on day1.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:50:58 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: October 12, 2016, 01:08:49 am »

For some reason when I pry open a crate in the latest experimentals, its creating a nothing tile, like there's no floor, except it isn't even open air, like a hole down, it's literally a nothing tile.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: October 12, 2016, 07:58:12 am »

I literally squeed in delight as I finally figured out how to get one of these to work.

Remains one question: I installed a .223 rack on the same tile. Will this draw ammo from anywhere in the vehicle to reload the turret automatically?
Because what I did now, was load a STANAG drum magazine with NATO tracers by hand, and then use that loaded magazine to reload the turret manually.

EDIT: this is how the tile is set up. Ammo is in the stow boards behind the seats. Will the .223 rack draw from that?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:02:32 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: October 12, 2016, 02:27:22 pm »

For some reason when I pry open a crate in the latest experimentals, its creating a nothing tile, like there's no floor, except it isn't even open air, like a hole down, it's literally a nothing tile.
I actually just added a bitty to let people pry open coffins, so...

>.>
<.<

I did a dirty update and it is working fine for me.  I havent heard anyone else mention it.  and it is certainly possible that a clean recompile of the code will make the error occur...
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 451